Need a Tribes OGL Historian

I played t1 off and on for a total of probably two years. A lot of the guys I was on teams with I still play games with...too bad felonius went insane on me in wow.

It is the only game I have ever spent time trying to be good at and will probably BE the only game I ever do that in. Simply not worth the time and the gaming community blows fucking dick these days.

What's up Fam. I seriously had to sever my WOW addiction at the time, and that meant giving up a shitton of effort into something that turned out to be a total waste of time, from a PvP sense. It became a job, having to drag people to try to turn the game into something it wasn't. Believe it or not I didn't actually go insane--Travis just managed to convince you guys that I did. He really didn't like my bailing like that.

Felonius said:
Wow, Darkhawk mentioned House of Spankings. We were a team of misfits formed from the leftovers of a Quake 2 Weapons Factory team. The most significant thing we accomplished was what we all split off to do after the team broke up. Old_skul and UVALAN. Pubknight and TSN shoutcasting. Shade and PredictIt. BurnYaBad and lucky ass mortaring people a lot, along with random drunken posts after he got done having sex with a new hot 18-22 year old every two weeks. Truly the biggest player and natural Pickup Artist in the Tribes community. Kato and his obscurity while somehow remaining on top teams. Perhaps the first chainwhore that I knew of. He chained on his DSL before he knew how to use his jumpjets. Somehow we managed to squeak our way into the Top 10 in a tough game against *S*, which at the time they considered an embarrassment. Going into a match against COWS thinking that they were some silly noob team, only to find out they were likely the best in the game at the time: Sierra beta testers. Hey, we won Broadside, at least. After they gave the fuck up and decided to beat us on the 3rd map, DoD. FUCKING AUTOAIM!

And I can't say all this without mentioning the origin of the infamous "Core disease." SuperFlu (Flu, nice name... prophetic) and I got together and tried to organize a merge of the most serious players from both HoS and BZ. BZ had such future superstars as Muun/KineticPoet, Shallah, xAlloutwarx, JackofallTrades... just to name a few. Somewhere along the lines everything went to shit and only a few of the BZ guys ended up joining the Israeli 700 ping SuperFlu on his merger attempt with the remnants of HoS (many of our guys had bailed from Tribes for Everquest and real life pursuits and were a bit behind the curve near the end).

Not to brag, ahem, but my greatest contribution to Tribes might have to be being the most annoying player in the game with my Stonehenge mortaring, lazy D sniper bombing runs, and relentless pursuit of cheating fuckbags who ruined the game that happened to rule my life at the time, Tribes. I literally hated lazy Tribes players. Whether that meant sitting around playing duck hunt ruining pub games (that would otherwise be action-packed and exciting), or players/teams so lazy they had to cheat to win rather than put in the time and effort to master the game the proper way. I took it all so personally... the No Fog and the pingfucking. It was my life, then. Now, it's amusing to think I spent so much time on something ultimately so inconsequential. But I still miss it in a way.

Did Doctors ever cheat? I have my doubts about a couple of players during 2000, the peak of Tribes competition (5150, S3, Sticks, TF, POE, Drs, NuTz, among others...) A few of our guys may have kept it under wraps well enough. Who knows for sure about any of their teams, really? It was certainly never discussed or leader-mandated. I hate lists as I hate to miss anyone who competed at that level during that year, but those are the teams I remember the most as being fiercely competitive during that period. In our second go at it (2002?), Shade set up a web site where everyone had to upload their demos, and BYB and I meticulously watched them to refine our strategy and honestly to police our players a little bit. We were rather self-righteous then, but I think that the truth did eventually come out to show that we were right about what we claimed. We weren't #1 and have never made any claims to be. But we were pretty damn good. It's clear 5150 was the best team. They didn't need to cheat, and they never ping fucked us. That was good enough in our book to give them the credit they deserved. We'd beat them in scrims some of the time, but in matches they were tooth-and-nail to the very end. S3? Well, they used packet rate tweaking, creative routing, rules lawyering, and (apparently) cheats in order to secure their position. Can I compare them to 5150, IE, or even Sticks or my own team? No. But that's just one bitter old fuck with a grudge talking, so don't mind me. They had some awesome offense, in any case. Their defense didn't know how to do dick except chain with 10ms and interpolate. We'd joke about it about how they could never land a disk or bodyblock worth a fuck. Yet, we still never took their #2 spot on the ladder, which we challenged twice. So I'm just talking out of my bitter white hairy ass.
yeah no one is reading that.

oh

one of the really nice things about t1 was that the cheats, in the end, did not make the game. You might have happyflag and can see the flag from across the map, but you still need to know where to ski and how to hit routes to get away from it. LD can always see your incoming cappers? Then get your HO to clear better. They always know where your carrier is? Well, they still have to go and actually kill him before they get the flag back.

The cheats obviously would have helped in a competition setting, but the bottom line is that it only supplemented but did not compensate for the skill necessary in the game. So, in a sense, tribes 1 remained a pure game.

