[PICS] What happens when you eat less & exercise... [epic?]

It says how long... read the freaking thing.

TD, awesome job! I love hearing about these things. It's takes massive will power to do what you did, I know what's it's like. Hang in there, the next 5 years will test you every now and then but I know you can stay how you want for as long as you want. :D

I know it's been said and said, but that is incredible you should be commended and then some. You should seriously write to some companies of the products you used to try and get an advertising deal, or at least maybe some free stuff.

It's always been really easy for me to get into shape after only a few weeks of good solid exercise, but lately I've been sitting on my ass 90% of the time. I am hereby inspired to make a glorious and triumphant return to the sexy days of old!

(if only I had more muscle, less bones :()

k, I walked on the treadmill (cycle was broke) for 30mins... it said I burned 400 calories. I'm gonna cut out sweets, and try the 4 meals a day thing. What's a good site that helps you figure out calories ?

Phyzx said:
k, I walked on the treadmill (cycle was broke) for 30mins... it said I burned 400 calories. I'm gonna cut out sweets, and try the 4 meals a day thing. What's a good site that helps you figure out calories ?

Go read the nutritional labels for stuff you have in the house. You'll begin to get an idea for the good and not so good things you eat right now.

Ideally you want to find meals that will fill you up for less calories than you typically have. Right now, if you were to go and eat just four pieces of your usual store bought white bread, you'd completely undo the progress made on the treadmill for the day.

- D

Meant to post in here before, but good fucking job man - grats :) The "food as fuel not fun" revelation is an important one, and obviously capable of amazing results.

Again, congrats

Yea, its amazing what a little food watching and some excercise will do.

Im 6'0'', and I played hockey for about 12 years. So I had an average build, and the constant ice time kept me in shape. But once I was out of school, I started to get chubby. I went from 180 to 225 in a year. Its not a massive weight gain, but I could sure see it on my stomach, neck and sides.

So I decided one day, that I was gonna get in shape. I talked in depth with my cousin, who is on her way to becoming a sports fitness nutritionist (Or something like that). She made me a custom work-out schedule, based on my free-time, what I wanted out of the weights portion and how much weight loss I wished.

I did it last summer, and the first few weeks really seem like a drag. So I started to play squash on top of the workout program, because the treadmill was boring. Combined with the squash, and frequent weight training, I began to see results in the mirror. As soon as I saw that I could sculpt and build my muscles, I became totally addicted. I couldnt get enough excercise, and weight training. Since I was working out in the summer, I could get in 2 hours a day every weekday. In 4 months, I went from 225lbs to 180lbs. Then I increased, and became leaner fat-wise and leveled off at 195lbs. I felt great, looked great and nothing I did every felt strained or hard.

At my present time, I have fallen off the wheel because of a work related injury. On December 17, 2004 I broke my ankle at work, and was off my feet until March 1st, 2005. And since then, Ive gained my weight back to 205. I have been lazy, putting the workout off and have a different job now. Which involves alot of sitting, and not much exercise.

So today, Im off to the gym to renew my membership. Congrats TF_Diox, youve inspired me to go drop these pounds again. :)

Fuck all you atkins faggots, Diox is the perfect example of how not being a retard can make you lose weight.

Just want to say congratulations. I hate fat people (sorry fatties) because if they just put forth a little effort they too could lose some weight. You made a great example for the rest and I wish more people (especially girls) had the dedication that you showed. :bigthumb:

Durak said:
Fuck all you atkins faggots, Diox is the perfect example of how not being a retard can make you lose weight.

I wouldn't hate too much on the Atkins plan. It's wide scale influence did help me track down some lower calorie items that definately wouldn't have existed around 2001 or 2002.

Alot of 'Atkins friendly' stuff is just the original product minus all or most of the sugar content it had before. I was able to find some kickass sugar free whole wheat bread that Mrs. Bairds didn't make until atkins. I also found some low calorie sugar free ketchup made by Hellmans and the stuff rocks!

Both of the bigger diet programs made companies focus on having more healthy alternatives available and everyone can benefit from that.

- D

Back