Any of you ****s get migraines? by amRam - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Any of you ****s get migraines?
Page 3 of 5
Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 04-07-2019, 21:31
My wife got migraines with Aura's and her smell heightened like crazy. After her hysterectomy she doesn't get them much anymore.

Sponsored Links
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 04-08-2019, 01:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernus View Post
wife had them all of her adult life until she went to eye doctor one day and they discovered she had a prism (strabismus). she got glasses to help correct it and the migraines went away entirely.
She, like almost every woman who says they have migraines, never had migraines in the first place.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 04-08-2019, 03:03
wtf

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 04-08-2019, 03:45
Had migraines from around 4 years old to 28 years old.
Did some massive lifestyle changes and they became much more infrequent, nowdays getting one about half a year (used to be once in a week or two weeks).
Definitely some of the worst pain I've experienced, and I've broken ~30 bones etc.

Also haven't taken migraine meds since 16, do take some ibuprofein for some of the side effects I was getting.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 04-08-2019, 06:52
Drink more water.

If you are on the computer all day get glasses that help with the flicker and light from the monitor and overhead lights.

Also we now know that validuz is hooked on opiates, which explains a lot.

Last edited by Falhawk; 04-08-2019 at 06:58..
Semantik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 04-08-2019, 07:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpiece View Post
yes that is migraine w aura

some people just get auras, but never a migraine... my uncle is one of them.

Ive never gotten a migraine without an aura... its so god damn routine, i usually have an idea of when its coming even a day or two before...

I have 4 brothers and my mom tells me she had migraines when pregnant with me but not my other brothers, and none of my brothers ever get migraines

gg
I can tell when I am about to get them too. I see like 'retinal burn' lights for about ten minutes before they go all out. This is when I try to take the excedrin and a coke. I have taken aspirin also, even though it is in the excedrin...it helps sometimes.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
47 - 04-08-2019, 08:16
Any of you guys with bad migraines ever try tryptamine-based drugs like sumatriptan? Did it do anything?

darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 04-08-2019, 09:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantik View Post
I can tell when I am about to get them too. I see like 'retinal burn' lights for about ten minutes before they go all out. This is when I try to take the excedrin and a coke. I have taken aspirin also, even though it is in the excedrin...it helps sometimes.
ok yes that is called aura

I am talking about the prodrome phase

4 Migraine Phases: Prodrome, Aura, Headache, Postdrome

Flubber
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 04-08-2019, 09:27
Do you guys get the migraines only when you are home? In the morning after sleeping?
Have you checked your CO2 level in the buildings? Allergen levels?
Amazon.com: IQAir [AirVisual Pro Air Quality Monitor] Compare Indoor Forecasting, Historic Data, IFTTT: Gateway

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 04-08-2019, 09:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumDumpin View Post
Any of you guys with bad migraines ever try tryptamine-based drugs like sumatriptan? Did it do anything?
I get the sumatriptan injectors and they do work... when they work. You have to take it right when you 'feel' one coming on and it has the ability to stop it completely or, like in my case, when they worked, shortened the length of it. But the drug is pretty bad for your body and at least for those who get clusters, abuse of the drug (2+ injections a day) can cause the headaches to increase in intensity.

They also make me feel like **** but that is more than likely because I would have to take several of them a day.

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
51 - 04-08-2019, 13:18
I started getting migraines with aura around age 12. They were downright debilitating until my late 20s when they started getting milder. Nowadays I get the aura for about a half hour or so, then a wave of nausea as my vision clears, then a completely bearable headache for the rest of the day. I get them in pairs and triplets a couple of days apart, and these clusters occur about every two to three months depending on trigger exposure. I've gone as much as half a year without one. Excedrin Migraine takes the edge off and I'm good to go which is lucky since the one time I tried a prescription med for it (Midrin) I was loopy for a couple of days. My triggers are sun glare & camera flashes, lack of sleep, certain wines, and whatever the type of breading and grease they used at Captain D's Seafood Shoppes in the early 80s. I feel for you, my migraine brothers and sisters, stay strong.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 04-08-2019, 13:39
I seriously laugh anytime val talks about women

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 04-08-2019, 16:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
Do you guys get the migraines only when you are home? In the morning after sleeping?

Have you checked your CO2 level in the buildings? Allergen levels?

Amazon.com: IQAir [AirVisual Pro Air Quality Monitor] Compare Indoor Forecasting, Historic Data, IFTTT: Gateway
Hrmm maybe onto something here...

I almost exclusively get migraines at home and usually in the mornings.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 04-08-2019, 17:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVoiceOfReason View Post
whatever the type of breading and grease they used at Captain D's Seafood Shoppes in the early 80s.
jonny cat breading + 80W shell spirax

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 04-08-2019, 17:37
btw here's the solution 4 all u normie girlie men:

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
56 - 04-08-2019, 17:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
jonny cat breading + 80W shell spirax
That'd do it, I reckon. I haven't had fast food fried fish in over 30 years because of those.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 04-08-2019, 19:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Drink more water.

If you are on the computer all day get glasses that help with the flicker and light from the monitor and overhead lights.
Unless you're using a 30Hz monitor and trying to game, that isn't the problem for anyone, not that glasses would magically increase refresh rates anyway.

"Derr, wear glasses whn u stare at stroobe lites, guyz"

How are you so stupid and clueless on so many subjects? It's fascinating. What is it you're actually competent or informed on? Anything at all? That's not rhetorical btw.

Dennis
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 04-08-2019, 20:44
Serious question, do you eat figs or fig newtons or other dried fruit?

"Headaches or migraines caused by dried fruits are probably due to tyramine. ... Fruits that may have high levels of tyramine include banana, avocado, figs, raisins, papaya, and red plums. If you have this headache trigger your best bet is to eat your fruit fresh."

Semantik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
59 - 04-08-2019, 22:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpiece View Post
ok yes that is called aura

I am talking about the prodrome phase

4 Migraine Phases: Prodrome, Aura, Headache, Postdrome
First, that is a great site, thanks for that link.

Second, what I am talking about, prior to the aura, is that I will get this feeling of lights distorting, like a retinal burn...not actually there. My neck tends to feel tight and I feel nauseated, but not enough to throw up...just that gut feeling. Then sensitivity to light...then the Aura's pop in..usually on the edges, and eventually all, or nearly all of my vision.

Its a real *****, that is for sure.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 04-09-2019, 07:04
It's probably a tumor

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Any of you ****s get migraines?

Social Website Bullshit