The Official "EVE is down Thursday" Thread

Shadow13 said:
6 days on evasive for my caldari alt to be in a crow, and 8 days left on evasive for my amarr. I am beginning to really hate my amarr character and trying to decide if I want to sell him and train up the gallente hauler who at least has his learning done, or keep the amarr and go hacs.
I love my amarr char

she trains shit so much faster than my gal

started her when my gal char was at 3.2mil SP

She's less than 2 mil behind now

fucking high charisma :(

Amarr char training for minmtar ships. oh yeah.

Vlasic said:
I love my amarr char

she trains shit so much faster than my gal

started her when my gal char was at 3.2mil SP

She's less than 2 mil behind now

fucking high charisma :(

Amarr char training for minmtar ships. oh yeah.
Isn't that like serving a fine wine with a hamburger? :shock:

They're having delays. They say the servers should be back up by 2300, which (afaik) translates to 3pm pdt, or 6pm edt.

I've only ever made 1 character, Gillie. He's a minmatar who started with 12/7/7/7/7 (int/per/cha/wil/mem), and now he's at 22/17/12/17/17. all learning skills at 5, all advanced at 4 except charisma. 6.6 mil skill points.

ViRGE said:
Oh, and Mr. Murphy visited CCP this morning, the startup time is now 7pm.

How come I'm not surprised at all.......

My guess is they were practicing migration and found problems..that's why they pushed the date back by one day...

Let's hope it'll be back by 23:00 GMT (I think 3PM PST or 4PM PDT...I'm not sure)

Chikaze said:
wow...my post was just completely ignored.

I wonder if blitz has me on ignore...still...

nope

our posts are like 3 min apart. I saw virge's post..hit quote and reply...got distracted, came back, finished it so...

Don't quote me on this entirely, but ...

Last of the IBM 64 Bit hardware/server architecture installs I believe. It was on the in game news/update stuff. Something like they'll have 64 gigs of ram and a lot of dual core xeon processors, etc.

They're upgrading the servers again, more 64-bit blades. I think this means the entire main cluster is on 64-bit.

Oveur's calling it "Uberware," which replaces "Yarrware."

It was in the player news center (which you can't access right now, because of the upgrades).

I know...pisses me off that ALL of the info is in the same cluster. Can't do anything, even compare skill specs.

(there's a page under 'my character' that displays all of the character's skills and how many skill points are in each. It's webpage, so you can just copy it and paste it elsewhere, and they also provide a downloadable XML copy too.)

LoH said:
They're upgrading the servers again, more 64-bit blades. I think this means the entire main cluster is on 64-bit.

Oveur's calling it "Uberware," which replaces "Yarrware."

It was in the player news center (which you can't access right now, because of the upgrades).

I thought I read that this was the database backend upgrade plus remaining nodes. The other upgrade was the actual servers upgrades that they didnt finish all of?

not sure though because I caught half the post in passing while I was running to the pisser.

ViRGE said:
The hamburger is not deserving of the wine.

Watch foodnetwork's good eats. Elton Brown will shwo you a good way to make a hamburger...

When you pair up that home made yummy burger with a le cheapo wine from your local grocer...I would argue your wine doesn't deserve your burger :D

but anyways....drinking wine with hamburger???? That doesn't seem to go together for some reason...

Oh, this is golden...

I just checked the server..it's been delayed by another 6 hours.....

So assume murphy doesn't come and visit CCP again (anyone wanna bet ISK that it will??) Eve will be down for about 20 hours....

I now really wished I had put on a long training skill....argh! should've gone for eidedic memory 5....

Isn't this just fucking wonderful. I had completely ignored the fact they were doing this shit today and both chars training have been down since noon. The fact that they turn off the web server and the forums every time they do any upgrades just makes it even worse. CCP can kiss my ass.

Back