My Dad passes away b4 my son was born..need Photoshop help

I never got to know my grandparents.

My family is full of late breeders, My folks were almost 40 when thay hadme and heir folks had kids late too.

this kindof resonates with me.

Viet... I'm doing my part right now, starting work immediatly.

The power of TW, is one of the greatest collective powers on the planet earth.

i love the work u guyz are putting into this, i also love how all of tw is together on this, good luck to u and yours. <3 to everyone.

Phrozen said:
I really like the way Oh Heck's is coming along.

I'm actually using Oh Heck's in combination with Bluntz PSD, and doing a bit of color and lighting tweaks so that the dad looks natural in the picture.

*EDIT*: By the way, I need a host so I can toss the reversion I have so far up.... Someone catch me in IRC or give me an email addy or something so I can get it hosted and up here.

Last edited:
Musashi said:
I never got to know my grandparents.

My family is full of late breeders, My folks were almost 40 when thay hadme and heir folks had kids late too.

this kindof resonates with me.

Interesting. I have the same thing in my family. My grandma died when I was 6, the rest were long gone before I came around. My dad died 5 years ago and my mom turns 70 in March.

CaptainZero said:
I can appreciate that you're trying to do something for yourself, and your son I guess, but what I don't understand is why is it important that your son remember your father. Your father died before he was born right?

It's a good question, and one that deserves an answer.

My great grandfather was W**** H.C. H**l.
My father was W**** H.C. H**l II
My son, the only male heir at the time, was W**** H. C. H**l III

(EDIT: )I have removed the names until I speak to my son about this

every other generation.....

My son asked about his grandfather (my father), and I felt that he should know more about him. He told me several times that he wished he had been able to meet my father, since he is his name sake.

Needless to say, it takes more than a week or two to recapture almost 18 lost years. I never got to see him grow up, wasn't there to play ball with him, etc. He has learned after all these years why he never felt "at home", never felt as though he "fit in" while growing up. After being with me, and spending a week in Florida with me last year at what turned into an impromtu family reunion in his honor, he now feels closely drawn to his original family - us.

He told me as we walked down the beach that for the first time in his life, he knows who he is, and feels as though he belongs now.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
Alright here is my first toss at it, this is a combination of Bluntz and Oh Heck's work, with some addeptations and some tweaking done to the contrasting/color/levels/mask levels/and the curves.

It makes the colors match up a little better.

Colorset1.jpg

Wow good stuff Viet.....but I gotta break bad here and simple console you by saying that you didn't miss much with your son....the best times are yet to come.....at least you didn't have to live thru black nail polish.:)

i started one not too long ago similar to Heck's idea, it seemed more natural to have the oldest person in the picture sitting down.

if you don't mind viet, i'd really be interested in hearing how your son was kidnapped and eventually returned?

Viet, that's some real courage to come here with this - and props to Tribal War for delivering no hate (well, Nido tried, but was ignored, which I think is a first for TW).

<3 to all involved, I wish I could do more, but I have not skill nor bandwidth, so I'll just give my encouragement. Oh Heck, the work you're doing is incredible, pool some talent and I think we got a winner.

Back