So I cook at my mothers 4-5 times a week and she has fresh jars of:

Parsley
Rosemary
Curry powder
Basil
Bay Leaf
Dill weed

What do they usually go good with?

Im cooking spaghetti tonight with ground turkey, onions, spaghetti sauce and flat noodles.

Any of the above go good with that?

Chicken and or its parts is typically what I think of when I see every one of those spices. With EVOO drizzled first so they stick.

Parsley - dried parsley is useless
Rosemary - a little bit of this will be fine in your pasta dish. also good for pork/chicken/lamb/etc.
Curry powder - not good for spaghetti, great for meats/vegetables
Basil - dried basil is also useless
Bay Leaf - used for soups and stews
Dill weed - never used this dried, usually served fresh with fish

i'm shocked to see the contents of a spice cabinet with so little in it. mine is so full but i never use much of the dried stuff. my friend gave me a kit from penzey's spices and filled me up but most of them need to be tossed by now. i did get a sweet pepper grinder from it though.

i'm shocked to see the contents of a spice cabinet with so little in it. mine is so full but i never use much of the dried stuff. my friend gave me a kit from penzey's spices and filled me up but most of them need to be tossed by now. i did get a sweet pepper grinder from it though.

I know. I can cook alot of stuff on my own but I know nothing about spices except salt n pepper and bay leaves for red beans n rice.

Back