H4y guyz! Let's all vote OBAMA! by FngrBANG - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page H4y guyz! Let's all vote OBAMA!
Page 8 of 9
HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
141 - 07-01-2008, 19:53
Y3s, let us all vote OBAMA!

Sponsored Links
Sircle
The Man ShowX
Contributor
Old
142 - 07-01-2008, 19:55
tags

mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 07-01-2008, 20:23
edit: not exact figures...

oil and the economy.

active forclosures 1.2 million 2 million possible by end of the year. ths is out of 124 million houses. not so much of a big deal.

we have more oil in shale than saudi arabia has.
40 percent of gas is US produced. need to up production to 15 to 20 percent to make a dent in our consumption.
costs $3 a gallon to extract the oil here. 40 cents to transport it to refinery. 20 cents to get it to the pump. 40 cents in taxes. so total price is $4 a gallon.

its cheaper to produce in other countries. a few days ago saudi arabia upped their production by 200,000 barrels and china promptly bought up the new capacity on the open market.

the laws of global supply and demand are not going to let the price come back down.

china uses 1/6th the oil per person of the US. but it has 1.6 billion chinese compared to approx 280 million of US. china has huge growing middle class and population. there are over 1000 new cars in bejing alone... added every day.

we would need to conserve 20 percent to make a dent in our consumption/price.

so playing politics needs to stop and we need to get this thing under control domestically.

its not going to get any better until we develop our own supply.

lastly you aint seen bad yet but it is coming

Last edited by mrkshammerhand; 07-01-2008 at 20:59..
{FSC}Godfather
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
144 - 07-01-2008, 20:25
Hes not McCain would be a good enough reason for me.

Then again 99% chance I wont vote

FngrBANG
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
145 - 07-01-2008, 20:43
Thanks for telling it like it is, mrkshammerhand.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
146 - 07-01-2008, 20:56
McCain: Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran, lol

Months later...

CNN: Oil prices increase due to growing tensions with Iran

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
147 - 07-02-2008, 12:44
We could prohibit US oil companies from selling oil to non-Americans, and regulate a cap on profits.

But that would require representatives of the people.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
148 - 07-02-2008, 13:04
let the oil companies keep their profits. They should just have to pay the royalty fees they owe to the american people.

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 07-02-2008, 13:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
yes $4.659 dollars per gallon, and you will happily vote for the guy who doesn't want to drill for domestic oil, nor open any more domestic refineries. You'll vote for the guy who will support "alternative energy" only, which will take upwards of a decade or more to implement considering R&D and infrastructure alone.

Its cute how that works. "But.. gas prices!" And then you of course go off and vote for the guy who will make it worse. Awesome.
Yes, because seeking out domestic sources of oil is like tapping a keg, and will produce immediate results. We also have vast oil reserves that can support our economy for like a billion yearz.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
150 - 07-02-2008, 13:22
triple and fngrbang being dumb ****s agian

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
151 - 07-02-2008, 13:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerX View Post
I think its amusing that Obama is going to magically lower gas prices, yet the Democratic Party-led Congress made campaign promises during mid-term elections that the gas prices would be lowered within 2 years. Way to go Democrats!
You can get a lot done when your 'majority' consists of 50 seats including Joe Lieberman, who is on the short list of McCain's VP nominees . It also helps when you have a president that will jump at the opportunity to veto any worthwhile bill that gets through the Senate. He would've vetoed the new GI bill if it didn't pass with such an overwhelming majority.

Support the troops indeed!

Crash_Site
VeteranX
Old
152 - 07-02-2008, 13:42
I will be voting for whoever takes on Edwards as a VP or no one at all.

m00ky
Veteran++
Old
153 - 09-24-2008, 02:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
You'll vote for the guy who will support "alternative energy" only, which will take upwards of a decade or more to implement considering R&D and infrastructure alone.

