Minute and a Half Of Little Wing Jam

too much wah, and you need to switch up your modes at times. I understand what you are trying to do by playing penatonic but try switching it up to the minor, the mode u are using doesn't work for me all the way through, becomes to...... hmmmm chaotic at points. Nice tone and I love you you man beast.

too much wah, and you need to switch up your modes at times. I understand what you are trying to do by playing penatonic but try switching it up to the minor, the mode u are using doesn't work for me all the way through, becomes to...... hmmmm chaotic at points. Nice tone and I love you you man beast.

Thanks man, appreciate the word.

yeah maybe a little less time playing with effects and posting incoherent pentatonic noodling and a little more time understanding tonality.

:lol:

I play primarily in modes.
Dorian, Ionian & Lydian are my favorites.
I don't use pentatonic as a rule.

;)

I think you guys may have objected to the voicing I heard.
Perhaps if you listen to it thinking George Benson style solfege or even how it sounded on Derek & the Dominoes.

Last edited:
Re: pentatonics... A good trick is to create a 6-note scale based on the Pentatonic + an additional note. (The blues scale is the most obvious one, with an added b5). You could try pentatonic with a 9th added or a 6th. This gives you the opportunity to quote the original while giving it a 'modal flavor'. A b9 for instance suggests a hybrid Phrygian/pentatonic, while a major 6th suggests Dorian.

Eric Johnson does this kinda thing a lot.

Back