[PICS] What happens when you eat less & exercise... [epic?]

-Kapion- said:
T D, I am 6'8". Were you pushing it in terms of fitting on that bike? because i am seriously thinking of buying one. I am like 250 and just portly, not fat really but need to lose bout 50-60 to be happy.

You may be a bit too tall for that particular bike. I had the seat at the maximum height and it just barely let me get the right extension on my legs. At 6' 8" I'd say 210 is close to your ideal weight. I started getting noticed by the ladies (and felt confident walking around) at 210 - the last thirty was just to get it all off the abdominal and pec area.

- D

Congrats, honestly no one here can say enough about what you were able to accomplish. My question is, do you not have to lift much weights now because you had muscle from carrying around all that mass from before? I'm looking to trim about 10lbs from being lazy in college, 5'9" 165lbs. Thanks for the inspiration.

FortuneCookie said:
Congrats, honestly no one here can say enough about what you were able to accomplish. My question is, do you not have to lift much weights now because you had muscle from carrying around all that mass from before? I'm looking to trim about 10lbs from being lazy in college, 5'9" 165lbs. Thanks for the inspiration.

I had a fairly average amount of lean body mass when I was at 350+. I wasn't built by any means and I'm pretty sure I haven't lost a whole ton of lean in the process of removing all the fat.

The fairly intense cardio towards the end made sure that my body was burning fat, not muscle when using up energy. Typical diets restrict calories but have no exercise; the result is you drop alot of water weight and lean muscle mass. When you go back to your old eating habits after dropping the 20-30 pounds, you don't have that muscle there burning away calories for free and you gain the weight back and probably then some.

http://www.fatlosstips.com/ was a good place to get info like that from when I was getting started.

- D

Emilee said:
Its not as black and white as you think it is. Some people try very hard to lose weight, and its not nearly as easy for them.

yeah, he said himself his weight stemmed from TERRIBLE dietary practice

its much easier to diet with a body that is used to a calorie overdose

the people who eat small amounts but have packrat metabolism have it rough

Congrats man!

Diox is the man - he took me to a killer steak lunch right after I moved to Austin and started working at Dell.

Good for you doing your own deal and doing it your way - there are no magic diets and you have to find a way of eating you can do long term.

I used to have a schwinn recline bike - I got to where I would ride so long (on high intensity) that I would quit due to soreness from sitting, not fatigue. Those bikes can help you a lot.

Awsome job man - you inspire me to keep going.

I think we were about the same size last year - I cant imagine myself at 180 - maybe 220, but you never know until you get there...

EPIC indeed!

respect man, i never had any weight problems but i know how hard it is to get rid of old patterns and jugding from the diet industry you're one of the very few :sunny:

Emilee said:
Its not as black and white as you think it is. Some people try very hard to lose weight, and its not nearly as easy for them.

Some people have severe blood sugar/insulin problems and some people have thyroid problems. Those are the two groups that are going to have the hardest time.

Oh, and if you have sleep apnea and let it go, look out...

Good job man, now shave that stupid thing off your chin.

I didn't see any cliffs, was this a subway thing? Will they make you a song?

Diox, Diox use to be as big as an ox
Now he so skinny he can see his Cock
Diox diox..............................

Back