Have ya ever met a happy atheist? by SuicideTaxi - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?
Page 5 of 77
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
81 - 10-09-2018, 17:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
second, the concept of an afterlife is beyond ridiculous. we are biological, living beings. everything you perceive and experience is a byproduct of being a living entity there is as much of an afterlife as there was a before-life.
you say that matter-of-fact-like but you truly don't know **** about what happens after death. why do you do that?

Sponsored Links
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 10-09-2018, 17:24

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 10-09-2018, 17:25
that's lovely, vanster

thx

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 10-09-2018, 17:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
you say that matter-of-fact-like but you truly don't know **** about what happens after death. why do you do that?
Because the rational default position on any claim is to not believe it until you have a good reason to do so.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 10-09-2018, 17:27
Quote:
that's lovely, vanster

thx
That's all we are. Everything you know, feel, see, hear, smell, and remember is all right there.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
86 - 10-09-2018, 17:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Because the rational default position on any claim is to not believe it until you have a good reason to do so.
people didn't believe we would ever be able to fly a little over a hundred years ago because there was no good reason to do so.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 10-09-2018, 17:30
Quote:
people didn't believe we would ever be able to fly a little over a hundred years ago because there was no good reason to do so.
this is why people think you're stupid

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
88 - 10-09-2018, 17:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
That's all we are. Everything you know, feel, see, hear, smell, and remember is all right there.
looks like a SPERM

we r all SPERM

there's a winner in all of us

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
89 - 10-09-2018, 17:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
this is why people think you're stupid
so you're telling me that most people on this earth believed we would be able to fly and had good reason to do so before the first manned flight in 1903?

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 10-09-2018, 17:33
Quote:
because it doesn't make any sense otherwise?

without life, you're not experiencing anything. everything about your experience is a product of being alive.

you have almost 14B years experience being stardust. hope you're ready for another 14B.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
91 - 10-09-2018, 17:34
hey guys I'm 12 lets debate religon

to consider
where did stars come from

retarded children

why not just kill everyone then

who made gays

my dad was not a monkey and neither was granddad

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
92 - 10-09-2018, 17:34
Quote:
because it doesn't make any sense otherwise?

without life, you're not experiencing anything. everything about your experience is a product of being alive.

you have almost 14B years experience being stardust. hope your ready for another 14B.
so you know for certain that there is no concept of a soul, or no other dimension except the one we are currently in right now in this universe?

cael
VeteranXX
Old
93 - 10-09-2018, 17:37
i'm with havax here, humans just had no desire to fly before the wright brothers that's why they never came up with stories like prometheus or angels or the ornithopter

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
94 - 10-09-2018, 17:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
i'm with havax here, humans just had no desire to fly before the wright brothers that's why they never came up with stories like prometheus or angels or the ornithopter
i did NOT say we never had a desire to fly.

i said most people had no good reason to believe we would be able to fly before the first manned flight of 1903.

nice try, though.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
95 - 10-09-2018, 17:40
Quote:
Yes. And at the time, that was the rational thing to believe. Then new evidence emerged, and people adapted their beliefs.

At this moment, no evidence of the supernatural exists, and so at this moment, belief in the supernatural is not justified.

But you already know this, because you already admitted that you believe on faith, not because of any good reason. So let's get back to my earlier question: why do you believe anything on faith?

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
96 - 10-09-2018, 17:41
what he's saying is we hadn't invented souls yet

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
97 - 10-09-2018, 17:41
Quote:
so you know for certain that there is no concept of a soul, or no other dimension except the one we are currently in right now in this universe?
-would need to define what a soul is.
-dimensions has nothing to do with anything. are u suggesting that the existence of parallel reality would somehow overturn the notion that a dead clump of matter would not being about to perceive it's own existence?

you already know what it's like to be dead. you were dead for almost 14B years. what possible, rational reason would you have to believe that being dead again would be different?

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
98 - 10-09-2018, 17:42
Quote:
you already know what it's like to be dead. you were dead for almost 14B years. what possible, rational reason would you have to believe that being dead again would be different?
lol wat?

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
99 - 10-09-2018, 17:46
he's saying that the atoms that compose every element of your being and consciousness did not suddenly spring into existence the moment your dad blew sauce up your mom

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
100 - 10-09-2018, 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
And I believe I do have a good reason to believe it because of what happened to someone in my life but I choose not to discuss it here.

Page 5 of 77

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay for jesus , hail satan , hfs was this made by ants