[Official] Game of Thrones Season 2

got bored and decided to read the whole novel game of thrones plot on wikipedia. the five six novels or whatever he wrote

started off promising but didn't really like where the plot went. feels like it needs more epic battles.

pp8Pa.png

True dat! :lol:

So I started reading the books a few days ago after watching season 1. I'm just starting on book 3. Does it ever stop just shitting all over the Starks?

They're virtuous, honorable, just, kind, righteous, and you're supposed to root for them, right? I mean, we're supposed to root for the good guys? It's just that this series is just all like "now watch as we take a huge shit on these dudes and fuck them over. Again. And again. And again. And again . . . ahh, now things are starting to take a turn for the better. Our protagonists are going to get their rev... oh, wait, never-mind. We're back to shitting on the good guys some more. Again."

Should I expect more?

Last edited:
So I started reading the books a few days ago after watching season 1. I'm just starting on book 3. Does it ever stop just shitting all over the Starks?

They're virtuous, honorable, just, kind, righteous, and you're supposed to root for them, right? I mean, we're supposed to root for the good guys? It's just that this series is just all like "now watch as we take a huge shit on these dudes and fuck them over. Again. And again. And again. And again . . . ahh, now things are starting to take a turn for the better. Our protagonists are going to get their rev... oh, wait, never-mind. We're back to shitting on the good guys some more. Again."

Should I expect more?
no

If you haven't figured it out by now, the appeal of the novels is that it possesses a certain realism in that the stereotypical 'good' guys and 'bad' guys both take it pretty hard, and its kinda the grey in the middle that seems to be left over.

Its a bit of a play on traditional values.. So eg themes like 'What good is it to be honorable and just, when it leads to the annihilation of your family and countless lives lost'

They're virtuous, honorable, just, kind, righteous, and you're supposed to root for them, right? I mean, we're supposed to root for the good guys?

I don't know, but when I was reading Dragonlance I always rooted for Raistlin. Didn't agree with every decision but hey, his goals were pretty awesome. Fuck that "save the world from tyranny" bullshit.

Back