[T:V] Different idea for starting game

Kefka

Veteran X
I posted this a while back in another thread, but I think everyone overlooked it since it was my first or second post.

Before each match, give a 3-minute lobby time. In here, people could decide upon map and talk to their team to find who would do who's job. Nothing is more irritating when every team mate goes on LO gen rape runs and the enemy caps four times before we get our base back up from the seamless raper and a flag defender set.

Commanders could also be chosen during this time and could set objectives for the rest of the team. I just think this time would help teamplay come together instead of just hotdropping everyone into a defenseless base and pent up for the incoming HO/cappers or run to the vehicle station to stand in line.

I think everyone overlooked your idea because it makes the game extremely boring to play if you have to wait 3 minutes after each map. No one will be planning anything just spamming "how'd that feel".

I dont like the idea, I dont want to join a pub just to have someone trying to tell me what to do. And if this is for Comp. games, most teams know what they are doing before they even have a match.

Then take away global chat from the lobby time.

You can't say much else than voice binds after the games because you have like 10 seconds before your comp temporarily freezes up to load the next map and you're getting spammed out by "gg!" and voice binds.

This is already in Natural Selection and Mechwarrior games... it seems to work pretty well. And no one says you can't have this lobby time toggled on/off for servers.

If the game is designed correctly, being able to decide on a map and find out who's on what position will be integrated seamlessly with no waiting.

What WOULD be nice is if during tourney mode you could run around and just fuck with stuff. Maybe put everyone in god mode or something. Your idea of making people wait for 3 minutes made me remember how much I hated just sitting there looking at nothing, waiting for the rest of my team to join the server. I hate waiting.

Agreed. Warmup sessions where I can sit around and blow things up or laze around in observer while still being assigned to my team (pre-match period) would be nice.

The only problem is selecting spawns before the round begins. Should you have 30 seconds (the countdown to match begins) to switch spawn points?

I think you could have a warmup time, and if they do the spawn sysyem in a certin way, such that you choose an ofensive, defensive, tower, etc. sphere, you'd select that before match, and just spawn up at the 10 second mark or some such. But that's based on a made up system that's only been talked about around here.

Warmup is a good idea for tournies etc. Especially if you can only enter warmup mode once you are ready.

this idea would be good for pickup games, otherwise it sounds pretty stupid* to me.

*i mean stupid as in too much like bnet games :|

If 3 minutes is too much, make it a variable for servers. You could just have a 1-minute lobby time to see who's doing what and what needs to be done. Most people don't respond to "What's your assignment?" at the begining of the match because they're too busy waiting on their shrike.

Kefka said:
If 3 minutes is too much, make it a variable for servers. You could just have a 1-minute lobby time to see who's doing what and what needs to be done. Most people don't respond to "What's your assignment?" at the begining of the match because they're too busy waiting on their shrike.

Fuck that. No one is going to even attempt any sort of coordination in a pub 90% of the time.

Back