VADER EPISODE 1: SHARDS OF THE PAST by Ixiterra - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page VADER EPISODE 1: SHARDS OF THE PAST
Thread Tools
Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 02-10-2019, 13:58
Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey68aMOV9gc

A fan film that came out on Dec 21st. It's pretty fricken good.

Apparently dude made an agreement with LucasFilms that he could not monetize the video or use crowdfunding to make the movie. Disney proceeds to put a copyright claim on the video and monetizes it. Internet proceeds to rage out and LucasFilm forces Disney to remove the claim.

this all happened a few weeks ago but I missed it: Lucasfilm lifts copyright claim on Star Wars Theorys Vader Fan Film

worth spending 10 mins of your time on
 
Ixiterra is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 02-10-2019, 15:21
Reply With Quote
FF to the ultra marathon and female choking.
 
Plasmatic is online now
 
SecretSquirrel
VeteranX
Old
3 - 02-10-2019, 15:43
Reply With Quote
It's not even fun to give Disney a hard time over Star Wars any more. Yeah, everyone else did see it already. It was the last rage of the fandom menace. Now we have all moved on to complain about Alita and Captain Marvel.

SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING - YouTube

Nightcore - Rasputin (Remix) ✕ - YouTube
 
SecretSquirrel is offline
 
Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 02-10-2019 at 15:46..
bowl of blood
Veteran5
Contributor
Old
4 - 02-10-2019, 16:28
Reply With Quote
so??? they didn't even take his video down, they just wanted to run ads on it, which, sorry, seems perfectly fair given it's their ip

they also aren't in the least bit obligated to follow some informal agreement made by a customer service rep with a youtuber

honestly I have less respect for them for backing down, at least teach the guy that there are better things to do with your life than making unpaid star wars ads, and not to be an entitled *****
 
bowl of blood is offline
 
Reggs
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 02-10-2019, 17:33
Reply With Quote
Lucasfilm was always unusually lax about protecting their IP. It was basically you could do anything with their IP as long as you did not turn a profit.

Disney is unusually stringent in this same area. They've sued nursing homes because someone painted a character on the building's walls.

All in all Disney getting Star Wars has been bad. They made more content but it's soulless SJW ****, and they prevent all these fun side projects from ever seeing the light of day.

I could not believe what I was seeing when I saw the Solo movie and Lando was made a pansexual who was in love with a droid, and the droid has to hit you over the head with how droids are an allegory of subjugation. It didn't feel real.
 
Reggs is offline
 
Buk Naked
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 02-10-2019, 17:50
Reply With Quote
Watched the video.

Funny how a couple of guys ****ing around can make better content than a billion dollar studio.
 
Buk Naked is offline
 
Buk Naked
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 02-10-2019, 17:58
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Lucasfilm was always unusually lax about protecting their IP. It was basically you could do anything with their IP as long as you did not turn a profit.

Disney is unusually stringent in this same area. They've sued nursing homes because someone painted a character on the building's walls.

All in all Disney getting Star Wars has been bad. They made more content but it's soulless SJW ****, and they prevent all these fun side projects from ever seeing the light of day.

I could not believe what I was seeing when I saw the Solo movie and Lando was made a pansexual who was in love with a droid, and the droid has to hit you over the head with how droids are an allegory of subjugation. It didn't feel real.
I want to be entertained by a movie.

If I want to be preached to, then I'll go to church.

Amazing how Hollywood liberals are so inside their own heads that they're willing to ruin their product to share their obviously morally superior viewpoints.
 
Buk Naked is offline
 
Reggs
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 02-10-2019, 19:54
Reply With Quote
****

Why is this censored? I did not censor it in the post above.
 
Reggs is offline
 
HaPpY
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
9 - 02-10-2019, 19:57
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Naked View Post
Watched the video.

Funny how a couple of guys ****ing around can make better content than a billion dollar studio.
apparently the dood put a lot of $$$ into this... even hired his own composer. not billions, but high 5 figs
 
HaPpY is online now
 
Plasmatic
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 02-11-2019, 12:28
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Lucasfilm was always unusually lax about protecting their IP. It was basically you could do anything with their IP as long as you did not turn a profit.
You fail to remember the star wars Tribes mod. Lucas went after that guy.
 
Plasmatic is online now
 
Nmag
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
11 - 02-12-2019, 04:06
Reply With Quote
I had leather business shoes similar to the Imperial Emperor's. He's a stylish prick.
 
Nmag is online now
 
The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 02-12-2019, 09:25
Reply With Quote
Never again after The Last Jedi. The heart still hurts.
 
The Magical Zoo is offline
 
Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 02-12-2019, 10:29
Reply With Quote
more like SHARTS FROM THE ASS amirite
 
Edofnor is offline
 
Risuli
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
14 - 02-12-2019, 11:19
Reply With Quote
Disney is just EVIL. Thanks to big money contributions to politicians that have weakened the laws on monopolies, market competition and copyright Disney has been allowed to become too large and powerful at the expense of consumers. And they are looking to gear up again to change the laws in their favor: How Mickey Mouse Keeps Changing Copyright Law | Art Law Journal
 
Risuli is offline
 
bowl of blood
Veteran5
Contributor
Old
15 - 02-13-2019, 02:16
Reply With Quote
yeah i mean the way they've raped ip law is definitely something else, the idea that a corporation of no living entities can own an idea for all of eternity is pretty unconstitutional if you ask me

if disney lost the rights to mickey mouse, then __________
 
bowl of blood is offline
 
Esteban_Villa
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
16 - 02-13-2019, 17:35
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
so??? they didn't even take his video down, they just wanted to run ads on it, which, sorry, seems perfectly fair given it's their ip

they also aren't in the least bit obligated to follow some informal agreement made by a customer service rep with a youtuber

honestly I have less respect for them for backing down, at least teach the guy that there are better things to do with your life than making unpaid star wars ads, and not to be an entitled *****
 
Esteban_Villa is online now
 


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page VADER EPISODE 1: SHARDS OF THE PAST

Social Website Bullshit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:10.