WoW alternative...

I have recently been sucked into Dungeons and Dragons Online.

You can actually create unique characters in this game. That is the one thing that I SERIOUSLY hated about wow... my character essentially being identical to every other player in the game that chose the same class.

I was really really surprised at how good DDO is. I can't believe I had never played it before.

I'm having lots of fun...

Oh yeah, and it's free.

F2P MMOs, no matter how good they may seem, will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever end up being worth it.

I gave LOTRO a try (also Turbine) hoping it would be similar to my old favorite Asheron's Call 2... and it just felt terrible. I can't imagine DnD Online being any better

lotro was maybe they worst mmo i've ever played. complete garbage.

i actually really like the classes and gameplay in warhammer but the way/time they released it was bad and killed the game.

You can actually create unique characters in this game. That is the one thing that I SERIOUSLY hated about wow... my character essentially being identical to every other player in the game that chose the same class.

I was really really surprised at how good DDO is. I can't believe I had never played it before.

Oh yeah, and it's free.

Late to the thread but if you're on Cannith let me know, I don't really play anymore and can send you some pretty nice stuff if you like.

Oh yeah, and it's free.

This post tells me you know nothing about MMO's. You've probably started with WoW and then searched for alternative just to be cool and "underground".

DDO is not an MMO. It's like Guild Wars, set of instances without open world. It's nice in it's own way but definately not what MMO should be

But to LOTRO haters: that game rocks. I's PvE only game. My personal opinion is that you can only enjoy LOTRO if you're a LOTR freak. It's not as polished as some other MMO's (read: WoW), the interface is worse etc.. But it feels like Tolkien. So boohoo.

Back