[PC] Valheim on Steam is a surprise hit

Reggs

Veteran XX
This released early access days ago and has been a surprise hit. It's consistently rated overwhelmingly positive and is in pretty stable shape with lots of content and polish so far. I don't think many people were anticipating it, but it's gotten a lot of attention since release.

You play a viking with nothing and have to build a small camp and go exploring to gather more stuff. This kind of survival exploration is similar to minecraft, it's fun to explore in this game and build your base. You have to defeat different bosses which entails you exploring new areas, building forward bases ect, and once you defeat the boss you get a new power and upgrade what you can unlock as far as tech. The world is procedurally generated. You have skills that improve based on how you play(Run skill improves from running ect).

Screenshots don't do the game justice. They have pixilated PS1 stylized graphics, but all the modern lighting options and good art direction in general. The game looks really great. Wonderful "exploring music" similar to what you'd find in an Elder Scrolls game.

Apparently you can co-op with this game and go on viking adventures. I've been soloing and the game has been fine. Im not sure how the co-op stuff works. I think you can lose items in other servers, I need to read up on it.

Well worth the money now. As time goes on they plan to increase the price. I've played many hours so far and can see myself coming back later on to play.

Valheim on Steam

https://www.valheimgame.com/

valheim-town.jpg

how-to-find-tin-valheim_feature.jpg

the best part is

the game is 1 fucking gb

ill play w any of u nignogs on steam: lgbroftwfame

can i be master race arian man dat throw big hammer at the coniving jew brother while fking princess amidalla?

This was nice morning news. Bought the game immediately. Nice Valentine present for piotrr as well. Thanks for the tip.:)

i just killed the 1st boss and reclaimed an abandoned village for my 1st expansion base

as i was repairing the hut i got smashed by a troll

trolls only spawn after u kill the 1st boss apparently

but u need 1st bosses antlers to make a pickaxe so u can start mining metals so its unavoidable

k well if he decides 2 play w yung lagber ill be sure to film it 4 the inevitable hilarity that will follow like getting randomly chased by a troll while we both yell FUK SHOOT IT NO U SHOOT IT HOLY SHIT

I can't find the location of the 3rd boss. I'm reading that the stone which shows him on my map is in a crypt in the swamp biome, but I don't know where that is either. I'm going to make a better boat for this because it would be a chore if I died out at sea.

I watched piotrr start the game last night. It was a long time since I saw such a fugly character. It was a guy, but Piotrr likes to play as female and we both LOL:ed when all that happened was a bra suddenly materializing when he swapped gender. The char still looked like a guy. :rofl:

Graphics are not so impressive, but neither was 7D2D when it first launched so I hope it will improve with time. The music was nice for 5 minutes or so. I'll turn that off. Will start the game today and see how it feels.

Edit: typo

Back