T:V Update - Coming December 2004

Im glad its official now. To all the people that think they don't know about all the issues, If they know about the cheating by now im sure they know about everything else..

RunningWolf said:
To all the people that think they don't know about all the issues, If they know about the cheating by now im sure they know about everything else..
I'm sure they know about the major issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will fix those issues. They've set a deadline for the patch and probably already decided what they think they will have time to fix, I just really hope they plan on fixing all of the major issues.

I'm glad to hear about the patch. I figured a pre-Christmas release would be slated.

As for the people hoping the haters will shut up, don't hold your breath. They will find something else to complain about.

The fact that PB is being implemented means they're in this for the long haul. Glad to hear it. PB is by no means perfect, true, but it's better than a one-time fix and forget.

Cinderkarst said:
The fact that PB is being implemented means they're in this for the long haul. Glad to hear it. PB is by no means perfect, true, but it's better than a one-time fix and forget.

Good point and I hadden't thought about that. Since they are going to have to pay out to PB, they aren't going to contract with them and let the game die.

Unless they are totally stupid... like Atari stupid.
I don't think that's possible.

Homerpf said:
Then again I don't expect VUG to address some of the more important issues, because I'm not sure if they know if they can fix them for sure.

Which is exactly what worries me and why I have spent almost $2000 upgrading my PC but cant yet motivate myself to buy the retail.

At least my gf is wrapped in TV, cos after 3 years I no longer sit at my PC every night playing Tribes. =(

Thanks for the news, Guy.

A lot of the problems are strictly server-side, and the Unreal engine doesn't require that the server and client be upgraded in tandem. So in principle IG could release an updated server that fixes a lot of the problems without all the support costs of a new client. Epic releases frequent UT2004 beta servers for this reason, and they're quickly mirrored by the admin community, with good quality bug reports. After a set of beta's stabilizes, a new client patch follows. (One is coming out this week, following a string of 3-4 server betas.)

PB integration is a big item to implement, which explains why the official release won't be until December. But there's no reason IG couldn't release servers with other fixes in the interim for us to test.

I can host a torrent of any beta servers released.

Guy, please consider using the admin community to shake your stuff out before it goes gold.

Don't hate on PB. Only real problem with it is when it refuses to update itself and you have to run pbweb. No huge let down and in America's Army it cuts back on a lot of hacks. Was sitting in the server of a clan I play with quite often about an hour after a PB update and watched four people get global GUID ban for hacks. It was nice.

slut said:
The game is fun to play now.

I think it was you that got me in trouble the other night... was in a game with you and mc-fine. I was doing buckler D on Arid when ya came bombing in, bounce off me shield and I came running after you. A furball ensued and I managed to take ya down.

The trouble kicked in when I excitedly said "YEAH! I nailed slut!"

oops.

Great fun tho.

BitRaiser said:
I think it was you that got me in trouble the other night... was in a game with you and mc-fine. I was doing buckler D on Arid when ya came bombing in, bounce off me shield and I came running after you. A furball ensued and I managed to take ya down.

The trouble kicked in when I excitedly said "YEAH! I nailed slut!"

oops.

Great fun tho.

different slut... this one is a lot more loose.

Dang.

Still was a fun game.
I'm gonna have to build less and play more to sharpen my skills for doing battle with you guys tho.

A 'puter upgrade wouldn't hurt either.

My point?

Yeah... it's fun!

Probably better off not wasting time fixen the maps. Most likely we wont be useing many of the maps u guys provided by then.

Back