Rev 2 is going to be awesome

you know if they give t2 drones a boost so only dedicated drone boats could field (otherwise you would use the new named ones)them it could be a boost because of their speed and sig resolution

Something like that will happen. T2 drones will require more bandwidth than T1 according to the current plans, which favors drone boats.

Way I see it, instead of drone cruisers fielding 5 heavies, they could field 10 lights if they so wanted..or whatever the equivelent damage would be.

That way, a Dominix can turn into an anti-inty platform by spewing out 15 or so drones...cause they have less bandwidth than heavies, which it could only field 5.

I like it. They originally did away with 15 max drones cause of server strain, with the need for speed changes going into effect, maybe they feel confident in bringing back a number closer to the original?

Hell, imagine the domi field 10 current heavies, tradeoff being 3 less turret hardpoints.

they've repeatedly said the hard cap of 5 drones will remain in noncarrier ships. i see bandwidth being implimented as a broad nerf- kills fighter bombing, cause "non drone" battleships to be relegated to waves of shitty medium drones and lower, and possibly even force people to use different drone sizes or types depending on the ship

btw, they definitely are nerfing your eos

they've repeatedly said the hard cap of 5 drones will remain in noncarrier ships. i see bandwidth being implimented as a broad nerf- kills fighter bombing, cause "non drone" battleships to be relegated to waves of shitty medium drones and lower, and possibly even force people to use different drone sizes or types depending on the ship

btw, they definitely are nerfing your eos

I've been reading about people speculating on this, but I just cant see them doing it. The EOS is a command ship, without heavies it would be well below the damage of other fleet commands. It also doesnt get a drone damage bonus, yet it's characterized as a 'drone boat'.

Other than the Eos, I feel that your views represent the 'negative' side of what the changes could be. I think Im taking up the optimistic side of interpretation. Time will tell.

Honestly though, drones arent overpowered, it was the combination of NOS and ECM that really pushed it over.

It'd be interesting if different races drones had different bandwidth. If they make bandwidth fine-grained enough, they could do some interesting stuff if drones of the same size vary in the amount of bandwidth they use. It would be hard to manage as the drone interface is currently, but who knows what the next one will be like.

Just imagine, people actually using EM drones.

Way I see it, instead of drone cruisers fielding 5 heavies, they could field 10 lights if they so wanted..or whatever the equivelent damage would be.

That way, a Dominix can turn into an anti-inty platform by spewing out 15 or so drones...cause they have less bandwidth than heavies, which it could only field 5.

I like it. They originally did away with 15 max drones cause of server strain, with the need for speed changes going into effect, maybe they feel confident in bringing back a number closer to the original?

Hell, imagine the domi field 10 current heavies, tradeoff being 3 less turret hardpoints.

How would it work with carriers then?
150 light drones?, god damn...

CCP Nozh said:
Thanks for a lot of good suggestions and feedback!

We've decided to split this into a few phases, due to lack of recources we'll need to keep all the UI changes minimal.

This is phase 1 planned for our next release:

Minor Improvements:

• Make drones persist their shield damage when scooped up / redeployed.
• Increase the drone scoop range by 1000m

Minor UI Improvements

• Make the shield/armor/hull bars a single line, much like the gang overview UI.

Take a look at the before and after.

We really want to remove the drone stuff out of the overview, or change it so you can change it yourself (drag stuff out of the overview if you want to). But we just don't have the time at the moment, but it's going to happen...so for now we're just trying to make everything fit better.

• Little drone icons next to their target similar to when guns are activated. Mad PS skills.
• Show the target name of your drones in the "drones in space" window. Mad PS skills.

Drone Settings:

As described before:

• Agressive and Passive mode for drones.
• Fighter users can choose if their fighters follow when target warps away.

Added:

• Always focus fire

Drone Commands:

As described before:

• Guard
• Assist

Added:

• Abandon Drone

Drone Shortcuts:

Making the following "bindable"

• Engage Target
• Return and Orbit
• Scoop to Drone Bay
• Drone Settings - Switching between "agressive" and "passive". Toggle "always focus fire", "fighters: follow targets"

These shortcuts will effect all drones in space. No groups yet, keeping it simple to begin with.

Like I said before this is just what we're planning for the next release, UI re haul is on its way, give it a little more time.

Wish they'd just get rid of the damn things and be done with it. I never understood why people are so gung-ho about some stupid AI weapons to begin with. They're buggy as hell, cause lag anf FPS drops, and are a bitch to balance. They also enable ships to be able to hit all kinds of targets, which reduces the usefulness of other ships as multiple roles can be filled by one.

fu don't diss my drones

i lub them :heart: i would get on so many killmails sending warrior 2's at intys and shit during fleet fights

Back