The "easiest" or "simplest" chicken breast recipes

hyung

Veteran XX
I am not a good cook, I was literally taking chicken parts (thighs, wings, drumsticks) and boiling them in salt water and eating it (personally I thought it was quite good, it wasn't dry, had flavor, etccc) - but I guess it is time to move on and I would like to start eating chicken boobs

I am just looking for like really simple chicken breast recipes, as of now I am basically looking at salt and peppering the skin/outside and throwing it into an oven or on a pan. I may also end up going back to brining it in salt water or something and boiling it again :x

ThxX

Nothing 2 fancy - sear the outside to lock in juices, season ur cast iron, etc - Kiint u stay out ur shit is complex

No vegetarians either bighead

searing does not lock in juices.

But anyways. Take some chicken, put it into a dish with some condensed soup (cream of mushroom/celery/whatever) add some rice, cook in the oven until done.

If that's to complex, just stick with salt and pepper.

i am ok with cooking the rice separate

that is a simple recipe thx

Hmm, I am thinking about taking a canned soup and throwing in frozen vegetables and making a gourmet meal. Maybe I will open a restaurant!

Last edited:
maybe not what u wanted but i always bake breasts for like 45+ min at 300 w/ a little chicken broth or veggies then take chicken out and shred it and make sandwiches or quesadillas

it is great

i do 350 4 an hour pending on size of chicken breasts (pick a temp that works 4 ur oven but slow cook for 45-1 hour is best imo)

diana sauce (my favorite bbq sauce u can use urs)
honey
mayo
tobasco
Worcestershire
spices

or

bbq and rebaste chicken with sauce as much as possible

Why not shake seasoned salt or garlic salt all over the breast and let it sit for at least 1 hour (you can do it the night before or even do a whole bunch of breasts and keep them in a ziploc bag ready for cooking at a later time) then toss them on to a grill. Or is that to fancy?

cut the breast into strips and toss into a hot pan with some oil (~1 tbsp). cook them until theyre a soft white color. you can add any seasoning you want to them before you cook them.

cool the pieces off and toss with pasta or rice etc

I would say I underestimated my cooking skills a little bit (I can make steak saimin and spaghetti !) but it's more than when I cook for myself I do not care for being fancy, if I am cooking 4 others (re: pussy) then I can usually manage.

Thanks 4 the tips guys !

@doggor: that is basically what I do now, but I'll try some other salts or seasonings. My focus is also on healthy :)

@SkivviS: Hmm, I will try that 2.

Last edited:
1. Thaw breast.
2. Heat up frying pan, cast iron must be seasoned
3. Put in a dab of olive oil or canola oil
4. throw in breast, hit w/salt & pepper, flip every once in a while, until browned and cooked through

It's pretty damned good. Roast chicken is the best, though. I get em at Krogers, pre-cooked, for $4.99. Feeds the family.

Oh btw... yes just cut chicken breast up into strips and pan fry them in some EVOO... season with whatever teh fuck you like.

chicken and brown rice = the meal of champions!

:fu: opsayo

Here's an easy one that produces good results in its simplest form.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts (4)
Soy Sauce (1/4 Cup)
Honey (1/2 Cup)
Brown sugar (1/2 cup packed)

You need a ziplock bag that will hold all the chicken. Mix the honey and soy sauce, pour the mix into the ziplock bag with the chicken, do your best to remove all the air from the bag and put it in the fridge for 24 hours in a bowl or something in case any liquid escapes.

Turn on the oven to 400F, take out the chicken from the bag and discard the bag with the liquid, put the sugar on a plate and coat the chicken in the sugar, don't go crazy, just a light coating is enough. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes until the the coating has begun to go dark brown (but not burnt black).

Serve as is, or sliced/shredded on sandwiches, etc. I call this one "Black Marlin Chicken", its a simplified version of my family recipe. The actual family recipe includes things like crushed garlic, all spice, ginger and quite a few other ingredients in the marinade, but its finished baked with brown sugar.

for cheap easy meals what i've done quite a few times is

get bone-in chick quarters/thighs/drums/wings etc and some of those seasoning shakers

McCormick (i think that's the brand) has a bunch of good flavors...montreal chicken, smoked maple etc

sprinkle seasoning all over chicken, bake uncovered in oven on a cookie sheet/tinfoil for about 45-1hr on ~375

add some green beans or whatever and you have a meal. chicken quarters are especially cheap...1 makes a pretty good sized meal and costs like $.50 or less

My recommendation:
Cook stew of mushrooms by first cleaned mushrooms, then put in hot oil in which we previously roasted onions and carrots .. add a little spice and salt .. when it is cooked add the chicken!
It is very tasty and easy to stores!

get a thermometer so you know exactly when the meat is done

no guesswork there. youll always have juicy chicken that isnt under or overcooked

Because I eat a healthy well balanced diet overall. I eat shit food, but I also eat healthy food as well as exercise.

Back