Post your rigs, TW!!

Alesis Micron, Roland Fantom, Yamaha Digital Piano P90, Orange Gatorade & my band's stuff in the backround, was a big show that night :D
l_d809cd5f05afa3e9aee2812e9abbe7a1.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/55009/Motherfunk-Weapon Of Choice.wma

This is a song I did with a couple other people 2 years ago. I play guitar and bass (didn't have a bass player), and we borrowed a great drummer from a local band we knew. My friend is MC'ing, it was his and my project.

It sucks to hear the ending because I wanted to re-record it, there's a spot I didn't really like and the Uni-vibe warbling makes it sound a little worse. The acoustic parts were recorded with a real nice Takamine and the electric is my Strat through the Bassman. It's obviously not mixed but you get the idea. It was recorded on the latest version of protools at the time in a really fucking nice studio that I really should've taken advantage of more GODDAMN IT.

Sorry for the Wiki...

edit: whoops, last post should read:
-68 Fender Bassman with master volume, Bass channel had tone stack dumped to make distortion channel. Guitar channel remains clean...dark but twangy and bright, one of the best I've ever heard.

Last edited:
it sells for $5000 normally I believe and it was slightly used. I got it for $2000 with the unopened Gibson Bag of goodies (guitar cord etc...) and the leather bound certificate of authenticity from the Gibson Custom Shop.

Is yours a Epiphone or Gibson?

Last edited:
I love the Cherry Sunburst. :D I was 90% sure I was gonna get a Goldtop because I love them but I walked out with this after playing Les Pauls all day long.

I used to sleep with my guitar in bed with me. I seriously think it changed how I view guitar.

Ahem. Yeah, anyway, the rig. I have several.

Right now, my metal band rig is as follows:

Various guitars (2 humbucker strat, or my silverburst LP Custom, or my Parker Fly)
Peterson Tuner
Line6 AX2 212

When I get my Mesa 2:90 back, I will be putting my MIDI rig back together and running MIDI. I will then switch to the TriAxis + 2:90 rig, going through a 2x12 cabinet I'll build, with 1 Celestion G12T-75 and a Celestion Vintage 30.

I tried to use a Line6 Pod XT Live, and it works okay - but dammit, it just doesn't sound as good as other things I've tried. I will probably keep it and use it in my FX loop, since it has good effects. The amp models are just weak for metal, and I even have the metal power pack.

My Whitney rig:

Any Given Stratocaster - probably going to stick with the strat elite and maybe my '62 reissue with Texas Specials
Peterson Tuner
Boss NS-2 noise suppressor
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
ProCo Rat (v1)
Line6 MM4 Modulation Modeler
Line6 DL4 Delay Modeler
Fender Blues Deluxe

I love teles! Hows that tele sound thru the Roland? I love the natural sound of a Roland amp but never have been a huge fan when any distortion is coming out. They have a super super clean sound that I haven't heard since the old England KMD amplifiers used to produce.

Back