Which is why T:V was so gay and i more or less stopped playing after i messed around with aimbot. Only pubbed around with nurp and some friends. The presence of an aimbot seriously gays up the game because it virtually eliminates a skill gap. There were tons of shitty players who could barely ski and had no awareness but could gun you down in 3 seconds without a speed pack.

Mael said:
Oh ya, and cyanide got a visit from the Boca Raton police department because no one likes a punk tricc ass bitch.

no i didn't

strega called my mom's house (where i did not live) at 1am in the morning and my sister picked up the phone

he said "I'M THE CALIFORNIA POLICE LET ME TALK TO JERRY's MOTHER"

my mom, dead asleep, picks up the phone

he explains the situation to her, she hangs up

a couple days later she says "oh did you know i got a call about you cussing on the internet ???"

i totally laughed

and then she told me, "don't use bad words on the internet"

i said o.k.

Last edited:
mael lives in a fantasy world where strega pretending to be a cop on the phone is the same thing as the real cops visiting u

nigafool said:
wasn't that more like strega called cyanide pretending to be a cop because the real cops laughed at him when he called crying about what a 14 year old said about his girlfriends daughter, the same daughter whose bed you got a bj from oibird on?

I actually had NOTHING to do with any of that, other than the fact that I was dating MadCat at the time. (What a fucking mistake that was)

Anyway, I wasn't even around, MadCat and Cy got into it in IRC, MadCat called called the cops, and the cops spoke to Cy on the phone.

That's all.

you can admit to having a sexual relationship with a hippy twice your age but not to calling cyanides mom on the phone?

we both know it wasn't the cops bro give it up

Cy, stop sending BYB pictures of your asshole in the mail. He's not going to let you move out of your parents house and live with him.

To answer your question, BYB is unfortunately unavailable despite my begging for the root juice of the BEST HOF IN TRIBES HISTORY. He's extremely picky and doesn't let anyone but fraggle hang from his sack, and that's only some sort of strange experiment where he hopes to make his penis even larger by hanging the heaviest thing he could find from the end of it.

nigafool said:
you can admit to having a sexual relationship with a hippy twice your age but not to calling cyanides mom on the phone?

we both know it wasn't the cops bro give it up

Believe what you want....I could give a fuck, cuz personally I hope that stupid fucking cunt MadCat gets hit by a fucking truck. In reality, it wasn't the police, it was the Sheriff's department that showed up at MadCat's house. MadCat got a hold of Cy's phone #, and the Sheriff's Department people called Cy's house. You may not like me, but I'm not a liar.

Like many others, I was at Tribes Gala and played Tribes since the Alpha/Beta Stage. Some really good times were had at Gala. I pretty much had the best view in the house, since I was shoutcasting for WSBN and was on stage through all the matches. If any of you remember, as soon as the match between S3 an IE started, 2 of IE's guys crashed to desktop. One of their LD and their Goalie. (Raindance)

LoLnOw was HUGE, he went solo and body blocked like 5 incoming S3 heavies before they got in and camped the IE base. I think S3 had 2 heavies inside before IE went to cluster, that was seriously insane.

When i$ played 5150 on SnowBlind, we did very very well, and I was imrpessed with our guys. We lost I think 2-1 or 3-1, which I think was pretty respectable against a solid 5150 team, including sLaM, Dread, DaBomb, etc.

In$ane $tyle from Gala: (8 man teams)
Back Row: Johnny Blaze - Surefire - Scoobs - LimpDisk - Hoochie
Front Row: Fullthrottle - Mael - Strega

i$baby.jpg

Another Gala pics, of TheRedDread:

Gala-TheRedDread.jpg

I was a part of a few really fun teams to play for, Initially {RwG} with the likes of Locke355, PeuswahBoy, and Rolento.

Then I was in Zulu...what a great fucking team, so much fun.

Then i$ which I ran, and we did fairly well, not a great team, not a shitty team, but we did hit #4 on the ladder after beating a very tough JAMZ and R&G.

In$ane $tyle consisted of:
Apollo, Arthug, Avox, BallzDeep, Brouhaha, Carveth, Clamsoda, Deathhavoc, Demonseed, Disco Kid (DaBomb), Erect Tit, Gravy, Hoochie, Jolt, Johnny Blaze, Kyuss, Limpdisk, Maelstrom, Maxine, Qtip, ScoobySnack, sirotilC (Locke355), Spaz, Strega, Suicydal (Rasta), Terror, Trew_Soulja, 7up

Who could forget {RwG}, the "Retards with Guns".

retardgun.jpg

Last edited:
Best skin ever. I remember when HoS played you guys. We had a bad experience with COWS with Guns, but apparently cows are better Tribes players than retards. :ftard: <3

after my threat of rape & murder, madcat sez:

"she wouldn't feel it!! lol your dick is so small!"

then she calls the police

haha

p.s. no one spoke to me on the phone, as i did not live at the address that was called

Last edited:
yea honestly the best part wasn't even the phone call

it's that you freaks actually got/tried to get the police involved over cyanide

I think the majority of the Tribes community is still waiting for the day when the youngins like Cy actually manage to get all grewed up. But until that happens, we must still post here. You're holding back every good man and woman on Tribalwar, Cy. That's at least like five people.

Back