Have ya ever met a happy atheist? by SuicideTaxi - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?
Page 12 of 77
KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
221 - 10-10-2018, 17:15

Adam and eve hung with raptors fyi

Creationist museum documented it

I dont think this is a trolling matter havax

Sponsored Links
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
222 - 10-10-2018, 17:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
I'm not necessarily asking you to scientifically prove anything, I'm asking you if you have a good reason to think that we live in a reality where a deity of some kind exists. This is a simple yes/no question. Do you?
I think it's a combo plate of an innate, intrinsic knowledge, (much in the way of an instinct, just knowing without even knowing why), and a culmination of my own observations of this world over the course of 49 years.

My earliest memory, and I don't remember a single thing past this point, (I must have been about three or four), is looking out of a four-story window of a Brooklyn apartment, down at the rooftops and the cars and the noise, wondering where I was and why I was there, and asking God "What is this place? Why have I been sent here? I want to go BACK." And although I didn't hear the voice of God, I certainly felt the... imprint of God? The presence? Whatever it was, it was certainly a clear signal or message to me that was not just my own brain working. It was, for lack of a better definition, the "voice" of God. And it told me, "You can't go back. Just keep going forward, it will be okay."

Throughout my entire life, I've felt that "imprint" along the way. I'm fairly savvy... I can tell the damned difference between "I thought that" or "I figured that out for myself" or "I wanted to do that", and "Uhhhh what was that... something just told me XYZ."

Now I can't say with any authority what "that" voice is. No idea on that front. But one thing I can say with absolute assuredness is that it's a higher power than myself, and it seems to know a whole lot more than I do.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
223 - 10-10-2018, 17:19

Adam and eve hung with dinosaurs

We have documented proof

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
224 - 10-10-2018, 17:19
Neque enim quaero intelligere ut credam, sed credo ut intelligam

/thread

cael
VeteranXX
Old
225 - 10-10-2018, 17:20

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
226 - 10-10-2018, 17:21
Most athiests that are unhappy are probably so because they are constantly being hounded by the believers.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
227 - 10-10-2018, 17:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Most atheists that are unhappy are probably so because they are constantly being hounded by the believers.
i find that to be the complete opposite

i hardly ever see believers hounding atheists. instead, i mostly see atheists hounding/heckling believers. and even then, it seems that the believers are still happy with their choice, even after the heckling, and the atheists are still angry/unhappy.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
228 - 10-10-2018, 17:24
Havax do u think adams son got to ride a triceratops

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
229 - 10-10-2018, 17:26
sure bro

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
230 - 10-10-2018, 17:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post

i hardly ever see believers hounding atheists. instead, i mostly see atheists hounding/heckling believers. and even then, it seems that the believers are still happy with their choice, even after the heckling, and the atheists are still angry/unhappy.

Are you doing your duty to take in refugees like the Bible says i have a no go zone ready at my place for any somalians

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
231 - 10-10-2018, 17:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
I think it's a combo plate of an innate, intrinsic knowledge, (much in the way of an instinct, just knowing without even knowing why), and a culmination of my own observations of this world over the course of 49 years.

My earliest memory, and I don't remember a single thing past this point, (I must have been about three or four), is looking out of a four-story window of a Brooklyn apartment, down at the rooftops and the cars and the noise, wondering where I was and why I was there, and asking God "What is this place? Why have I been sent here? I want to go BACK." And although I didn't hear the voice of God, I certainly felt the... imprint of God? The presence? Whatever it was, it was certainly a clear signal or message to me that was not just my own brain working. It was, for lack of a better definition, the "voice" of God. And it told me, "You can't go back. Just keep going forward, it will be okay."

Throughout my entire life, I've felt that "imprint" along the way. I'm fairly savvy... I can tell the damned difference between "I thought that" or "I figured that out for myself" or "I wanted to do that", and "Uhhhh what was that... something just told me XYZ."

Now I can't say with any authority what "that" voice is. No idea on that front. But one thing I can say with absolute assuredness is that it's a higher power than myself, and it seems to know a whole lot more than I do.
See, I think I can relate to that feeling. I've had moments where a great idea or the solution to a problem had popped into my mind instantly and out of the blue. However, I understand that the human brain is a fascinating organ that can do amazing things, and so I have no problem believing that this is just one of the amazing capabilities a brain has. What is your reason for attributing this experience to a deity instead, especially when there is otherwise so little evidence for a deity?

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
232 - 10-10-2018, 17:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
Are you doing your duty to take in refugees like the Bible says i have a no go zone ready at my place for any somalians
of course, i would help anyone that truly needed it, if i could.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
233 - 10-10-2018, 17:30
Quote:

Really? Because i can't remember the last time an athiest showed up at my door at 6am on a Sunday to tell me about the lack of god, or leave fliers under my windshield, or pamphlets tucked in my door.

