TribalWar Magic Cards

Tribalbob said:
that's too much work to remove the text without making it look shitty. I can barely add text without making it look shitty.

cloning one area onto another works pretty well. the text is just a font which shouldn't be too hard.

I have hundreds of dollars worth of magic cards lying in my closet somewhere. The arms race just got too bad so stopped playing about time I went to college. I don't think my cards are even legal for play anymore given thier age and even before then several became restricted or outright banned.

I am curious what Data would do for me. *hint hint*

same here inq. all the useful old cards are outlawed, and all the ones that are still legal are weak compared to their modern version.

This thread actually got me talking with someone here on campus about it. Apparently, even the old tried-n-true combos like Lure + Thicket Basilisk aren't legal any more. Also, to fix all the rule-breaking that the new stuff does, new card override old cards when they conflict. Too bad. It was a pretty fun game.

Yeah, I stopped playing MTG in like 2001 or 2002.. I don't remember. I still have my original deck that was really fun to play. I will admit though, the older version of the game was a lot more fun to play.

I quit playing in like 95 or so... I still have a shitload of beta's and alpha's, and 4th.

Most of mine are 3rd edition. I'm sure most of them are illegal in tournys, I should go to a card shop in town and school some little kids with some OLD cards and make them cry.

DwarfVader said:
I quit playing in like 95 or so... I still have a shitload of beta's and alpha's, and 4th.

Most of mine are 3rd edition. I'm sure most of them are illegal in tournys, I should go to a card shop in town and school some little kids with some OLD cards and make them cry.

yeah good luck with that, when you come up against 6/6 regenerating creatures that comes into play for essentially free and returns to owners hand when they dies. :rolleyes:

i have about a starter packs worth of 3rds (and the 3rd edition expansions), some 4ths, and then a ton of everything after that up through the urzas sets. Mirage/Visions/5th edition were the last good sets.

I caught the tail end of revised and rode (half-heartedly at the end) through tempest.

addps4cat said:

On a side note, the Magic Set Editor is actually pretty good/easy to use. (second link, third link on the list, have to go through homepage to get it.)
Jus thought I'd mention it.

Ex. (took all of 30 seconds)
mtgpicsorstfu1ft.png

Tribalbob said:
yeah good luck with that, when you come up against 6/6 regenerating creatures that comes into play for essentially free and returns to owners hand when they dies. :rolleyes:

i have about a starter packs worth of 3rds (and the 3rd edition expansions), some 4ths, and then a ton of everything after that up through the urzas sets. Mirage/Visions/5th edition were the last good sets.

Bah... The little bastards wouldn't know what to do against an assasin/vampire combo deck.

I thought Urza's Set was probably one of the most unique sets ever created. Too bad I wasn't around to play with it at all... I wasn't playing at that time.

Dwarf, you got me beat on years. I didn't play THAT far back, but I at least know what the hell you're talking about.

Back