TribalWar Magic Cards

I always was a hedgehog player - RTS's, card games whatever. I was at happiest when behind 3-4 castles, lots of flying first strike creatures, and generating dozens of life per round from my lib of leng + ivory towers.

I did have a couple decks that if I got incredibly lucky could do a first or 2nd round kill, which was unusual in those days. Most involved a lotus, sol ring or dark ritual, drain life, and the one that converts life into mana.

Then you had the little annoying combos - vipers + flame whip (poison), etc.

I knew I was getting fed up with the game when I started seeing things like
1) friends sliver deck that generated about 200 10/10 flying, trampling, immune to effects creatures by round 5.

2) friend can immediately rattle off a dozen ways to generate infinite mana relatively easily.

3) They made Timmy Power Gamer in Unglued (fine), then made a REAL card that was EASIER TO CAST of the same thing.

One of my friends still plays. The cards he has are ludicrous (but considered normal now). This 'equipment' crap is gay. Give me banding back and requiring double digit casting costs for things that are ridiculously powerful and I may one day consider playing again. *sigh* It's particularly sad when you mention some old classic like Flame Wave and someone tells you there is a new equivalent that costs less than half the casting cost, has some oddball extra side-effect, and returns to hand after casting =p.

These cards are amazingly funny...Data you have a great sense of humor man! But all this talk about real MTG has made me realize it was not nearly so gay when we played Advanced D&D when I was a teenager.

I played during the Odyssey/Torment/Judgement era and I have to say that those cards were fairly throw-back if you take some of the previous eras into consideration.

I always hated Sliver decks.. too easy to throw together.

Banding, Walls, Artifacts, First Strike.. so many good things that have just been rendered totally non-existant.

It was all about land destruction. Animate Land on your opponent + Eradicate = all your lands are gone. That deck won me a good many a tournaments.

I remember I had some card, reality twist or something, that fucked the whole game up while it was in play because it made all the Lands produce different mana. I can't remember the specifics, and i don't think I ever used it in a game, but that would have been a fun card to use to piss people off.

Skeletard said:
I remember I had some card, reality twist or something, that fucked the whole game up while it was in play because it made all the Lands produce different mana. I can't remember the specifics, and i don't think I ever used it in a game, but that would have been a fun card to use to piss people off.
Naked Singularity from the Ice Age set. It's probably sad that I remember that after 4+ years.

Pachacutec.jpg

First of the evening... :bandit:

ive refreshed the page 5 times waiting for someone to comment on that card

edit: 10 now

edit: 15

Last edited:
Back