things that go bump in the night are going bump in my attic by travelyan - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page things that go bump in the night are going bump in my attic
Page 15 of 18
Mooley
VeteranXX
Old
281 - 09-26-2004, 04:13

Sponsored Links
Asura
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
282 - 09-26-2004, 04:24
its easy enough to fix it if it happens again. shotgun+rocksalt= really really painful but not deadly hellspawn deterrant.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
283 - 09-28-2004, 03:19

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
284 - 09-29-2004, 00:52

Bad Andy
VeteranXV
Old
285 - 09-29-2004, 02:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHREAZ
Well, about 2 AM, I woke up and saw a sniper in the room. I freaked out and ran into our closet. Totally forgetting about my wife, I shut the closet door.
Lmfao, best part of thread.
Btw, brasstax owned this one.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
286 - 09-30-2004, 02:12

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
287 - 09-30-2004, 03:11
goatse clock man still at it

AkumA
Banned
Old
288 - 09-30-2004, 03:13
so someone update me.. he ever check what it was? what happened?! OMG!

MotB Chaos
VeteranXV
Old
289 - 09-30-2004, 05:10
Okay. True story.

I was mountain biking with a friend late one afternoon in a relatively remote area of the nearby mountains. We rode a bit longer than we had planned and it was starting to get really dark. We got to the paved road heading back to the car when I noticed my tire was flat. Riding uphill with a flat was no fun at all, so I started walking. I told my friend to ride ahead to get the car and to come back to pick me up.

Within a few minutes, it was totally dark. Not your regular dark, either. I'm talking no moon, no stars, no lights, can't see your hand in front of your face dark. It didn't bother me, 'cause I'm generally not afraid of the dark.

Then I heard a noise. Thought it was a rodent or something in the bushes. Didn't pay much attention to it until I heard it again. Closer. Something was rustling the bushes. Thinking it was an animal of some kind, I cleared my throat and made some noises to scare it off. It rustled again. Same place. Sounded to be just off the side of the road ahead of me. No friendly animal stays around after the noise making thing, so I was starting to get nervous.

I looked around for a weapon, but the closest thing to something deadly I could find was my portable pump (tire was blown or it would have been useful). I grabbed the plastic, lightweight, useless pump and stood there for a few minutes. Didn't hear anything. I walked forward some more and heard the rustling again. I was scared as hell by now. I'm thinking it's a cougar. A damn loud cougar. Or a crazy guy. Damn crazy guys are always sneaking around in the dark killing people.

Thinking that walking/running is better than standing still, I start running with my bike, being sure to keep my bike between me and whatever is on the side of the road. A few feet ahead of me, in the darkness, I saw it. Just off the side of the road. Waiting for me. It was a plastic bag. Stuck on a bush. The wind would make it rustle just like a cougar.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
290 - 09-30-2004, 05:47
I was settling in for a good nights sleep last night, just about ready to doze off, around 10pm...I was getting up at 4am, when my neighbors decided it'd be a good time to grill some steaks...

Talk about waking you up with your stomach going...bastards, didn't even have enough to share!

uwlax_echo
Banned
Old
291 - 09-30-2004, 07:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND
alright, wtf. this is the second time i seen this word in the past couple days. cicadas <-- what is it?

it's the year of the cicadas! they are insects.. but have a very long life cycle that is in sync with almost every other one... they spend like seven years of their life underground or something like that.. then just emerge for a summer... and this year is the year they emerge...

read: http://biology.clc.uc.edu/steincarter/cicadas.htm

also.. cicada sex!

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
292 - 09-30-2004, 07:55
Only that's not cicada sex since those aren't live. They molt their skin, and that is two shells.

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
293 - 09-30-2004, 08:02
heh.. the cicada chorus. It's the sound of a summer night, over here. That and the morning chorus of kookaburras in the morning.

It's nice to live in a leafy suburb sometimes

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
294 - 10-01-2004, 02:44

Pachacutec
VeteranX
Old
295 - 10-01-2004, 03:01

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
296 - 10-14-2004, 00:55

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
297 - 10-14-2004, 01:05

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
298 - 10-20-2004, 01:24

Gobd
VeteranX
Old
299 - 10-20-2004, 01:26
why did u bump this scary thread right before my bedtime?

Ascoe
VeteranXV
Old
300 - 10-20-2004, 01:34
So uh... Why dont you have a shotgun and a maglite.

Page 15 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page things that go bump in the night are going bump in my attic

Social Website Bullshit