[release] Retro Tribes 1.41 Installer

groov

Veteran XX
i thought with the 20 year tourney coming up there may be demand for a retro-styled 1.41 build.

it's really nothing special, just the plasmatic stock build with fixes/tweaks/updates and wrapped in an installer. the installer automagically installs the win 8/10 pluginfix and the DPI fix

edit: minor update v2 added hitsounds and better repkit icon

[size=+2]DOWNLOAD HERE retro_141_installerv2.exe[/size]

retro_141.png

retro_installer.png

[size=+2]ChangeLog:[/size]
here is a probably incomplete list of changes from the stock 1.40 build:

-1.41 .exe
-all console errors on startup fixed
-fullscreen fix (stock leak had windowed mode hardcoded in console.cs)
-refresh servers on startup fix
-current masters individually set in network. current is bugs_
-sp1
-fov 110
-most maps including oc3
-modified remoteep (center/bottom prints at any resolution, old one used fixed res vars)
-autokit (storks)
-flaggrab popup (storks)
-auto pluginloader
-LoDFix.dll
-nogreenlines.dll
-netset.dll
-better netsetchange script (shows whether netset is really loaded)
-netsettings are old 1.11 default (saved in /config/core/netset.cs)
-clientside explosions off
-wider demos screen
-bigger 'host game' map selection menu

[size=+2]v2:[/size]
-added hit.ogg for servers that support hitsounds
-updated itemhud with a more obvious repkit icon and grenades dots(old one just showed a yellow dot for repkit and thats it?)

[size=+2]installer (nsis) info:[/size]
-installs start menu/desktop shortcuts, add/remove programs, uninstaller that wipes folder
-by default installs LT position tutorial demos
-installs win8/10 pluginfix
-installs the DPI fix
-first startup defaults to windowed mode. set your resolution and go to fullscreen on first startup!

[size=+2]gruvs notes:[/size]
i dont have much free time lately so this is mostly untested but i don't know what could go wrong. i kept meaning to get around to adding an option for better skies, if anyone wants to make up a pack of skies that would be great. any and all feedback is appreciated and if i have time i will make an updated version with whatever people like

as with all my configs, it's meant to be a base in which you add your own preferences to - no pre-made config is going to be perfect for everyone and the intention is that you customize it further to your liking

[size=+2]Thanks[/size]
big thanks to Lyon, opsayo, stork and damaster for help with suggestions, scripts and testing

[size=+2]also butts[/size]

Last edited:
bump minor update v2

added the hit.ogg hitsound (some servers support hitsounds!). it's a little thing but if you dont have it and other ppl do that's not cool

and changed the itemhud to have a better repkit icon and show grenade dots

idk why but i guess the itemhud only showed whether u had a repkit and used the same dot that the reticle used which was kinda confusing

retro_141_v2.png

Back