[Leveling] 80 --> 85

To those that have hit 85 already, what would you do differently? Rather, what's the fastest way to reach 85? Is the dungeon grind to 83 or whatever really worth it? Or just suck it up and straight quest? Hyjal > Deepholm > Uldum etc?

I did (with alot of afk/fucking around) thrown in

about 24 hours played

dungeons till 82, then i did quests and randoms the rest of the way, queue'd as DPS since healing was hard with retard tanks

now i'm trying to get all the gear out of regular dungeons (the ilvl 333 shit) before I go heroics, doing 5 mans as a disc priest

Seriously, some of you really have no life. Of course, zeph will explain that this is because I'm jealous!

leveling is stupid easy this time around man.

ive been contending with a 2 hour wait time and playing casually and i am already 83, and i despise leveling.

You won't like 84, they pretty much double the XP needed to cap out. I think I spent about eight hours at 84 roughly, and that was mostly questing and a handful of dungeons.

Seriously, some of you really have no life. Of course, zeph will explain that this is because I'm jealous!

A few of them were still up after I went to bed and woke up for work. I came back from work..."Any of you sleep yet?" "nope".

Someone, maybe Masque, went for a 2 day journey into azeroth.

That being said, I did 81-82 in 3:10 and that included eating dinner. Vash's quests are super easy and incredibly stackable.

You only get skill from digging for the first 100 points. After that it's 5 points per solve all the way to 525. You go from 2 fragments to 3 fragments but it never rises past that. You can dig in Outlands at 300, Northrend at 375, but technically you can gain skill points from Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor all the way to 425, but there's a chance you won't gain skill points on a solve. I believe how it works is you have less of a chance to skill up on an item if you've already made it once.

The biggest hangups to Archaeology are travel times and the luck factor. If you get a lot of rares, it slows down the level process since they require 80+ fragments to solve instead of 30-45. As a mage it was easy to port around Eastern Kingdoms. Set my hearth in Light's Hope and could port to IF/SW to cover the central area, plus take the portal to Blasted Lands. I'd say for non porting players you could hit 525 in 35-40 hours.

Meh, you should have heard the talk in my local Gamestop on the midnight release. People were "bragging" they had adjusted their sleeping patterns for the previous two weeks specifically so they could do a marathon at 3am playing WoW. Others said they had made stockpiles of ready-to-eat food, Red Bull, and 5-hour energy shots. Love the game, but not THAT much so I could that Tuesday and Wednesday off. No big deal really but don't say I don't have a life when there are people like that abound.

Meh, you should have heard the talk in my local Gamestop on the midnight release. People were "bragging" they had adjusted their sleeping patterns for the previous two weeks specifically so they could do a marathon at 3am playing WoW. Others said they had made stockpiles of ready-to-eat food, Red Bull, and 5-hour energy shots. Love the game, but not THAT much so I could that Tuesday and Wednesday off. No big deal really but don't say I don't have a life when there are people like that abound.

That's crazy. I've resigned myself to being the last person in StK to hit 85, but I really don't care. I'd rather have regular sex and make a living ;)

My main is 82.. just questing and random dungeons.

My Worgen Mage is lvl 50 with RAF.

Holiday party tonight.. not able to play.. so I'll just soak up the rested XP!

Back