Can it be repaired?

I think *all* cans of Rustoleum are probably bad. Maybe I'll try Krylon, or I might just make the jump to the expensive enamels.

FUCK!

I masked off the front and side of the headstock, resprayed the area I sanded through, and all was well. Once it dried I pulled the masking tape off, and the paint came with it on a patch of the side.

FUCK RUSTOLEUM.

I think I'm very close to having it where it needs to be, so I'm going to stick with this. I just need one more good coat of black paint, and then some coats of clear and a polish.

Clear went on yesterday and it looked okay, except for some orange peel finish. I'm sanding today and polishing; I'll post some pics later.

Stilgar, I think I have probably 8 hours into it.

assfrags, I used Rustoleum. Never again. I'll give Montana a shot if I can find it, but I'm more likely to use $15-a-can ReRanch brand paint, which is super nice.

All done. The back and sides turned out perfect. The front face has some cloudiness to it that can't be seen from more than a couple feet away.

pm20_072010_01.jpg

You can see the cloudiness.

pm20_072010_02.jpg

The back turned out perfect.

pm20_072010_03.jpg

From most angles, it turned out okay. I may get the desire at some point to re-shoot the clear, and take care of that cloudiness on the front, but probably not. I'll probably just put it on Ebay and see if I can get a couple of hundred for it.

Probably worth it for the experience alone.

I have a cherry red Epiphone SG that has the jack ripped out of it, and I need to glue it/make it look good.

Covering it with tape is starting to look easiest.

Back