[T1] The Link Thread

btw these are really nice i like it, esp DS

a few things
a) have you tried the BE logo on the chest as white? i think it'd look nice
b) make matching flags to match the be/ds color schemes :]

Last edited:
It is on 1.30 servers. Don't like it, play 1.11 servers. Oh, that's right, there aren't any because people are tired of cheaters.

you of all people should know it's not a cheat

just because you suck even with interpolate, still doesn't make it a cheat

a good fix to your problems would just be to uninstall tribes

i mean really.. people suck so bad at this game that a vote option to disable chaingun was actually put in place...

interpolate what?

i mean really.. people suck so bad at this game that a vote option to disable chaingun was actually put in place...

interpolate what?
strawman218.jpg

interpolate what?

On 1.30 and 1.40 clients, interpolate is not considered a setting. By altering the hard-code interpolate value, you are giving yourself an advantage that doesn't exist globally, therefore making it a cheat.

ShitHole options are not common-place, or standard. Vote to disable CG was probably implemented for shits and giggles by _bugs.

Am I the only one that still doesn't know what interpolate is exactly?

From what I remember reading it just changed some response setting time on your chain gun. Which back in the day made a big difference between dial up and cable/dsl, but now doesn't matter that much.

I really never looked into it, I don't care about winning or being the best that bad I guess.

On 1.30 and 1.40 clients, interpolate is not considered a setting. By altering the hard-code interpolate value, you are giving yourself an advantage that doesn't exist globally, therefore making it a cheat.

ShitHole options are not common-place, or standard. Vote to disable CG was probably implemented for shits and giggles by _bugs.

voting to disable cg was not common place

lasthope was not meant to be standard for match/competitive play

pot meet kettle

From what I remember reading it just changed some response setting time on your chain gun. Which back in the day made a big difference between dial up and cable/dsl, but now doesn't matter that much.

I really never looked into it, I don't care about winning or being the best that bad I guess.
it's just a clientside setting like FOV or favorites, and like any other setting, having it properly tuned can increase your performance

Vote to disable CG was probably implemented for shits and giggles by _bugs.

I did originally do it as a joke for a "no rules day" but it worked out so well that we left it
in on the pub. Interesting results to say the least.

voting to disable cg was not common place

lasthope was not meant to be standard for match/competitive play

pot meet kettle

Why did you quote my post, then follow it up with a bunch of bullshit that had nothing to do with anything I've posted in this thread?

Your client only receives position updates on other players incrementally from the server. As such it must interpolate (take previous known location, add previously known velocity) the position between those updates to make the movement appear smooth. This is your clients best guess as to where the actual guy is, but it may not be correct. So by making the thing update faster, you know where the enemy is (according to the server) but it may be more jittery.

The chaingun was balanced with dial-up in mind. The argument goes that the proliferation of broadband has increased its strength in proportion to other weapons.

Summary: there was much QQ ing.

or was that just in mods?

I thought you could in the original version but someone said it was only in mods like renegades. I also remember sniping the flag off ppls backs every once and a while.

I also remember staying up till 7:00 am on school nights drinking while playing tribes. Hence my confusion.
Definitely not base

I did originally do it as a joke for a "no rules day" but it worked out so well that we left it
in on the pub. Interesting results to say the least.

worst thing ever
i suck at cg and I still hate to have it disabled
enhancing scoring and stuff is cool as fuck but changing the gametype is bullshit
it's not "base" anymore it's a mod

Back