Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SCAM] I think I am being scammed
Page 3 of 3
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 10-20-2018, 17:06
My son-in-law got auto-scammed last year. $5k down the drain. He already makes peanuts so 5k to them is a lot of money.

I felt super bad for him because he had to explain this to my daughter. She called me shortly after in tears. And yes, I did transfer 5k to her so they can get a real car.

Sponsored Links
Evil Engineer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 10-20-2018, 17:08
Suggest you pick the intermediary. If they back out it's a scam.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
43 - 10-20-2018, 17:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
My son-in-law got auto-scammed last year. $5k down the drain. He already makes peanuts so 5k to them is a lot of money.

I felt super bad for him because he had to explain this to my daughter. She called me shortly after in tears. And yes, I did transfer 5k to her so they can get a real car.
you both got scammed!

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 10-20-2018, 17:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Engineer View Post
Suggest you pick the intermediary. If they back out it's a scam.
I definitely will in the future. I have some family members who are in the trucking industry recommend who to use.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 10-20-2018, 17:15
What year(s) are you looking for? I'm guessing -67-68, maybe 69? 70-72 are sexy beasts as well
Auto or standard?

I see a lot of people updating classics with modern powerplants. Its not unusual to see a late 60's muscle car with an LS motor in it. They are solid motors, make a decent amount of hp out of the box, but im more of a purist myself when it comes to old Detroit muscle.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 10-20-2018, 17:16
1968 is my car. 67's look ok, but I like the small changes made to the 68. The 69 to me looks horrendous. I hate the front end on that car.

If I found a car in great condition with no motor I would consider dropping an LS1 in it. I don't need massive HP. I want a cruiser. 300-400 HP works. I'd love a car I could drive in the summer to visit family in other states or to a nice lake front cottage in Michigan. This will not be a trailer queen.

Auto or standard? Doesn't really matter all that much to me.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 10-20-2018 at 17:19..
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 10-20-2018, 17:33
This is just a quick glance into the fb marketplace around me

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...66453000554792

Wants 18,000. has a 350 chevy, he has the original 350 pointiac that needs rebuilt to go with it

$20k
455 pontiac 700r trans, frame off restoration in 1994, garaged since, no rust

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...30848917694188

SuperSniperX
Veteranniner
Contributor
Old
48 - 10-20-2018, 17:39
My dad sold a 73 Mach One through a consignment shop in NC. Fully restored car with less than 1000 miles on the rebuilt engine. The dude that bought it drove to NC from Chicago in a Camry, picked up the car, had a ****ing hitch put on the mustang, and towed his camry back to chicago. People are weird.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 10-20-2018, 18:06
Haha if I was going to do that I'd just fly out there and drive it back. I forgot about FB market place. I'll check it out.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 10-20-2018, 18:11
1968 Pontiac Firebird | F33 | Las Vegas 2018

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 10-20-2018, 18:37
I want a convertible, but that does look good. Mecum is in town next weekend. I am going to hit it up and take a look. They only have 1 68 Bird up for auction the last I looked. Red also.

Seems all the recent restores are red. Must not be a true 400. Missing all the 400 badges and aesthetics.

def
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 10-20-2018, 21:52
Just saw this thread. Just curious, were you going to buy the car without looking at it?

If yes, would you have had them take it to a local mechanic to at least do an inspection?

ps, **** scammers

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 10-20-2018, 22:35
The green looks really nice, better than the red, although it will be 5-10% slower on the 1/4 mile

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 10-20-2018, 22:53
According to the scam company they send an inspector out. They test the car, take pics, video, etc. If I liked their inspection report I would transfer the money and they would start the shipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Just saw this thread. Just curious, were you going to buy the car without looking at it?

If yes, would you have had them take it to a local mechanic to at least do an inspection?

ps, **** scammers
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 10-20-2018, 23:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
According to the scam company they send an inspector out. They test the car, take pics, video, etc. If I liked their inspection report I would transfer the money and they would start the shipment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I don't know about this one. If i were spending that much cash, either a: its going to be road worthy enough to drive home, or b: im going to spend a little more and have it shipped with a legit car hauler. But the money you would spend to go look at it yourself would be way worth it imho

Dweasel
Banned
Old
56 - 10-21-2018, 00:33
Uh, just don't bite.
IF you can't ascertain in person, ....... don't bite. K?

def
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 10-21-2018, 03:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Ah. Good catch then knowing it was sketchy.

Word of advice to anyone else in this situation, when buying a car remotely you never take their word for it, you hire someone there locally to do a PPI. You can find trustable local mechanics by asking on any forums usually.

Best thing to do is fly out and seeing it in person if it's a more expensive car. I flew cross country to buy my Noble back in 2009. Drove to the bank with the seller, then drove the car to a shipping company and dropped it off.

Depends on the price of the car really since a PPI can cost a grand and trip out can cost several.

Last edited by def; 10-21-2018 at 03:19..
ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 10-21-2018, 06:43
I would probably hire Osmaethae or Maxxcarnage and send them out. SmilingCanadian if it was up north.

Plasmatic also but he is nuts and would take it in any condition so you wouldn't really know what you're going to get.

Flipp
Veteran4
Old
59 - 10-21-2018, 06:53
u gotta b sum speshul kinna dumfukcuck 2 even b tinkn bout buyn anytin car n havvn shippt n e werez frfr lma0 dis mus b wyte trash prob smdh lol

Page 3 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SCAM] I think I am being scammed

Social Website Bullshit