Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch
Page 169 of 223
[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
3361 - 11-06-2016, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
I like that in overwatch the only unlocking is for cosmetic items and I like being able to change characters on the fly. When I messed around in LoL a bit I didn't like being locked into using one character for a full length of a match, and that I had to unlock characters.

I don't want the time sink of a game like that to be just unlocking characters.
That was one of the reasons I couldn't get into Heroes of the Storm. Short of me just not liking MOBA style games. Getting hard-locked into a specific hero just doesn't cut it for me on a game that can go from 0-100 in the frustration meter once I realize I'm not going to compete with my opponents on their terms.

Also, grinding out a hero just to unlock some of the other heroes only to not like them, or being forced to buy them just seemed... Well, ****ty. A hero that's conceptually fun to play might be dog**** to play and I might not know it until it's too late, or maybe the meta's shifted so hard or other nerfs/buffs of some of the other heroes made the hero I wanted to get less well-adjusted to what the game was currently encouraging players to do.

Also, after the Lucio Ball play mode that came and went for the Summer Games, Blizzard learned that players really wanted to be offered an option to purchase the new player skins and models with the gold they've acquired. Not everyone had the kind of money needed to throw $30-$50 out every time a new event came out in hopes of getting that coveted skin that they wanted. So Blizzard did this by making the skins purchasable, but with a double than normal gold price.

Thought it was a great compromise that resonated well with the player base, and met them half way.

Sponsored Links
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3362 - 11-06-2016, 23:11
was triple the price... i grinded the **** out of halloween lol. ended up getting everything and only having to buy mercy + few epics

hopefully im not too far behind on cash moneyz for next event... probably xmas or watev

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
3363 - 11-06-2016, 23:32
Hash, that is all well and good but I'll believe when i see it. Community tools and making it simpler to stick with people you play well with imo is key.

Im a solo queue upper platinum player and im ok with that. However the feast/famine where I'm at is absurd. One game ill walk to an easy win the very next game i get destroyed... im the same player in both games yet i get drastically different outcomes.

Sure there are a wide array of reasons for this and sometimes it may be me, ill own that, but the huge swings in outcome game to game are extremely frustrating.

I can handle well fought close losses. Hell i can enjoy close losses a great deal. The seesaw though sucks and they need to improve that.

Also i dont buy their bs on wow style queue. Allow people to select their 2 favs and 2 alts they play well. Id be fine with that. Or select their best of each type and make a team that way.

Idk it is just massively frustrating. Although with quick play adopting comp ruleset there is a tilt release valve at least. Like if im sucking in rocket league i can queue into casual and relax. Troll mode quick play made me rage worse than a **** streak in comp. That will help a lot i think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3364 - 11-07-2016, 01:19
i dont think prepicking your fav role/hero is possible in a game where u can repick in middle of the game.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
3365 - 11-07-2016, 01:25
the point would be that you would only be able to repick from that champion pool

you doofus

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3366 - 11-07-2016, 02:07
oh well thatd be gay... i wanna pick anything whenever... xcept maybe heros that take skill like genji and tracer

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3367 - 11-07-2016, 11:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
the point would be that you would only be able to repick from that champion pool

you doofus
That's dumb. You need the whole pool to properly counter.

Maybe use an algorithm to pair people based on hours played in each role but even then you're defining a 'meta' that may not be correct

When am I going to ever pick symmetra as one of my roles when I may get a king of the hill map

What if a pharah is pushing our **** in and I only have junkrat

Limits the game, no thx

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3368 - 11-07-2016, 13:51
same chance of each team having people that only play certain roles

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3369 - 11-07-2016, 14:00
how about dem lucio only mains bois!

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3370 - 11-07-2016, 14:02
there are a laughable amount of "x only mains" the worst of all being mercy.

at least the genji mains understand attacking. get a "mercy main" on your team and they are completely useless

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3371 - 11-07-2016, 14:05
i respect the genji mains... frustrating as **** to play against. forces me into playin winston or mei

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3372 - 11-07-2016, 14:07
some ya i've seen 100+ "i only play genji because im a ninja obsessed neckbeard weeb" that are outrageously bad

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
3373 - 11-07-2016, 16:56
Sombra is out in PTR

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
3374 - 11-07-2016, 17:17
sweet 700 person queue

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
3375 - 11-07-2016, 17:45
ya, don't even bother to wait in queue, server just times out once you try to join

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
3376 - 11-07-2016, 18:12
did they add the unique hero restriction to QP yet... cuz thats gonna make the sombra cheerleaders rage++

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
3377 - 11-07-2016, 18:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
did they add the unique hero restriction to QP yet... cuz thats gonna make the sombra cheerleaders rage++
Yes, on PTR.

Synth
VeteranXX
Old
3378 - 11-07-2016, 20:14
her gun hits pretty hard, OP

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
3379 - 11-07-2016, 21:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth View Post
her gun hits pretty hard, OP
I found it quite the opposite.

Seems a little weak, but that might be balanced.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3380 - 11-07-2016, 21:39
Finally they are going to restrict players to one class per map. I just can't stand ****ing retards clicking a billion times asking for everyone to pick Hanzo or whatever gimmick build they want everyone to play. I don't know how many times I've had to play against six mccrees, or a bunch of meis.

Not to mention the fact I can tell what character (hanzo) that level 14 noob is gonna pick.

Page 169 of 223

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Release Thread] Overwatch

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
genji is illuminanti , madrebel is stupid , madrebel likes to ramble , taggitfaggit , the genji is coming , they took my son!