Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page TW 12 man NCAA dynasty
Page 1 of 2
[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 07-23-2008, 17:22
This is a list of rules and players. Some questions remain so please do respond.

First, here is the current list of players I have...

BaNsHee = BringTheBlitz
leetdemon = ThugishWolves
goheels = SteveLeabag
datdamkid = Buustercherry
confidential = desikuker
fish_spum = fidget mister
Greedo909 = greedo909
cheezit = BMeisterO
Dough = TheDotSide
Kizzak = kizzakgt
Xtasy = remb88
Nomad = NomadX
Hockeyplyr = Nnick89
nonreg = nonreg
danger = dlfnation0
fraggle = big ef

Looks like we have 17 with interest from a couple others that just didnt say for sure if they were were in or not. The max is 12 so we can either do two dynasties of 9 and 9, 2 dynasties of 12 and 12(granted some people want to play 2 at once), or the original 12 man dyansty with the other 5 being subs if people quit or leave(12 being the first to say they wanted in). Im fine with any of the options and will gladly play 2 dynasties. If there are a few others then well see about just running a 12/12.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The general rules do not matter to me. I will probably take off the QB Quiz though as its fairly dumb anyways. We will be running through this fairly fast and input on the max amount of days to play your game and do recruiting for that week would be cool. Most people are doing 3 days to play your game then the com. skips it. 3-4 sounds about right to me as I know I go out of town at least 2 days in a row every week, and others might as well.

Im setting up an irc channel in irc.tribalwar.com tonight so that people can hang there. It will also be where you can meet if you have a match against someone to discuss when to play. You can also do private messages on TW.

If someone doesnt show for 2 consecutive ingame weeks without letting me know then your spot will be filled if there are people wanting in. If not then it will be simmed.

Always initiate contact with a person you are supposed to play. Do not wait on them to do so. Make plans on what time you can both meet to play. If one person does not respond and does not show by match time then the player that does show can play vs the comp team.

All-American or Heisman with slider adjustments? Either is fine with me and I just figure All-American since its the default for all online games.

We need to figure out if we are doing 2 12 mans or not so I know how to do the "choose your team" thread tomorrow.

Last edited by [SES]BaNsHee; 07-24-2008 at 20:25..
Sponsored Links
cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 07-23-2008, 17:41
yo

i'll do 2 dynasties if there is interest.

edit: i vote for 3 day weeks, all american w/slider adjustments. would it be out of the question to pick teams live draft style in IRC?

Last edited by cheezit; 07-23-2008 at 17:48..
[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 07-23-2008, 17:53
I think its easier to choose teams by just letting everyone know what time the thread will be and letting everyone go wild on it. If we do two dynasties then itll be a 12-A at 8 and a 12-B at 8:30 type of deal. Ill make the thread and first post chooses team first. About the only fair way I know to do it.

GoHeels
VeteranX
Old
4 - 07-23-2008, 18:11
I would tend to lean towards just 1 dynasty, but that's just my opinion. I think 3 days to play the game is fine. All-American is probably fine since that is the default for online play as is.

Picking teams isn't a huge deal to me. I think I'm going to just pick somebody random and try to build them up.

Also, are limiting teams you can choose to the BCS conferences so that you'll at least have a couple of games vs. other people during the season?

GoHeels
VeteranX
Old
5 - 07-23-2008, 18:15
Also, are we going to deem any of the more stacked teams "untouchable?"

danger
VeteranX
Old
6 - 07-23-2008, 18:20
I'd also do 2 dynasties if there's enough people

When I did this in the past we picked a ****ty conference and each randomly drew teams out of it. It ended up working pretty well all the teams were pretty even.

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 07-23-2008, 18:22
Nah, anyone can choose any team. Id say to try and keep it to a BCS conference. No reason to go beyond that.

Cheezit would make 7 in a 2nd dynasty, and Im guessing demon would play in it too, so that would be 8.

GoHeels
VeteranX
Old
8 - 07-23-2008, 18:24
I'd play in 2, but I wouldn't gurantee keeping up in whichever one is "deemed" the second dynasty (if you guys don't have enough).

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 07-23-2008, 18:32
kizzakgt is my gamertag btw

I agree with turning off the QB Quiz, maybe also turn off ice the kicker

Either option is fine with me with regards to the dynasties, I'm probably not going to have time to do two dynasties though.

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 07-23-2008, 18:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
I'd also do 2 dynasties if there's enough people

When I did this in the past we picked a ****ty conference and each randomly drew teams out of it. It ended up working pretty well all the teams were pretty even.
I'll do a MAC dynasty if anybody is up for it

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 07-23-2008, 18:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
kizzakgt is my gamertag btw

I agree with turning off the QB Quiz, maybe also turn off ice the kicker

Either option is fine with me with regards to the dynasties, I'm probably not going to have time to do two dynasties though.
i actually kind of like ice the kicker

danger
VeteranX
Old
12 - 07-23-2008, 18:36
I haven't seen ice the kicker, what does it do?

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 07-23-2008, 18:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger View Post
I haven't seen ice the kicker, what does it do?
in a game winning kick situation, if the opponent calls a timeout while the other guy is lining up for a fg, when he does it again the kicker is "iced". the camera is on the ground right behind the kicker making the arrow hard to line up, and your kick meter is iced over and hard to see. makes it so you basically have to do the kick by "feel".

Nomad
Cheap Bastard++
Contributor
Old
14 - 07-23-2008, 18:40
Im down for 1 or 2.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 07-23-2008, 18:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
in a game winning kick situation, if the opponent calls a timeout while the other guy is lining up for a fg, when he does it again the kicker is "iced". the camera is on the ground right behind the kicker making the arrow hard to line up, and your kick meter is iced over and hard to see. makes it so you basically have to do the kick by "feel".
it just seems a little too gimmicky to me

[SES]BaNsHee
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 07-23-2008, 19:29
I havent had a problem with Icing the Kicker. Made the only one I ever had against the computer. Ill axe it too though if noone wants to keep it.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 07-23-2008, 19:48
I'm fine with it if everyone else is, I just figured I'd bring it up

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 07-23-2008, 20:28
either way is fine with me. i just thought kicking was a bit on the easy side and it'd be nice to add some pressure to game winning/tying kicks.

fraggle
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 07-23-2008, 22:33
i want one league and i'm voting with banshee on whatever the rules are. i'm his yes-man. now send me an invite i wanna be wvu.

confidential
VeteranX
Old
20 - 07-24-2008, 02:15
just do two dynasties of 12 each. some people want to play in both dynasties. i personally will only have time for 1.

besides that all american sounds good, qb quiz is dumb, not sure why they put it in the game. ice the kicker i have yet to see so idk.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page TW 12 man NCAA dynasty

Social Website Bullshit