Old
21 - 03-25-2018, 01:43
Good job, Infernus!

Sponsored Links
Denver
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 04-19-2018, 04:48
Did you guys check this dude out and decided to start?
Vegan Strongman Eats ONE MEAL A DAY ! - YouTube

Cause you know, Stargate!

Glare
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
23 - 05-04-2018, 08:25
nice job rayn! that's incredible progress

i started doin the easy version of IF in february (16:8) to maintain fitness (and not get too fat) while various running injuries heal. i have run like 10 miles total since june of last year...i was running 10+ miles a week before that. since i'm not burning an extra 4-6K calories a month i needed to do something different.

so far so good. i'm not gaining weight even though i havent replaced the 40ish miles of monthly cardio that i was doing beforehand. i still lift regularly (working out while fasting is HARD). some days im not even really hungry and other days i cant wait until the window opens.

if i want to lose weight i think i might need to do 5:2 though. feel free to pass on the tips/advice bros

Livingdeath
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 05-07-2018, 07:50
I was researching weight loss for a friend who really struggles (he lost a 100lbs from 300-200lbs about 5 years ago, but he's basically put it all back).

I personally never need to do any of these weird diets b/c I only ever fluctuate from 195 - 185 lbs, so I don't really understand what its like, but I don't want him to do what he did last time where it seemed like he lost a lot of muscle and did the yoyo diet spiel.

So question... Do we know anything about the optimal diets for that sort of mass range, where you don't lose as much muscle (assuming a usual 3 time a week strength training regiment).

I keep reading contradictory things about fasting. Normally people are like 'you go into starvation mode bro and you burn all your muscle', but then there seems to be empirical counterexamples to that. I can't seem to find anything reliable on the IMF thing either.

Normal diet advice is to calorie restrict (stay like -500 calories from maintenance), cut out sugar/sodium/processed crap and try to stay balanced with the macronutrients (go a little heavy on protein for the strength training part).

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 05-20-2018, 18:39
yeah it's called tren diet

get valium, 2 fans for your bedroom and enjoy washing your sheets every day from sweating profusely at night

enjoy ur new found abs

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 07-12-2018, 12:28
-500kcal from maintenance. Get enough protein. Work out with weights min. 3 times per week.
Do this for however long needed until you are at desired bodyfat.

If you dont lift and just do running for example youll lose weight faster but youll end up like a skinny *****.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 07-16-2018, 03:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post

If you dont lift and just do running for example youll lose weight faster but youll end up like a skinny *****.
can confirm lol

did HIIT cardio with fasting for a stretch (no lifting) and watched my weight drop, quite literally, between 2-9 lbs a day. you get super skinny but if you're a fatty just trying to get to a decent BMI it might be a good strategy

also thank god for melatonin to knock me out and sleep the hunger away those first few weeks i did it

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 07-17-2018, 08:56
you all doubt me

find a hill

40-50 yards, almost crawl steep at the very top. 5 reps a day and add 1 per week. alternate long stride/high knees each rep. use cleats, dont use cross trainers no matter how dry it is.

when you can't do any more. walk 2-3 miles. not jog, walk.

if u look skinnyfat like falhawk ill eat crow

bam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
29 - 08-30-2018, 16:58
Lost my job, ate and drank non-stop for a month straight, and got up to 200lbs. Two weeks ago started IF (5/2 style) plus HIIT cardio 3x a week and strength training 3x a week. I'm already down 10 lbs and the fat is melting away.

Semantik
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
30 - 09-03-2018, 17:48
Just started trying to get my fat ass back in shape. Im at 238 right now, 6'1, and 45.

I started swimming at the gym almost every day-I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder and my doc has advised no bench presses etc until it heals-also ride a bike for about 10 miles a day (minus weekends).
A friend gave me some of the KETO OS from Pruvit to drink...I like the taste, so I have been drinking this plus plenty of water daily. I have all but cut out alcohol and sodas. A big help for me is the wife is also dieting, so there is no pressure for me to fail. We bounce ideas off of each other, and she likes the pool activities.
I hear this keto diet will help get my cholesterol and **** in check too. I am hoping. I was not a diabetic candidate at my last physical. But damn, I gotta get my **** together.

I wasn't aware of it, but I had been intermittent fasting most of my life, since I only eat one meal a day generally, and its usually not a very big meal. I was advised to watch this however, as my doctor said it can lead to a fatty liver. Anyone else hear this?

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > TW Fitness
Reload this Page intermittent fasting

Social Website Bullshit