Adventures in rust part 76

Plasmatic

Contributor
Veteran XX
[so] I did control arms, tie rod ends, ball joints and sway bar links for a neighbor a few months ago. Today I did the rear brakes and found this..

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Passenger rear:
7V2Ya13.jpg

Drivers rear:
HCI6ouS.jpg

Drivers rear with a jack under it lifting, then being released.

You can hear the same noise when changing direction. The whole subframe rocks forwards and back an inch from the gas tank. It's AWD so this subframe does most of the work moving the suv around. She's had this about a year, so I told her to go back to the dealer and get into something else, as I'm not terribly interested in screwing with this. I could replace the subframe, but it's missing mount points too. There's no way this much fell off in the last year, so hopefully they work with her.

get it some valtrex, that crotch rot will clear right up

i did it w/ my daytona :cool:

Yeah, if it was mine I would fix, but she just got it a year ago and the dealer may help her out. Especially with all the new parts on it. Even if I did fix it, I'd probably have to get a sub frame shipped in from the south, then I'm swapping parts and rebuilding the body where the mount point is gone. If the rest even comes apart without falling apart.

A guy could repair what's in there and get a few more years on 3/4 of the mounts, but no way am I putting anyone but myself in a half assed repair.

One of the rear calipers is bad, rear differential just started leaking, and the transmission is starting to get flaky. Time to move on.

Mitsubishi endeavors will be collectible someday and you’re gonna kick yourself in the ass for not saving this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where you live, but I pay the extra for the rust protection undercoating so I don't have to deal with shit like that until I've royally fucked the vehicle up in some other capacity.

Plasmatic, do you sport a mullet? Because everything points to mullet. And bad tattoos. Pics please.

Also, baccy.

Well that's your problem right there!
California adds in
Rainbows and lemon-drops

Running over the vagrant's shit throwing it up onto the chassis is probably what does the trick though. California can send some over??

Last edited:
There may be recalls out to correct this. When I was a dealer tech we did some rusted subframe replacements when the control arm mounts broke off. Possibly get it fixed for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back