I don't see athiest books in every hotel i go into, cant remember the last time I have seen any athiests (who used to be some of the biggest dopheads/whores around) flooding facebook with their fantastic acceptance of no god.

Say..what channels on tv are dedicated to Athiests every day, and which channels on tv are locked down 1 day a week for non-stop athiest messages?

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
234 - 10-10-2018, 17:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Really? Because i can't remember the last time an athiest showed up at my door at 6am on a Sunday to tell me about the lack of god, or leave fliers under my windshield, or pamphlets tucked in my door.
this must be a thing up north or something. i have NEVER had a religious person come to my door at 6am on a sunday, never had religious flyers on my truck, never had pamphlets tucked in my door. but, i can see that the 6am thing would piss me off, but the flyers/pamphlet, meh, i wouldn't let that get me angry, even if it was an atheist flyer.

Quote:
I don't see athiest books in every hotel i go into, cant remember the last time I have seen any athiests (who used to be some of the biggest dopheads/whores around) flooding facebook with their fantastic acceptance of no god.
it's a book, and it's in a drawer usually, why do you get so upset over something you don't have to read or basically see? and you are going to honestly sit there and tell me you never see atheists on the internet heckling Christians? stfu lol

Quote:
Say..what channels on tv are dedicated to Athiests every day, and which channels on tv are locked down 1 day a week for non-stop athiest messages?
you'd be surprised.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
235 - 10-10-2018, 17:37
Quote:

Same here.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
236 - 10-10-2018, 17:39
if atheism is true, why did god bother to write the bible?

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
237 - 10-10-2018, 17:42
Also, let's go back to this for a second because it dovetails nicely with Taxi's post:

Quote:
i don't know if i believe in a "god" or a "heaven" or a "hell". I just choose to believe that there is something after death, and most of my decision comes from what that person in my life experienced. there is no reason for him to have lied to me about it, and it is hard for him to talk about it. but that is the reason he believes wholeheartedly that there is something after death as well, and i believe him.
Sounds like this person went through a near death experience, had a vision about an afterlife, and now you believe in an afterlife because he told you about it.

My question is similar to the one I asked Taxi: given all that we know about the human brain's capability to fool itself, what makes you so sure that what your friend experienced was actually real under such circumstances?

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
238 - 10-10-2018, 17:43
Quote:
See, I think I can relate to that feeling. I've had moments where a great idea or the solution to a problem had popped into my mind instantly and out of the blue. However, I understand that the human brain is a fascinating organ that can do amazing things, and so I have no problem believing that this is just one of the amazing capabilities a brain has. What is your reason for attributing this experience to a deity instead, especially when there is otherwise so little evidence for a deity?
I disagree with "so little evidence for a deity", and not just because I innately know that to be inaccurate. I think there is evidence everywhere of there being a deity. Or at the very least, of there being more to the universe and human existence than just what's at face value. (Which, at face value, has almost no value at all.)

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
239 - 10-10-2018, 17:48
Quote:
you'd be surprised.
I call.

That non-answer is almost as stupid as your holy book. If we'd be surprised at the number of channels dedicated to atheism, go ahead and name 3.

I'll make it even easier for you: you don't have to name a whole channel, just give me 3 SHOWS dedicated to atheism.

Here are some corollary examples:

Living Biblically
The 700 Club
Life is Worth Living
This is Your Day-- with Benny Hinn
Compass
It Is Written
Songs Of Praise

The list of bull**** is 25 shows long, at least. Name 3 syndicated television shows dedicated to atheism. You said we'd be surprised.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
240 - 10-10-2018, 17:49
Quote:
Also, let's go back to this for a second because it dovetails nicely with Taxi's post:

Sounds like this person went through a near death experience, had a vision about an afterlife, and now you believe in an afterlife because he told you about it.

My question is similar to the one I asked Taxi: given all that we know about the human brain's capability to fool itself, what makes you so sure that what your friend experienced was actually real under such circumstances?
have you ever taken the time to read accounts of NDE? i get that the brain is capable of fooling itself, and we do have dreams, but that doesn't explain why so many people experience very similar things, like floating above oneself, outside of the body, seeing your body and the things happening around you, being able to describe things that were happening in the next room or places that you could never have seen or heard if you weren't actually outside of your body, the feeling of extreme peace and calmness that most people experience during this time, a lot of people describe feeling "love". I've had a lot of dreams in my lifetime, a lot of different ones, never experienced anything like those, so why would everyone experience the same thing, or very similar things, even if they never read or heard from anyone else that went through it?

Page 12 of 77

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay for jesus , hail satan , hfs was this made by ants