[T:V] Cluster....

Azra3l

TWS Champion
Tribes 1 has consistently proven that a base is NOT, NOT, NOT necessary to win.

Tribes 2 has consistently proven that a base/porta-inv IS, IS, IS necessary to win.

I understand that this is a different game, but the functionality of cluster should probably be examined as early as possible in the development.

Thoughts/opinions?

A team with their base up should have an advantage, but taking down a base or capping with a naked cluster should also depend on the skill. Thus it should also take skill to defend the base and flag.

I think that offense should be powerful, but I also think it shouldnt be as powerful as it was on DC and SH. Playing with no base on either side is no fun. Clustering in CTF isnt very fun at all :\, its kinda boring actually.

I think it should depend on the map. If a map is ment to be clustered there shouldn't be a base to keep up.

If there's a base to keep up it shouldn't come down so easily unless it offers a very serious stratigec advantange.

Only problem is most of that stuff is subjective, so I guess weather a cluster is effective or not should depend on the map maker.

Simply for varity. You can't tell me minotaur was never fun?

Of course I suppose that's not really a map where the bases were taken, but it WAS a cluster fuck.

Yeah, I liked minotaur because the stations stayed up, yet it was still a fast-paced clusterfuck. And there was still some skill involved in getting the stations down.

On the other hand, I think StonehengePUB (the one with no stations or anything) is the most retarded bastardization of a Tribes map yet. Its so boring. Even though its really intense, there is very little variation to combat and even less strategy involved. Its just mindless disk spamming on the roof.

Last edited:
Void|deadjawa said:
Yeah, I liked minotaur because the stations stayed up, yet it was still a fast-paced clusterfuck. And there was still some skill involved in getting the stations down.

On the other hand, I think StonehengePUB (the one with no stations or anything) is the most retarded bastardization of a Tribes map yet. Its so boring. Even though its really intense, there is very little variation to combat and even less strategy involved. Its just mindless disk spamming on the roof.
not really :\

I dont care if there is a cluster or not. I hope the game will offer some new playing styles and tactics, and will evolve to something else than T1/T2, to something better.

But ofcourse, things like Bases should not be required to win matches if you are skilled enough.

Void|deadjawa said:

rofl nub

deadjawa you due to your largely growing number of retarded posts you are now regarded as unworthy of reading

[meph]DooM! said:
Stating your opinion as fact doesn't help further the issue any :-/
OK let me rephrase that. "It seems to me that" StonehengePUB is extremely monotonous. There, happy now?

I was just trying to keep it simple :\

I think the ability to cluster was related more to the physics and not the weapons.

In T1, skiing was difficult, but someone who knew how to do it could easily do the routes and get to the high speeds without an energy pack. All the energy pack served to do was give you lots of extra energy in a duel.

In T2 classic, the physics were both easier to get up to speed with, but also giving you less energy while naked, restricting the number of routes that could be done naked.

In other words, in T2, you lacked the weight momentum and power, even if you had the gravity and speed.

Just aim towards T1 skiing on the high speed end of the physics system and people can still cluster on clustering maps and use bases on base maps.

If you have the right physics, the ability to cluster depends on the toughness of gens/invs and the map design. And that puts more power in the hands of mappers while giving players versatility (such as the ability to play the game without an inv).

mall0ry said:
rofl nub

deadjawa you due to your largely growing number of retarded posts you are now regarded as unworthy of reading
Your complete inability to form a grammatically correct sentence renders your posts simply unreadable, yet oddly entertaining.

Back