Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page RIOT!!!!
Page 222 of 224
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4421 - 09-27-2020, 02:52
Just saw the damnedest thing on a Portland Stream. Police were starting to push. One of the streamers talked to a "medic". She said "I lost a contact! I can't see!"
So, the guy asked her "Where?". he goes to the area which has 20 - 3o people. he says "Everyone! I need you to stop. Look for a contact right here. A contact lens. It will have an 'L' on it". It is very dark.

At this point, I was laughing my ass off at how funny Portland is.

Crowd stops. Whips out phones with flashlights. 15 - 20 people people kneel down and all of a sudden someone says "Here it is!" It was on the sidewalk.

So, they rescue the contact. People advise against using it. Cleaner is produced. It's washed. She pops it in. Off they go. Neither the streamer or the contact loser think anything of it.

In that one moment, they hit upon what humans can do when they work together. Crazy.

Sponsored Links
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4422 - 09-27-2020, 02:59
Also - Now that the Feds deputized Portland police - they can do their job better. Nice to see.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4423 - 09-27-2020, 03:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Also - Now that the Feds deputized Portland police - they can do their job better. Nice to see.
It's a shame this was the only way they could get any charges to stick.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4424 - 09-27-2020, 03:12
It is. Kate/Ted have made the situation so much worse. I can't even estimate how much damage economically this has caused. If they would have put the hammer down on the violent type stuff at the start, none of this would be going on. Let people talk in the parks. Let people say their bit. But, you can't let the city center be dominated by asshats.

Vegas had it right. "Off the street"
"NO!"
"Ok - go to jail. Bam"

Also - people keep saying "Why are the police just moving us in circles? This is so dumb!"
They apparently have no understanding of dispersal and de-escalation tactics. It's not even worth explaining that as long as the police have control, they are doing their job. Mind numbing.

Last edited by Brasstax; 09-27-2020 at 03:17..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4425 - 09-27-2020, 03:34
People in PDX screaming "HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE BE EMPLOYED TO PROTECT US!?!?"
https://twitter.com/GriffinMalone6/s...16190195347456

Simple. They ARE trying to protect us. The peaceful people who want their city back.
The people downtown not complying are idiots. I think they have forgotten that they are not supposed to be down there. And, when the police say "move!" It's not at your pace. It should be at least double-time. They are straggling. They walk like a zombie.

And all the people calling themselves "Media" - yeah sure.

Hey - asshats - if you really want to help - don't go downtown. Don't call yourselves "media" when the majority of you are simply "protesters".

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4426 - 09-27-2020, 03:45
Break in the "action" in PDX. Some big black kid like Fat Albert wearing a Pippen jersey across from the SWAT team. Cops one side - protestors the other.

Big guy is just dancing at the cops. Even threw in some twerking. Not talking. Just dancing at the cops.

A white, blonde swat chick walks across the street and hands him her "number". Basically, a business card sticker from her unit. Tells him he has sweet moves. Goes back across the street.

There is a laugh. Kid is proud of his card. I guess the stickers are collected by people as a memento. They are prized among some of the protestors. Like a guilty pleasure.

White Folks in the peanut gallery are saying "How can you beat people.
Laugh with them and go back to beating them? I hate this!"

Another sign of the complete misunderstanding of how LE works. When people are complying and following the law, there is no need for LE. LE are for the most part just regular people with the same needs and desires.

I thought this was a cool little scenario that shows how close we are and yet so far divided in understanding.

Last edited by Brasstax; 09-27-2020 at 03:52..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
4427 - 09-27-2020, 15:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
It's a shame this was the only way they could get any charges to stick.
they were able to get those shields and paintball guns away from proud boys yesterday

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...93049192235008

thank god

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
4428 - 09-27-2020, 15:30
meanwhile antifa luckily still got their stockpile of condoms filled with piss and ****

https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/s...20454854189057

what wonderful people

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4429 - 09-28-2020, 23:13
Looks like a hostage thing. Will have to wait to see if this sparks any ****. Depends on the race of the people involved.

Officer involved shooting after Salem standoff, police say | kgw.com

Quote:

SALEM, Ore. — What was initially reported as a hostage situation in Salem on Monday afternoon ended with "multiple fatalities," according to the Marion County Sheriff's Office (MCSO).

The sheriff's office referred to the incident as an "officer-involved shooting," as deputies were on scene when shots were fired. But it was not immediately clear who fired those shots. No deputies were injured.

Deputies were first called to the 200 block of Juneva Place Southeast at about 12:30 p.m. As they arrived at the scene, a member of the MCSO hostage negotiation team placed a call to the suspect, the sheriff's office reported.

"As the incident unfolded, shots were fired," according to an MCSO statement. "Ultimately, there were multiple fatalities during this incident, including that of the suspect."

Further details, including how many people died, were not released. The sheriff's office reported there was no danger to the public.

Oregon State Police were called to the scene to investigate the shooting. Any deputies involved will be placed on administrative leave throughout the investigation.

