Hey you nerds who know about keto / fasting by Amadeus - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hey you nerds who know about keto / fasting
Page 3 of 4
Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
41 - 01-17-2021, 11:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Most of us are happy here. You and fat **** should leave.
yet you guys cry about ppl who are no longer here. Lol why would i leave? triggering you dudes is ez and hilarious

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 01-17-2021, 11:52
You're massively overcomplicating a simple process. Most keto people do this. Most fad diet people do this. It's untenable. And I'm saying this as someone who went deep into nutrition and ketosis and fasting over the last 10-15 years.

If you want to lose weight without a fuss, and maintain that weight loss and live a healthy life, you do not need to do it via ketosis. Take simple steps: stop buying and eating highly processed foods. Don't drink your calories. Avoid sugar and hfcs at all costs. Eat vegetables and increase your protein intake. Avoid fast food, avoid grazing and snacking as much as possible. Most of these steps also have the effect of reducing ghrelin and improving its signalling for satiety.

Don't get pigeon-holed into thinking keto is a miracle cure. It works and has some specific benefits especially for very obese or hyperinsulinemic people, but if you're not that, then I'd argue there are healthier and easier paths for sustained weight loss.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
43 - 01-17-2021, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
You're massively overcomplicating a simple process. Most keto people do this. Most fad diet people do this. It's untenable. And I'm saying this as someone who went deep into nutrition and ketosis and fasting over the last 10-15 years.

If you want to lose weight without a fuss, and maintain that weight loss and live a healthy life, you do not need to do it via ketosis. Take simple steps: stop buying and eating highly processed foods. Don't drink your calories. Avoid sugar and hfcs at all costs. Eat vegetables and increase your protein intake. Avoid fast food, avoid grazing and snacking as much as possible. Most of these steps also have the effect of reducing ghrelin and improving its signalling for satiety.

Don't get pigeon-holed into thinking keto is a miracle cure. It works and has some specific benefits especially for very obese or hyperinsulinemic people, but if you're not that, then I'd argue there are healthier and easier paths for sustained weight loss.
jfc what a soy boy

12 rules to life are all eat only meat like dr peterson

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
44 - 01-17-2021, 15:08
100% awkward posts

gg

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
45 - 01-17-2021, 15:09
im based and peterpilled

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 01-17-2021, 15:12
awkward cringe

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 01-17-2021, 15:17
Amadeus, nobody answered your question because it***8217;s not sensible. Your metabolism, the amount of liver glycogen, and other factors will play a role in how long it takes to enter ketosis.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 01-17-2021, 15:21
well good ****ing thing then that i outlined a specific scenario, huh

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 01-17-2021, 15:24
You got an answer. You're not getting into ketosis from a 10-12 hour fast. That's ridiculous.

How many calories it takes to effectively signal your body out of a fasted state is completely dependent on the individual's variables. You're fat. You wanna lose some fat. Eat less, move more.

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 01-17-2021, 15:24
How much liver glycogen do you have? What***8217;s your metabolism like? You could stop eating and go full starvation and not hit ketosis for more than a day if you have excess liver glycogen and a slow metabolism.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 01-17-2021, 16:35
it takes anywhere from 3-5 days to hit ketosis. Thats why people who take weekend cheat days every weekend are stupid. When you do that, if you're lucky you'll get maybe 1 day of ketosis

and stay away from ketone additives. they are pointless

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 01-17-2021, 16:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
it takes anywhere from 3-5 days to hit ketosis. Thats why people who take weekend cheat days every weekend are stupid. When you do that, if you're lucky you'll get maybe 1 day of ketosis

and stay away from ketone additives. they are pointless
I am not surprised that someone sells those.

Are they called "**** Breath"?

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 01-17-2021, 16:55
No they are actual ketones. But the idea is 'if you drink this, you'll go into ketosis'...well the way most people tell if they are in ketosis is with ketone sticks you pee on.

So you just drank a big glass of ketones.....and now you're pissing ketones...but not because you're in actual ketosis

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 01-17-2021, 17:06
I am not an expert but it's my understanding that ketones are a byproduct of the body breaking fat/muscle down for carbs/sugars. Not a great thing but it does cause weight loss.

I think putting the ketones in your system directly would be roughly the equivalent of eating your own **** or drinking urine.

Ketones are also notorious for giving people bad breath since that is another area that the body does away with them.

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
55 - 01-17-2021, 17:40
i love how when someone makes a thread to ask a question people who have no idea what they are talking about suddenly start theorizing all this **** like scientists and **** while spouting whatever their opinion is while also stating how they dont know something.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
56 - 01-17-2021, 18:47
You love it in what way? Like a form of comms voyeurism? Do you get sexual pleasure while watching others have a discussion? That's a new one. I understand it though. I used to love listening to adults speak when I was a kid. Never got a boner from it, though. Or fapped in a closet while listening and wearing a Spiderman suit or anything like that.

Kiint
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 01-17-2021, 18:57
Ingesting ketones will do nothing for you as long as your body has a viable source of fuel (fat/glycogen/etc). It's ****ing stupidity, but people buy that ****, so people sell it for the gullible.

Reduce you calorie intake, reduce your carb intake, give it a week and you'll be in ketosis. Simple.

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
58 - 01-17-2021, 21:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
You love it in what way? Like a form of comms voyeurism? Do you get sexual pleasure while watching others have a discussion? That's a new one. I understand it though. I used to love listening to adults speak when I was a kid. Never got a boner from it, though. Or fapped in a closet while listening and wearing a Spiderman suit or anything like that.
yes

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 01-17-2021, 21:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
I am not an expert but it's my understanding that ketones are a byproduct of the body breaking fat/muscle down for carbs/sugars. Not a great thing but it does cause weight loss.

I think putting the ketones in your system directly would be roughly the equivalent of eating your own **** or drinking urine.

Ketones are also notorious for giving people bad breath since that is another area that the body does away with them.
Yeah more or less. Really what they're doing is bull****ting you. When you reach 'ketosis' your body starts dumping ketones to urine. Well, if you drink ketones, it will dump them to urine too. So yeah, your pee stick says you're in ketosis...but not really

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 01-18-2021, 14:31
Siince NGFM is not here.
I'll recommend MGJ!

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hey you nerds who know about keto / fasting

Social Website Bullshit