What antivirus are you using?

F-Secure

I have it installed on all of our 200 workstations at work, becourse we got a great deal on the whole F-secure range through our provider. Of course I nicked a copy for myself. Works great, but thend to slowdown startup more than other AV products I know of.

I was using NOD32 Enterprise but overtime it just became slow and caused numerous conflicts with business software we use.

Since then I've been on Sunbelt Softwares beta team for their new Vipre Antivirus / Anti-spyware. I was using their Counterspy anti-malware program and was very happy with it. It was a highly modified version of Giant Softwares malware engine, the company Microsoft bought for their own anti-malware solution.

Vipre is a completely new tech (released just this last week) built from the ground up to combine anti-virus and anti-malware in one system.

Seems to be working good so far.

Which software did NOD32 conflict with?

Which software did NOD32 conflict with?

I am not exactly sure, since it started going bad right about the time I got into the Vipre beta, so I just dumped it. But it was causing intermittant lockups and when it hit off a scan at noon the workstations pretty much became unusable.

Big Black Man Anti-Virus.com

Spoiler

F-Secure

I have it installed on all of our 200 workstations at work, becourse we got a great deal on the whole F-secure range through our provider. Of course I nicked a copy for myself. Works great, but thend to slowdown startup more than other AV products I know of.

I guess you havn't tried Symantec Client Security 3?
We are quite happy with this product except for the startup time. (Yes, we have removed the quickscan option for both startup and new virusdefinition). Older machines with single core have had up to 10 minutes boottime, and the PC is completly locked up during this time. Its fucking frustrating to get to the desktop in ~1 minute, and then just sit and wait until the harddisk led have stopped blinking. Once bootsequence is done, the machine is not slow at all. Re-installing SCS seems to solve the slow startup problem for a few weeks. Then startuptime get longer and longer again.

Some kind of McAfee 2008 thing. It caught a few trojans on a usb stick someone brought over the second I plugged it in, so I guess it's working fine.

Recently started working for Circuit City's firedog as a tech, and have been doing a lot of antivirus work. One day, I got to thinking, what do TWers use for their AV software? Maybe I'll find something that our higher ups don't know about and I can suggest we start using it.

Me personally, I'm using spyware doctor, works great.

you understand that spyware doctor is not antivirus right? :banging:

Back