Hook Ammo Poll by Thrax Panda - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Hook Ammo Poll
Page 3 of 9
View Poll Results: Are you for or against ammo for the Grappling Hook?
I am IN the beta and FOR ammo. 65 14.71%
I am IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. 68 15.38%
I am NOT IN the beta and FOR ammo. 138 31.22%
I am NOT IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. 149 33.71%
Me bad english? Unpossible! 22 4.98%
Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

-Striker-
VeteranX
Old
41 - 08-08-2004, 18:07
Two more ideas:

Limit refire rate, (this would also fix that immediate second fire after a cut)...

Or even better, make is so that if grapple points take a certain amount of damage, they disengage. If you could disk people's line off the ceiling, it would be pretty easy to return the flag.

Sponsored Links
Darmach
VeteranX
Old
42 - 08-08-2004, 18:16
I'm not in the beta, but how about having ammo that is only depleted when the line is broken, either through splash damage or if the line is cut by any solid objects in its path? You could have an additional firing delay for the next shot when this happens, as well.

Not sure if the line breaks through splash damage, though.

But if it did, it would be easy to explain: You always rewind the line after a successful grapple and detachment, but if the line breaks, you have to take a spare cable out of your pocket and "load" the grappler, which would take some time. Also, you can't carry an unlimited amount of spares. Having only one spare cable could be quite interesting.

Last edited by Darmach; 08-09-2004 at 14:12..
Celios
VeteranX
Old
43 - 08-08-2004, 18:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Striker-
Another thing to think about is a map fix, change the ceiling on cavern, make the roots un grapple-able, add some more roots, and bam, the line is cut if you aren't way more cafeful.
That has to be the best idea I've heard on the subject. On some maps the grappler is next to useless and on others (Cavern/Utopia) it is godlike. So, instead of a bandaid solution with the weapon, why not fix the maps? Making grappler use on maps where it is too powerful more difficult seems like a much better solution than a botched attempt at limiting it.

BadRasta
VeteranX
Old
44 - 08-08-2004, 18:26
increase fire delay

Skyler
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
45 - 08-08-2004, 18:31
I just think it shouldn't be allowed to grapple onto terrain. I hate to ruin Jodo's plans, but it makes sense.

(sorry if this was in the thread already, I just voted and hit reply)

FreshMeat
VeteranX
Old
46 - 08-08-2004, 18:43
On Cavern, it only takes 5 uses of the Grapple to get to the flag and 5 uses of the Grapple to get back. I think 20 shots is plenty. I think you should also only get a few uses of the Buckler too.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 08-08-2004, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by -cyanide-
if the grapple has "hook ammo" then wouldnt you need to reskin the grappler

there shouldnt be a reel

edit: i prefer being able to only grapple hard surfaces

Well, you could think that the "Ammo" are cartridges used to fire the hook.

Yogi
Tribalwar Staff
Old
48 - 08-08-2004, 18:44
Quote:
Two more ideas:

Limit refire rate, (this would also fix that immediate second fire after a cut)...

Or even better, make is so that if grapple points take a certain amount of damage, they disengage. If you could disk people's line off the ceiling, it would be pretty easy to return the flag.
I've always like this idea

Minion^
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 08-08-2004, 18:50
Not in beta. For ammo.

mixolydian
VeteranX
Old
50 - 08-08-2004, 19:18
Well, the jet pack is limited in that it only has so much energy to be used. Skiing is limited by the terrain of the map and skill involved. The grappling hook should be limited as well. Although it is also limited by the map and skill, it makes the limitation of the jetpack pointless. You can stay in the air indefinitely. If the grappler isn't limited, the balances placed on skiing and jetting do not have as much of an effect. imho

p.s. i'm haven't played beta

Sopo
VeteranX
Old
51 - 08-08-2004, 19:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshMeat
On Cavern, it only takes 5 uses of the Grapple to get to the flag and 5 uses of the Grapple to get back. I think 20 shots is plenty. I think you should also only get a few uses of the Buckler too.

Thats kinda the point of the buckler.

Fatman
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 08-08-2004, 20:18
Quote:
Two more ideas:
make is so that if grapple points take a certain amount of damage, they disengage. If you could disk people's line off the ceiling, it would be pretty easy to return the flag.
I think this is the best option.

Plague
VeteranX
Old
53 - 08-08-2004, 20:27
I don't see the point in giving it ammo when it can't do any damage. It's a support item you waste a weapon slot on.

The only problem I can see would be people doing things like using bombers to fly in a hoard of heavies to a base, or to hang in odd positions to gain an unfair advantage.

I don't agree with a set time limit so much as I'd agree with damaging the rope the longer it's used and on how fast the player is moving. The faster you move, the sooner it breaks, although not moving at all will cause it to eventually break as well.

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 08-08-2004, 20:32
i dont think it should ever break from being attached to long, while yes this is basically extended beacon hanging with the ability to avoid shoots we just need the ability to shoot the hook out of walls

or make the hook a weapon much like the elf so if it does hitsomeone it just saps their energy a bit thus making the ammo worth something

kompo
VeteranX
Old
55 - 08-08-2004, 21:12
I am NOT IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. Accidentally voted I am IN the beta.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 08-08-2004, 21:40
Anyone else notice windexy voted he was in the beta? Sup stolen cd-key..

triple
VeteranXV
Old
57 - 08-08-2004, 21:43
I voted against because while someone grappling around on cavern is hard to hit - it's not abuse. It's a way to play the game. Gotta adapt to changing tactics, folks..

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 08-08-2004, 21:45
lol at for "i am IN beta and FOR Ammo"

afex, Ben Reed, Bloody, Chaoz, Colosus, DOX, FatesWarning, Father Ruckus, FreshMeat, hfingers, JodoFett, KillerONE, Lotus, Metropolis, Musashi, Ontrose, pulsed, PyroTeknik, RedSpider, sLoGg, SoulSkrew, Sub40, Thrax Panda, ViRGE, Vivrant, windexy, Yankee, Yogi, Zoby, ZProtoss, [Khorne]Johnny X, [meph]DooM!, |MX3| ParadoX

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
59 - 08-08-2004, 22:28
I thought there was going to be a time limit that the flag could be away from home anyways? Besides, you can swing around and around a stalagmite for a while on each grapple. I don't think limiting ammo will nerf it alone, and passing the flag to a teammate with full grapple ammo removes that nerf right away.

discuit
VeteranX
Old
60 - 08-08-2004, 22:49
Quote:
Two more ideas:

Yes and yes...add both imho...

Page 3 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Hook Ammo Poll

Social Website Bullshit