[skybox] New skybox stuff

S_hift

<b><font color="lightsteelblue">Veteran</font><fon
So I fiddled with the skybox for a few hours. Found a bunch of good ones here and started converting them for tribes. I also took some screenshots at various positions so you can see how the fog blends properly with the skybox and the horizons. It also comes with some Hires base textures that I had put together from textures I found on the internet. I applied gradients to the skyboxes so they would blend better at various heights :D

comes with all public plugins and all the textures I've been working on.
file name: TribesSkybox2
TribesSkybox2

Credits
Quake3World.com View topic - 5 new Hi-Res Skyboxes by Hipshot

luSLfP3.png

XXjuKBQ.png

qVFlue5.png

l7woTh1.png

Yj5CRTJ.png

pl7Unsg.png

yHl9TDz.png

fhUF2cr.png

NYc858R.png

J4yVCHC.png

i7vxTYW.png

uuojeYx.png

Q6rrkgE.png

843Y3LE.png

78ukgQH.png

7ss4x6O.png

jiop8O0.png

W4096N1.png

2B2eqKL.png

Last edited:
In a good way? In a bad way? Too foggy, maybe not enough?

update 12-14-16

so i noticed the lush sky wasn't entirely seamless, probably a mistake on my end while adding the gradients. So I started over and started messing with skies from T2.

Results are pretty good, I'll be posting a complete set sometime this week. If anyone would like this particular skybox inbox me and I'll give you a copy of it.

Here's a preview.
nKCtkPN.png

i dont know what you're out to argue Heidi but you are fairly territorial and its like please relax, tribes had modding and skinning for a reason, if you think he needs to give stork credit then make the argument like you just did, dont go attacking him out of malice

stork is good enough on his own now that he simply doesn't need the negative reinforcement of trolling. his work speaks for itself, so does his pedigree, the guy is fly, dont sink him with rage, if u want to output the truth do it simply and make a good argument

so far i dont really care to study the two screenshot groups to see if shift slightly altered storks or if he actually got them from quake or where the original comes from

i dont think it really is a big deal

id hope shift would give proper credit if he did take influence/copy them

Oh yeah credits to groove, laughing stork, mariejane, sgs and milkman for configs and various textures/scripts seen in the video.

Also -
Andrew - for making 1.40 possible
Team 5150 - being one of tribe most active clans
Lemon - for misc scripts
Big Bunny - for the sweetest dropper script
Z0dd - author of many tribe script
UniX - for making possibly one of the sickest configs I had ever seen
Kpack - for making the lamest script known to tribe

the one sky I think that was probably storks judging by the style of it, was probably the green aliensky that used to be blue. I genuinely forgot whos they where and the blue hue made it hard for me to see discs so i changed them to pink and green for desert and alien maps.

Anyway I'm pretty sure I did forget to add credits to the op. For that I'm truly sorry and if there is anything I can do to make it right I will (besides quit TW & Tribes 1).

I have the best intentions for this game and any money made from adsense and youtube will be sent to the server owners of Niflheim LT and Annihilation Legendz because life is hard as it is, with all the responsibilities of being an adult its almost impossible to have a little fun sometimes. I personally thank these people who take the time out of their day to update the servers and make our gaming experience more enjoyable.

Back