TribalWar Shirt Drive -- Image Poll

SELECT UP TO 5 OPTIONS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well nothing's stopping data or someone from putting all the other more popular designs on one of those made to order sites. not as much money per shirt will go to TW but it will satisfy more people, and the there will be many additional orders as a result. all this would be in addition to the large run print of the snowblind shirt.

There are already TW and Tribes shirts here https://tribalwar.spreadshirt.com/

This shirt drive is happening so that TW gets to keep all profits instead of paying spreadshirt (or zazzle, cafepress, etc.)

I may do something like that. We'll see.

Snowblind isn't the only one I'm doing, it's just the first.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed if the top 5 in this thread aren't printed

I mean judging by the votes you're looking at a minimum of 50 each, likely closer to 80 or so.

If TW makes $5 a shirt, over 250-400 shirts we're talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$ profit

it's like you didn't read what i wrote or you lack reading comprehension skills

Let me rephrase what I said.

Tribalwar shirts are already on one of those made to order sites.

These made to order sites take a cut from all sales.

The whole purpose of this shirt drive is to avoid an entity such as spreadshirt from taking a cut of the profits. This is why you are seeing the snowblind shirt. Anyone can go and buy that shirt right now, but the profit margin is a joke.

Sure anyone can go toss these on cafepress or zazzle if they wanted, but that sure as hell is something I do not want to see happen to anyone that was designing to help this community.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people will be disappointed if the top 5 in this thread aren't printed

I mean judging by the votes you're looking at a minimum of 50 each, likely closer to 80 or so.

If TW makes $5 a shirt, over 250-400 shirts we're talking $$$$$$$$$$$$$ profit

I think this shirt stuff for designs that did not make the cut could be handled like a group buy, such as Massdrop

Set a goal, such as 200 shirts per design

Get people to join the group buy

Collect payment when person joins the group buy or when the goal is reached.

If someone really wants a specific shirt, such as "TRIEB", they may have to pay more for it because it was not nearly as popular as snowblind.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase what I said.

Tribalwar shirts are already on one of those made to order sites.

These made to order sites take a cut from all sales.

The whole purpose of this shirt drive is to avoid an entity such as spreadshirt from taking a cut of the profits. This is why you are seeing the snowblind shirt. Anyone can go and buy that shirt right now, but the profit margin is a joke.

Sure anyone can go toss these on cafepress or zazzle if they wanted, but that sure as hell is something I do not want to see happen to anyone that was designing to help this community.

still think you need to re-read what i'm saying. i would only recommend the cafepress for shirts that don't get printed in bulk. so any joke margins would be icing on the cake from otherwise lost sales. not all designs can be printed in bulk, maybe if the first design goes well a few others will follow, but inevitably there will be a significant portion of TW whose taste is spread across all the other designs. there would be no harm in letting them order through one of these joke margin sites with little effort expended by data. alternatively they don't get the shirt and tw gets that many pennies less.

Thanks for voting guys. In case it isn't obvious, here are your winners:

1. havax - Snowblind Ski Resort mark II
2. Data - Tribes Ski Team
3. Atreides - Broadside Engineering
4. KwaNgo - Blood Eagle
5. KwaNgo - Diamond Sword

Orders for the Snowblind shirts have begun! Get yours while you can. And keep an eye out for Ski Team orders in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
still think you need to re-read what i'm saying. i would only recommend the cafepress for shirts that don't get printed in bulk. so any joke margins would be icing on the cake from otherwise lost sales. not all designs can be printed in bulk, maybe if the first design goes well a few others will follow, but inevitably there will be a significant portion of TW whose taste is spread across all the other designs. there would be no harm in letting them order through one of these joke margin sites with little effort expended by data. alternatively they don't get the shirt and tw gets that many pennies less.

I think there are quite a few designs that would sell before resorting to a made-to-order site. Some designs got 50+ votes and I think it is worth offering them. A round 2 will be interesting because it will more than likely have 100% original content, and not reprints of classic shirts. I think we would definitely see a shift in popularity of the designs that were not as popular this round.

dang, sorry i missed this -_-

really like KwaNgo's, Pmastaflex's, Fool's, AND Data's raindance rocketworks.

totally don't get the nerdvirgins tee reference. not sure if that means i need to give up my X...

Back