Last edited by Brasstax; 09-28-2020 at 23:25..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4430 - 09-29-2020, 00:23
Quote:
The New York Times and NPR covered the same story on Sunday when a liberal activist was caught on video plowing a car through a group of Trump supporters, but the liberal newspaper omitted a key detail that NPR and other outlets managed to divulge.

Tatiana Turner was charged with attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon after she allegedly tried to plow through a group of pro-Trump demonstrators.

“A prolonged confrontation between Black Lives Matter and pro-Trump demonstrators outside Los Angeles turned violent Saturday, as someone drove a car through the pro-Trump group. The driver has been charged with attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon,” NPR’s Matthews Schwartz wrote.

“Police say the driver in Saturday's incident was a member of the so-called ‘Caravan for Justice,’ which organized the Black Lives Matter protest.”
https://www.foxnews.com/media/car-tr...rters-ny-times

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4431 - 09-29-2020, 00:32
I don't want to look it up. Were Trump supporters blocking the street?

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
4432 - 09-29-2020, 00:33
Roger, wilco... what's your vector victor? Over

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4433 - 09-29-2020, 00:39
Looks like they were counter protestors to the BLM and were in a parking lot...
Lazy ****ers
https://twitter.com/desertborder/sta...90341076893696

Might have had some Proud Boys obstructing traffic.

Play stupid games....

The Proud Boys have some real assholes. Just like any group.

consultant
VeteranXX
Old
4434 - 10-01-2020, 10:02
City strikes again!

This place is crazy!!

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4435 - 10-01-2020, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultant View Post
City strikes again!

This place is crazy!!
The local cab companies have the city council in their back pocket.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4436 - 10-01-2020, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
The local cab companies have the city council in their back pocket.
u might b joking but that literally happened here

uber tried to move in but the taxi drivers' union is massive w deep ties to all the other service industry unions so they literally told the govt "either u block this ridesharing bull**** or we strike and we take the other service industries w us"

and just like that, ridesharing services became illegal almost instantly and all the ubereats delivery ppl r paid normal wages ala a regular delivery service

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
4437 - 10-01-2020, 12:00
Funny how a job that is entirely voluntary, desinged for people to be their own boss, where the pay is known upfront, people work on their own schedule... needs to be forced to pay minimum wage.

Uber driver isn't a career. It's a job for people with time to spare who need a little extra cash. If it doesn't pay enough to support your needs, find a job that does.

Mandatory minimum wages for jobs like this, destroys jobs and creates unemployment.

Last edited by Hellsfury; 10-01-2020 at 12:02..
Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4438 - 10-01-2020, 12:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
u might b joking but that literally happened here

uber tried to move in but the taxi drivers' union is massive w deep ties to all the other service industry unions so they literally told the govt "either u block this ridesharing bull**** or we strike and we take the other service industries w us"

and just like that, ridesharing services became illegal almost instantly and all the ubereats delivery ppl r paid normal wages ala a regular delivery service
I am not joking. It is literally the truth. The local taxi cab companies are licensed through the city, and the city determines what taxi companies get those licenses. It is tightly controlled so that no one can compete, as all of the taxi companies are owned by the Sikh community. That is why Seattle has such a hard-on for Uber and Lyft.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4439 - 10-01-2020, 12:52
Needs its own thread.
But taxi companies/drivers pay huge licence fees yes? It's a regulated industry and it's good to have it's coordination, security,,, at airports around the city...

Democratic Capitalism does not mean unbridled Capitalism

I'm not going on and on... We are in a transition period,
but I'd hate to see the cab industry destroyed by unregulated 'ubers'... when you don't see taxis anymore, expect 'ubers' to raise rates...

Maybe ubers should pay the same licence fees? or get rid of licence fees.... I don't know the arguments really..

But I do feel for both sides. It is pretty contentious right now in Mazatlan.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4440 - 10-01-2020, 13:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
Needs its own thread.
But taxi companies/drivers pay huge licence fees yes? It's a regulated industry and it's good to have it's coordination, security,,, at airports around the city...

Democratic Capitalism does not mean unbridled Capitalism

I'm not going on and on... We are in a transition period,
but I'd hate to see the cab industry destroyed by unregulated 'ubers'... when you don't see taxis anymore, expect 'ubers' to raise rates...

Maybe ubers should pay the same licence fees? or get rid of licence fees.... I don't know the arguments really..

But I do feel for both sides. It is pretty contentious right now in Mazatlan.
The licensing of taxi services is all well and good, if it wasn't abused to create a monopoly and money making scheme for the city.

And the same arguments can be made about rate hikes with the cabs. All of the companies have the same rates, and conspire to keep the rates the same across the city. No one company will undercut the competition. As I said, they are all owned by the Sikhs.

And just what "regulations" do Uber drivers need that isn't provided via the company and app? You could even make the case it's more regulated since both driver and passenger have reputation scores to maintain.

Don't think for the minute that the moves by the city of seattle (and NY) are looking out for the interests of Uber and Lyft. Anything they do is to drive them out of the city to protect the monopoly of the cabs.

Page 222 of 224

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page RIOT!!!!

Social Website Bullshit