Do you support lethal force to defend your home/business/property during a riot? by ZProtoss - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support lethal force to defend your home/business/property during a riot?
Page 2 of 10
ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
21 - 08-09-2011, 11:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
BBC News - England riots: Insurance covers disorder damage

BS. of course, insurance won't cover you if you didn't have insurance in the first place... lol...
Not BS.

UK riots: Home and business insurance: Are you covered?

Key note is here:
Quote:
Will business owners be covered for damage to their property?

Yes, if they have 'full perils' cover which includes Riot, Civil Commotion and Malicious Damage
It's a specific subset of insurance. Given that a lot of businesses tend to run very lean in regards to their budgets (of which insurance is a part), there's quite a few that had themselves covered under the main categories of insurance (fire, theft, etc), but not necessarily riot/malicious damage.

In a way, it's similar as to how tons of people get ****ed whenever an unexpected flood hits an area that normally doesn't have much flooding. Because flood insurance is a high added expense for areas with a low probability for floods, many don't have it.

There's a decent chunk of businesses that are looking at being partially compensated for the riot damage - but the overall monetary loss is more than enough to cause many to be done for good.

Sponsored Links
Rooster!
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 08-09-2011, 11:27
Am I occupying the property that is threatened (house, workplace, etc)? Then yes, I'd defend it with lethal force. If someone is flipping my car or something in a parking lot, **** no unless i'm inside it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZProtoss View Post
Not BS.

UK riots: Home and business insurance: Are you covered?

Key note is here:

It's a specific subset of insurance. Given that a lot of businesses tend to run very lean in regards to their budgets (of which insurance is a part), there's quite a few that had themselves covered under the main categories of insurance (fire, theft, etc), but not necessarily riot/malicious damage.

In a way, it's similar as to how tons of people get ****ed whenever an unexpected flood hits an area that normally doesn't have much flooding. Because flood insurance is a high added expense for areas with a low probability for floods, many don't have it.

There's a decent chunk of businesses that are looking at being partially compensated for the riot damage - but the overall monetary loss is more than enough to cause many to be done for good.

Also, not sure where you live but if you're not on a flood plain and in an area that never really sees any flooding, generally flood coverage is included in your regular policy and not offered as a rider. At least that's how it works in MA (I know because I claimed for it during a microburst that totally ****ed up my house and vehicles and was awarded full coverage).

Last edited by Rooster!; 08-09-2011 at 11:30..
Kroh_Lykwoh
VeteranX
Old
23 - 08-09-2011, 11:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Jack View Post
It's just hilarious to see your balls grow in a post.

If insurance covers it I'm gone

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
24 - 08-09-2011, 11:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZProtoss View Post
Many insurance policies actually won't cover damages/losses caused by instances of mass civil disobedience (ie: riots). There's more than a few small businesses in London right now that will never recover due to the events happening there right now.

Part of the point here too is that when rioters realize that the risk of looting from certain stores is potential for serious physical harm/death (as opposed to very little risk of harm), the risk/reward skews in such a way that it's no longer worth it.

A big motivating thought process for many in these mobs is simply the idea of "GONNA GET SOME FREE ****." The benefits of getting free **** however, are greatly outweighed by the costs of getting shot.
Killing people as part of an equation is a riskier and more serious business than you seem to appreciate, and it's just amusing to see so many people stroking their cocks at the prospect.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 08-09-2011, 11:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroWaffle View Post
Yes I support defending one's property/life with whatever force necessary.
I agree with this, but I also wouldn't want to live somewhere like the US where people like mstrike are allowed to own 5 guns because they are scared of black people

i know

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 08-09-2011, 11:41

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 08-09-2011, 11:43
oh please shut the **** up, aj.

i don't want to kill someone, but if someone broke in to my house then **** yes i would.

would it bring me pleasure? no.

would i feel remorse, though? probably not much.

ElectroWaffle
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 08-09-2011, 11:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
I agree with this, but I also wouldn't want to live somewhere like the US where people like mstrike are allowed to own 5 guns because they are scared of black people

i know
Well, for every scared crazy person out there who owns tons of guns, there are plenty more people like me who own high powered deer rifles if the crazies get out of hand, and for hunting game of course.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 08-09-2011, 11:46
I'm going to protect my home and business. Even if your business is covered by insurance the month+ it will take you to get the money from insurance, fix everything and restock the shelves could be enough to bankrupt a small business owner.

I don't own a small business though so i would probably just get together with all the other gun nuts in the neighborhood and set up some lawn chairs at the end of the road. Make the next neighborhood over look like easier targets.

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
30 - 08-09-2011, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
the month+ it will take you to get the money from insurance, fix everything and restock the shelves could be enough to bankrupt a small business owner...

...so I blew his ass away, Your Honor.
My narrow point is that there's a bit of a disconnect with reality here. Except in Texas.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 08-09-2011, 11:50
I support lethal force only if defending a Macintosh.

aur0ra
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 08-09-2011, 11:51
i try an stay out of these threads

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
33 - 08-09-2011, 11:52
i wish aj would too

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
34 - 08-09-2011, 11:53
i came in here for laffosthen notice you idiots talking about insurance

gotta go for a bit but i'll take a look at this more in depth now

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
35 - 08-09-2011, 11:57

we can talk about the different types of commercial policies available to different businesses, there are ... 10 major ones. Inside those are huge differences based on what the business wants to add as a rider.

i cant speak for UK policies
the month the business is out for repairs insurance is payin them for lost income/wages/inventory

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 08-09-2011, 11:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroWaffle View Post
Well, for every scared crazy person out there who owns tons of guns, there are plenty more people like me who own high powered deer rifles if the crazies get out of hand, and for hunting game of course.
only takes one mad person and one small gun to end a lot of lives in a very small time

I guess I'm just not down with guns...

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 08-09-2011, 11:58
12 gague works perfectly fine for that.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
38 - 08-09-2011, 12:01
My zombie invasion training skills would come in very useful for such an emergency.

S0C7
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 08-09-2011, 12:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Jack View Post
Killing people as part of an equation is a riskier and more serious business than you seem to appreciate, and it's just amusing to see so many people stroking their cocks at the prospect.
So you enjoy watching me stroke my cock?

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
40 - 08-09-2011, 12:15
If it was my home I wouldn't even blink about pulling the trigger. Business? Depends on how attached I was to it and if insurance would cover things. I mean if it were a place I just happened to work out of **** no. If its something I built up out of nothing I'd probably be inclined to say hi with something unfriendly.

Page 2 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support lethal force to defend your home/business/property during a riot?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal