If you need a decent ship set-up request it here.

I can help give any ship in the game a traditional and effective combat, travel or mining set-up upon request...

keep in mind these set-ups are combat tested and showed to really work for the ship you have in question... for instance its generally a bad idea to put lasers on a minmatar ship etc etc etc.

kind of a general ship question: is it worth getting a BC? i already have my cruiser skill more than half way to 4, and i have the BS skill sitting at bay.

OK, try this on for size.

Vexor>Gallente Cruiser

And, as a bonus:

What Gallente ship is best suited for standing way the fuck back, overseeing the battlefield, tossing in some ECM, has some big guns for long-range support, and can provide passable close-range protection for itself? I'm not above assigning a turret or two for point-defense, so long as I have some big long range hammers to hit things with.

None of the Gallente ships are really designed to be long range snipers. A megathron sniper is decent, but pales in comparison to a raven, tempest, or geddon. Dominix is probably the closest Gallente ship you can get for what you're looking for. Toss on some long range hybrids, use medium slots for EW, armor tank yourself in the lows, and just use the drone cloud as a close range defense.

But if you're really looking for an balls-out long range sniper, train for an armageddon or tempest.

I should clarify... not long range sniping, long range support. I'm not looking for 100KM range, more like something in the 30-50km range so I can 'reach in' during a fleet battle and pound on something without having to get too close.

Think mortar instead of laser rifle.

Edit: Hm, dominix does look fairly decent for what I want. Must research a bit more.

Last edited:
Cyclone for gate camping as a close range set-up is as follows.

5x 425mm Autocanons with Fusion ammo
1x AB 1x Webber 1x Scrambler 1x tracking computer
1 med armor rep unit 2 cap relays 2 gyrostabalizer units

that is a clone range Cyclone setup ideal for gate camps...

Phalanx.1 said:
kind of a general ship question: is it worth getting a BC? i already have my cruiser skill more than half way to 4, and i have the BS skill sitting at bay.

BCs are good for leading fleets because of their special modules only BCs can use... they are fleet directors these days...

however BCs are still decent combat ships.

the Vexor or thorax with rails can do that semi decently...

both are best suited for close range combat...

however if you want to bring a cheap but OK ship to a fight try a Celestis with EW or rails.

I've been farming all the time in EVE, and in 20 hours Ill have the skills for the classic Osprey with 3*Miner II's so money should be coming in pretty fast. I have 10 million right now (already bought all equip for osprey, and the ship itself) and I'm looking to go into comat.
I see the Moa is a nice long-ranger, and I'm thinking of getting that, so basicly I'm looking for any setup on a Moa that is tried and tested, and proved to be good.
I'm gonna be making my own setup as well though, before I buy anything, because it's half the fun

i found that heavy missile launchers not only do more dmg then 250mm rails they also have HUGE range in comparison to them

thats why i think ill get a caracel over a moa

I'm going to have my Caracal in a few days and am concentrating on making it a missle boat and all combat ships after that as missle boats.

Really the only question I have is this...can the Comroant be used as an effective miner? I'm going to need some big money and I figured I could convert that to mining and use my Badger as a hauler?

Edit-Guess I have another question, besides training missles up, what else is important on missle boats? What other skills and tech should I be concentrating on?

After some digging, Spin, it looks like the Dominix is exactly the ship I had in mind. Dunno how exactly I'm gonna set it up due to its sheer versatility, but wow, there's definitely a bunch of neat toys I can bolt to that frame.

Ambush_Bug[DTM] said:
After some digging, Spin, it looks like the Dominix is exactly the ship I had in mind. Dunno how exactly I'm gonna set it up due to its sheer versatility, but wow, there's definitely a bunch of neat toys I can bolt to that frame.

keep in mind the Dominix is the only ship besides a Dreadnought that can truly field 20 heavy drones at once... it also a supreme NPC killing ship in that it can hold alot of extra drones... and that the Domi can have all the targets engage it and while tanking the damage send its horde of heavy drones to do the real fighting without worry of them being shot up by the NPCs...

if you were to NPC in on i suggest fitting only a few 425mm Rails or blasters and use the rest of the CPU and PG for tanking it.

K-Rex said:
I'm going to have my Caracal in a few days and am concentrating on making it a missle boat and all combat ships after that as missle boats.

Really the only question I have is this...can the Comroant be used as an effective miner? I'm going to need some big money and I figured I could convert that to mining and use my Badger as a hauler?

Edit-Guess I have another question, besides training missles up, what else is important on missle boats? What other skills and tech should I be concentrating on?

I suggest using a Thorax or Maller for mining imho... they are the best mining cruisers in the game tho a comorant can do a passable job....

you want to train up skills for engineering electronics so that you can raise your PG and CPU to the max possible, you also want some skills needed for good shield tanking... after that you are golden and may want to train up for elite tech 2 gear.

edit- an Osprey can make passable mining too...

but keep in mind barges, Mallers and Apocs make mining alot faster.

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
I suggest using a Thorax or Maller for mining imho... they are the best mining cruisers in the game tho a comorant can do a passable job....

you want to train up skills for engineering electronics so that you can raise your PG and CPU to the max possible, you also want some skills needed for good shield tanking... after that you are golden and may want to train up for elite tech 2 gear.

edit- an Osprey can make passable mining too...

but keep in mind barges, Mallers and Apocs make mining alot faster.
Thanks. I'll use the cormorant because it should work for now. Hell, I'm still trying to stay above 10million ISK right now so a dedicated mining barge is a little far out for now :p:

ATM I've got engineering up to 4 and electronics up to 3. I'll continue bringing those up and hopefully be able to top them to five after that. I'll probably get all my learns up to lvl 4 first and just work with what I've got for a bit.

Thanks again.

I have a thorax with 5 150mm railguns, 10nm burner, med shield booster, a hull repair thingy, and some power grid boosters

what heavier guns should I train for if I want to make quick work of things in the 15-30km range?

Sp!nfusor Salad said:
keep in mind the Dominix is the only ship besides a Dreadnought that can truly field 20 heavy drones at once... it also a supreme NPC killing ship in that it can hold alot of extra drones... and that the Domi can have all the targets engage it and while tanking the damage send its horde of heavy drones to do the real fighting without worry of them being shot up by the NPCs...

if you were to NPC in on i suggest fitting only a few 425mm Rails or blasters and use the rest of the CPU and PG for tanking it.

That's the plan, all righty. Still working on a fleet-ops support loadout... mainly because I need to see a few more of our fleet ops before I figure out what to bring. :)

Back