Give me one *good* reason why gay marriage should be illegal by Amadeus - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Give me one *good* reason why gay marriage should be illegal
Page 5 of 21
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
81 - 11-06-2018, 10:25
Yea but at the same time what difference does hearing "The government recognizes your intention to partner for life and grants you certain tax benefits as such" actually make? It's just a word, one that 50% of people will not honor anyway.

Sponsored Links
Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
82 - 11-06-2018, 10:51
if the government wants to replace 'married' with 'civilly joined' in all related legal contracts, as it applies to both heterosexual and homosexual couples, I don't see any problem with that.

However, if the government wants to apply that to only homosexual couples because "according to my religion the definition of marriage is..." that is a problem.

The government shouldn't favor one religious definition of marriage over any other, and if there is a religion that declares same sex marriages as marriages, then Welcome to America and all the rights and privileges afforded therein.

The reaction to this, I think, is 'not in my favorite religion.' Well, I don't see any problem with that; there is no requirement(nor can there constitutionally be)for any particular individual to accept same sex unions as 'marriage' in the context of their religion, but neither is there a power for any religion to define same for all other religions, or to declare that their religion is the only religious context in America.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
83 - 11-06-2018, 11:04
I don't think the government should be in the business of marriage period, but I guess it's a billion dollar industry.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
84 - 11-06-2018, 11:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasic View Post
Did I fall into a singularity and end up in 2008 or some ****??
welcum 2 amadeus's new shtick

phaytal
VeteranXV
Old
85 - 11-06-2018, 11:27
I always get a kick out of people like this:

It wasn't very long ago that interracial couples were ostracized and targeted with the same type of bigotry. The blissfully ignorant always fascinate me.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
86 - 11-06-2018, 11:28
yah gov should change all of it's terminology from 'marriage' to 'civilly joined' or something similar

marriage is pretty clearly a religious institution and gay dudes should be able to bang in hospice.

ofc benefits that are supposed to encourage families should not be given to them and based on the rash of articles ive seen about (generally lesbian) homosexual couples mentally brainwashing kids into being gender neutral causing basketcases for life and **** im no longer for them adopting

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
87 - 11-06-2018, 11:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaytal View Post
I always get a kick out of people like this:

It wasn't very long ago that interracial couples were ostracized and targeted with the same type of bigotry. The blissfully ignorant always fascinate me.
y is she holding the t shirt

is she too embarrassed to wear it?

y make it a shirt then

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
88 - 11-06-2018, 11:32
looks to wide for her he probably made it for her husband

phaytal
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 11-06-2018, 11:33
Guessing that's the back of the shirt.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
90 - 11-06-2018, 11:34
family encouragement shouldn't be based on marriage but on the presence of children.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
91 - 11-06-2018, 12:02
how is marriage 'family encouragement'

just give tax cuts for legal guardianship, ppl will have to stay together if they both want to be the kid's guardian

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
92 - 11-06-2018, 12:04
you won't be ''married"

you'll be buttbuddies!

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
93 - 11-06-2018, 12:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
how is marriage 'family encouragement'

just give tax cuts for legal guardianship, ppl will have to stay together if they both want to be the kid's guardian
I'd say a legally binding contract to stay together is a form of encouragement

Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
94 - 11-06-2018, 12:09
At the end of it all "love is our only resistance" some people live a lifetime and never find it. Who the **** am I to stand in the way of a persons one true chance of happiness during our short existence on this rock. If even for a day, a year, or 80 years.

For the self centered close minded ****s that get off on preventing others from finding true love with another human in a civilized manner which doesn't not infringe on your own existence what the **** does it matter? It is nothing but fear that drives that hate. I feel pity for those that are against it. Allowing same sex to marry for legal purposes is all bull **** in the end any way and will have no impact. If a same sex marriage can provide a healthy and safe environment for another new human better then most dysfunctional homes then why not give that little human a better fighting chance at their own opportunity to find happiness during their short existence.........And they should also have the right to experience the miserable times of being married like the rest of us.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
95 - 11-06-2018, 12:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlex View Post
This is not really an attempt to defend Merriam&Webster. This is an attempt to tell two people, "You are not allowed to feel in your heart what I feel in my heart when I use the word marriage."