Solar power plants in the Mojave Desert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol, this isn't nanobots you ****ing animefag, it's renewable energy.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 09-24-2008, 02:47
obviously we should vote for McCain for his bold plan to balance the budget by killing all earmarks

o wait...

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
155 - 09-24-2008, 02:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by FngrBANG View Post
For obvious reasons!

And while we're on that subject...

How about you provide said "obvious reasons?"

Use logic & sh*t. Use faxtz. Prove that Obama is a valid choice for the American Presidency...

'Cuz somehow I doubt that you are going to vote for him based off of his actual Senate track record...

It's either going to be Mccain or Obama, and it won't be like this is the first time we've had to vote for the lesser of two evils.

THe way I see it is this, voting is supposed to be for whats best for america not whats best for you. It's a chance to be apart of the bigger picture, not excercise our ill informed ignorant think we know it all about politics opinions.

With that said, I think it will benefit this country to NOT have Mccain in office, and regardless of what Obama is, I know he isn't mccain and at this stage in the game that is good enough for me.

I also beleive Obama is a smart enough man to not **** anything up half as bad as mccain will. Fingers crossed, but if I have to take a chance, I'll take it on the dem.

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
156 - 09-24-2008, 02:53
a vote for obama ~ not voting for a police state?
a vote for McCain = voting for a police state

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 09-24-2008, 03:05
btw, if you really want to know my reasoning:
1. Obama has assembled an excellent team of economists that will hopefully shape and guide his potential policies when implemented.
John McCain, on the other hand, has stated he will rely on the following team:
Jack Kemp, Phil Gramm, Warren Rudman, and Pete Peterson. Add to that list his go-to failed CEO in Carly Fiorina and it won't be surprising that his primary economist (Holtz-Eakin) would likely get shouted down all too often in that room.

2. Obama provides the closest to a second-best solution for the budget deficit, foreign policy, and health care.

3. Obama's views on social issues are closer to mine than McCain's - especially after McCain made a beeline for the religious right.

Mitsubishi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 09-24-2008, 03:07
omg seriously oil is down like 55 cents a barrell from where it was during the first days of the "surge"...

oil is never going to go below 80$ EVER AGAIN...

right now its like 108 or so...

GET WITH THE ****ING PROGRAM...

the reason obama is a good choice is because he understands what so many educated, wordly americans do...we need a diffrent source of energy besides Canadian/Venezuelan/Saudi OIL...

and will actually try to have this country do something about it...like adopt subsidies for desial cars like Europe who gets an average of 20 more miles per gallon...and solar, and wind, and geothermal which this country has TONS AND TONS of...

get over your 1950 american musclecars...noone still thinks the greaser act is cool, unless maybe you live in some podunk ****ing backwards ****hole of a world.

JJPHATX
VeteranX
Old
159 - 09-24-2008, 03:42
I'm going to state why in terms of stated foreign policies.

McCain is much more likely to use force against Iran.

Obama is less likely to use force against Iran.

Right, Wrong, doesn't matter. What does is: We can't fight another war right now!

However, if Israel attacks Iran, we are automatically engaged, and the argument is mute, unless either of these guys can restrain Israeli fears.

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
160 - 09-24-2008, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPHATX View Post
However, if Israel attacks Iran, we are automatically engaged...
When did we elect Israel to be our Commander in Chief?

But back to the trainwreck that is the GOP:

Quote:
We support energetic federal investigation and, where appropriate, prosecution of criminal wrongdoing in the mortgage industry and investment sector. We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. Government interference in the markets exacerbates problems in the marketplace and causes the free market to take longer to correct itself.
http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/Economy.htm

COME ON!

Last edited by Automatic Jack; 09-24-2008 at 11:21..
Page 8 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page H4y guyz! Let's all vote OBAMA!

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alchoholic , ass wiping nurse , badmofo has a huge penis , but hes blik , but i poop from there! , dealyrrunk is a shithead , drunken moron , fagmotron , fngrdrunk , general faggotry , ignorant pervert nurse , incoherent rambling , obama=antichrist , partisan hackery