print screen problem

Xml V2.0

Veteran XV
Any time i take a screenshot i get this crap. Nothing unusual in my tribe settings. What;s the problem?
2jg6n37.png

there was a longstanding screenshot issue with scriptGL that hunden couldn't replicate so he made a version of it w/o the screenshot BMP to PNG conversion

try it out and see if that's the issue

(the only difference between this and normal scriptGL 0.0.20 is the removal of the screenshot replacement, so screenshots will go back to .BMP format)

ScriptGL.0.0.21.dllonly.zip

Unfortunately nothing. Tried printer alignment and the .dll. I'm not running script.gl but thought i'd try anyways.

Edit: Ok apparently it has something to do with my config. I tried a different config and no issue. It may be a script or plugin, so now i just need to find the problem.

Thanks for the help. :)

maybe just try replacing the .exe with a known good one?

afaik there isn't really scripting associated with screenshot its just sending screenshot(MainWindow); to console

Not exactly sure what the problem was. I added another config to windows C: and that worked, used another tribes.exe. Then added my base and config folder. So something in my config was causing the problem.
iSHPR94.jpg

actually yeah, i did that with my alien terrain because those dark patches of moss or w.e make it hard to spot campers. I don't think lush really needs it, but hey whatever floats your tumble weed. Could you post the dirt tile used in that config? I want to replace my alienDML with that pattern.

thanks. They look really good. Loads faster too. any need to compress 128x128 terrain textures? will the load time be significantly different?

These are storks terrains. I sized them down to 128X128.

Dirt

just a small tip for future conversions- change the format to indexed color from RGB and file sizes will decrease w/o any loss of quality

in the case of those ones you posted, converting them from RGB to Indexed gives approx a 16% decrease in filesize. i know its not huge, but its pretty trivial to convert them or run 'em thru PngGauntlet before u .zip 'em up

Back