What a curious thing to want to try and do.

There are enough exclusive clubs in the world. I just don't see how its possible to control the membership in this one, except via brute force.

Is the benefit of this exclusivity a defensible use of brute force? I mean, there's not even a clubhouse, for Christsakes.

As in, how about I join you for a beer at the "institution of marriage" clubhouse? We can stand around and check out the membership, make sure no riff-raff have snuck in the door.

I don't get that part. When I check out my marriage, the only other member I see is my spouse. It's a tiny clubhouse, and by and large, as long as we don't holler too much, we pretty much make up our own clubhouse rules.

I grew up on a little grimy industrial area of about 100,000 or so. It was across the river from a brewery and downriver a little bit from a steel fab plant, where my father worked for 40 years, and I worked for a couple of summers. Anyway, this little place, in the middle of this blue collar town, was this little haven of live and let live.

This was one place where two adult males could be 'roomates' and nobody gave a rats ass. Two guys living together. There were also alot of families with kids on the island. Clearly, in a little corner place like this, everybody knew everything about everybody.

These weren't folks who were shacking up together. They lived together, long term, for years and years and years. These were middle aged folks, well into their relationships.

One year, one of these middle aged adult men gets sick. I think it was renal failure. He's just wasting away, dieing, slowly, limping around. His partner, meanwhile, is watching all this happen, agonized, helpless to stop it. I was maybe 12, I dont remember the exact year, but I precisely remember the anguish that this adult male 'partner' went through. There was no mistaking that he was grieving over more than just a roomate. He was the devasted picture of somebody grieving for someone they loved deeply, that was a clear lesson, no mistaking it for anything else, clear as a bell.

Looking back on that, in my mind, I couldn't for the life of me imagine how or why I would ever look at that man that I knew and say, "You there, you're not allowed to feel that way about that other human being. Use a different word/feel a different feeling."

Which gives me pause when considering how I could ever say that to men or women I don't know.
They say that JEWS can be amazing story tellers.....that they really make you FEEL and BELIEVE their bull**** if they try hard enough long enough

and that might just be more proof of this

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
96 - 11-06-2018, 12:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
you won't be ''married"

you'll be buttbuddies!
says the guy who is butt buddies 4 life with the mother of his 2 children

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
97 - 11-06-2018, 13:40
I'm totally busted, you've got me dead to rights. I'm here to destroy western civilization. Now that you've found me out, the cabal of secret Jews has recalled me to underworld. Another will take my place. Have you seen the keys to my (((J)))eep Wrangler?

When you got nothing you throw ****, sometimes it sticks. Other times, it looks pathetically desperate and insane. Now please regale me with tales of how Joe Kennedy runs Rum in The Caribbean and is secretly funding terrorists in Ireland.

I haven't been here in a long time--are the inmates running the asylum now?

Last edited by Zlex; 11-06-2018 at 13:44..
Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
98 - 11-06-2018, 13:44
you cant say Jews then later use the ((( ))). you have no idea idea how to communicate with us l8r loser

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
99 - 11-06-2018, 13:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
amadeus, if you knew you were a pedophile, and you knew that it was wrong to think about diddling kids, do you think it would be beneficial to turn yourself in to a mental hospital to try to be cured/rehabilitated before you accidentally lose all inhibitions and commit an act of child molestation?

i mean, wouldn't that be the right thing to do?
this thread is on the topic of marriage, please do not derail

i will b happy to answer any pedophilia-related queries in a more relevant thread

Last edited by Amadeus; 11-06-2018 at 13:57..
Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 11-06-2018, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban_Villa View Post
you cant say Jews then later use the ((( ))). you have no idea idea how to communicate with us l8r loser
My bad. But, seriously, I'm not laughing. This is serious stuff! The Jews are coming. Quick to the Firestone library, we need to do at least 10 hours of research how to destroy them. Hop in my Jeep.

Page 5 of 21

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Give me one *good* reason why gay marriage should be illegal

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
hfs was this made by ants