Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

That doesn't prove that it's green.

It proves that I can pick that card from the rest and you cannot.

It doesn't make you see green either.

Based on your experiment, you would have to - on faith - take my word that the card is green.
That's true, I still wouldn't be able to tell what green is or how you can recognize it. But that's not the point. The point is that this is an experiment that produces different results to me, with my limited senses, based on whether or not you have a sense of green.

So the question remains. Can you propose an experiment that would produce different results to me, with my limited senses, based on whether or not you have a sense that you're more than just a meatsack?

So... considering that it's an inner, spiritual subject and not a tangible physical one, we can dismiss the use of cards and test tubes and focus on where it's supposed to be - human beings.

Simply asking the millions (billions?) of people who can attest to a spiritual higher power is the equivalent of your card experiment.

The addict who failed time and time again to quit drugs until he turned to a higher power.

The criminal who finally turned to a higher power during a prison sentence and found his answers and spiritual peace.

The artist who attributes his memorable, soul-moving art to a higher power.

Or even just the average person going through their life, comfortable in the knowledge that there's a power higher than themselves.

All of those green cards can attest to something you cannot see, yet they know is very real.

So... considering that it's an inner, spiritual subject and not a tangible physical one, we can dismiss the use of cards and test tubes and focus on where it's supposed to be - human beings.

Simply asking the millions (billions?) of people who can attest to a spiritual higher power is the equivalent of your card experiment.

The addict who failed time and time again to quit drugs until he turned to a higher power.

The criminal who finally turned to a higher power during a prison sentence and found his answers and spiritual peace.

The artist who attributes his memorable, soul-moving art to a higher power.

Or even just the average person going through their life, comfortable in the knowledge that there's a power higher than themselves.

All of those green cards can attest to something you cannot see, yet they know is very real.
Those are anecdotes. I asked for an experiment.

unknown.png

Don't engage with Amadeus, he believes being a paedophile is OK as long as you don't actually physically fuck kids. Also it is OK to give your baby a vibrator.

And the irony of someone called Amadeus claiming that nothing exists out of the physical, measurable realm.

How do you measure passion, great thoughts, the effect of music? It's frigging godlike. Pls change your name to Pyrex.

He's arguing logically. You don't understand what an experiment is.

Okay, since you guys are so smart and I am so stupid, please tell -

What's your experiment to "prove" that someone is in love with a particular person that doesn't involve either of them claiming to be so?

What's your experiment to "prove" that green exists, one that doesn't involve a personal anecdote where people claim to see green?

What's your experiment to "prove" that a particular piece of music is soul-moving to people, one that doesn't involve a personal anecdote where people claim that it is?

Some of the people in this thread have claimed to be smarter than Einstein and Kaku... this should be a piece of cake, I think.

Trick question though - you can't.

wait amadeus is arguing about god/religion and he watches cartoons to the point of perverted obsession

ok

he has it all figured out

knows real truths not fake thruths

but wears a pony outfit and fantasizes about kids because WHY NOT

he doesn't need a reason

fuk is he selling that good life......so much so it brought DWEASEL back I see

there's no reason to believe in god unless you just admit you need guidance in your life, so you turn to established religions to help you get your shit together. i get it

why does one turn to cartoon ponies though?

Guy is up working on his roof.

He slips, starts sliding down the roof towards certain injury or death.

"Oh God please!" he says, "Help me God, I don't want to die like this! Just let me stop sliding, I'll sit up here until someone comes to help me. Please God! Just make me stop sliding!"

He slips further down the roof, getting closer and closer to the edge.

Suddenly his shirt snags on a roof tile nail, stopping his slide towards the edge.

Panicking, the man looks around him to be sure he isn't sliding anymore. Breathless, he breathes a sigh of relief.

"Phew!" he says, realizing he isn't going to die.

"Nevermind, God." he says, "It's okay, I got it!"

Guy is up working on his roof.

He slips, starts sliding down the roof towards certain injury or death.

"Oh God please!" he says, "Help me God, I don't want to die like this! Just let me stop sliding, I'll sit up here until someone comes to help me. Please God! Just make me stop sliding!"

He slips further down the roof, getting closer and closer to the edge.

Suddenly his shirt snags on a roof tile nail, stopping his slide towards the edge.

Panicking, the man looks around him to be sure he isn't sliding anymore. Breathless, he breathes a sigh of relief.

"Phew!" he says, realizing he isn't going to die.

"Nevermind, God." he says, "It's okay, I got it!"
remember that time you pointed to Einstein who would have cringed at this example

those were the times

Back