!!This week!!

i'm afraid to say, but i think they'll say something...even if it isnt when it'll be released, but we deserve to know whats coming from the patch, and i think they understand that. no1 can really tell though... :emo:

Even if they come out with some fantastic patch that fixes everything we want in some fel swoop, I am not going to forgive them. It really wouldn't be that hard to give us a change log or a weekly update, even if the update consisted of "Oh hey".

They have absolutely the worst pr campaign I have been forced to go through.
Only developer intiative is what we got, and even that was curtailed.

I'm loyal to Tribes, not VUgames. I'm thinking this is probably the last product I buy from them, except for future purchases through Steam.

Tahnit said:
If they cancel the patch im done with T:V.

I'd be guessing you won't be alone there.....not to mention the people who were waiting for the patch to "have a look at it again" will now never re-appear. :(

discuit said:
I'd be guessing you won't be alone there.....not to mention the people who were waiting for the patch to "have a look at it again" will now never re-appear. :(

absolutely. while i definitely like the game, i wont continue to play against 2 other teams on the ladder with 2 active servers and 50 empty ones.

the premise that even got it this far has been, "the patch is coming"

my prediction for guy.welch's 'annoucement':

'there was never any patch- apparently the patch info was 'bad intelligence'

I wouldn't panic just yet. The StarSiege update doesn't actually comment on what the patch news is, good or bad. It just states what was obvious from the get go, the sheer size and scale of what they wanted to accomplish isn't going to be possible using T:V's design, regardless of a patch now or ever. They wanted a full scale war mod with Tanks, Aircraft, HERCs and Infantry played out in a large scale world and that just isn't going to happen using a game engine that only supports 16 players per side at most.

The news of T:V is still out there waiting... good or bad. Don't scuttle the ship just yet.

Hellsfury said:
I wouldn't panic just yet. The StarSiege update doesn't actually comment on what the patch news is, good or bad. It just states what was obvious from the get go, the sheer size and scale of what they wanted to accomplish isn't going to be possible using T:V's design, regardless of a patch now or ever. They wanted a full scale war mod with Tanks, Aircraft, HERCs and Infantry played out in a large scale world and that just isn't going to happen using a game engine that only supports 16 players per side at most.

The news of T:V is still out there waiting... good or bad. Don't scuttle the ship just yet.
Still, would you want to continue trying to make peace between two bickering 3rd parties to patch a game that probably won't sell a significant amount more copies?

Hellsfury said:

"It gives me great pleasure to announce that, going forward from today, Clancore will be joining the ranks of developers working with Garage Games and their upcoming Torque Shader Engine in making Starsiege:2845 a full fledged stand alone game project, and it will no longer be a MOD for Tribes:Vengeance."

This is a GREAT managerial decision on Clancore's part, glad to see they have the intelligence and balls to use the correct engine and development team for a Tribes Titled game.

SS:2845 was T:V's last hope ... T:V is done ...

they will probably wait until friday to make the annoucement, right before he leaves for the weekend so he doesnt have to deal with us for a few days (if its bad news)

Back