[security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5] by Plasmatic - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5]
Page 3 of 7
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 08-19-2019, 20:02
Ok
Picked up the camera, 128gb microsd, and 16 ft extention power cable from my Amazon locker.

Followed scanty directions, but
tada
hunt and peck the app menu and figured stuff out.

The built in magnet stand works well; is there a 'set screw'... turns easily and may not stay-put the way i want it to.

I could almost get away with their powercord...~5 or 6 ft?
but I'll have to use the 16ft i ordered to get it in the best position and cleaned up wire routing.

The best news is the ScanDisk 128gb UHS-1 is recognized/works. Didn't need to format. I've got the setting on 'continues record' and HD so we'll see how many days I get.

good deal - made well - so far

and right now it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do; sending me a notification and records a short video of all the cars going in or out
70% sensitivity... all those recordings are going to their server, right?, and the 128 chip is just continuous always on recording, motion or not,,, if I understand right?

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-19-2019 at 21:27..
Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 08-19-2019, 23:56
Mine came in today also, I just got home. I'm going to attempt setting it up without the app once I get some food in me. Wish me luck!

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 08-20-2019, 05:31
Yes, those 13 second clips are going up to the cloud for free. Then the camera takes a 5 minute break before it detects motion again so you don't get spammed. That's what is so incredible about Wyze, they are giving free cloud storage and selling the cameras for a great price. I'm sure there are many companies wanting to buy them (Amazon). I hope it doesn't happen because then they will charge for the cloud storage. I hope Wyzecam stays private and doesn't sell out to anyone, because if that happens they'll raise the price of these cameras to $100 and charge for the cloud storage.

When you click on the camera, and View Playback, that's coming from the memory stick. In the future, if this isn't working (you see nothing recorded), then format the card and it usually fixes any problems. You should get about 8 days, I'm getting 4 with 64gb.

Now that you have your first camera working, buy the $30 pan camera and put it on a shelf inside. You can pan around the room and see what is going on. You could have someone watch your dog while you go out, and see how they are doing.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-20-2019 at 05:45..
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 08-20-2019, 19:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post

When you click on the camera, and View Playback, that's coming from the memory stick. In the future, if this isn't working (you see nothing recorded), then format the card and it usually fixes any problems. You should get about 8 days, I'm getting 4 with 64gb.
ok I don't see video when I 'View Playback' in app
(i see them if i take the card out and play on laptop)

i tried formatting using the camera, but it failed. so I took card out of cam and formatted in the (((google))) laptop, and it formatted. but i don't see video that should be there (taking up mem).

going to try to format in the camera again

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-20-2019 at 20:18..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 08-20-2019, 20:20
It may not be able to read that large of a card SeVeReD?

Got mine set up today, seems like a nice camera. The app looks like it's put together well. The 32gig card works fine. I decoded the QR setup code and it seemed to be encrypted, but I should be able to use it with iSpy. I'll know more later.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 08-21-2019, 00:10
Like I said above, I tried formatting again in the camera and this time it took. So 128 gb works and I can now see Playback video in the app.

I think the microsd worked out of the package in the camera, until i decided to touch it when it wasn't broke and tried formatting in the camera and something messed up the first time.... oh well

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 08-21-2019, 00:52
ah, sweet. and here I am with 32g like a sucker.

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 08-21-2019, 02:06
Well I'm the sucker too because
I bought a 32g card also
fortunately I have a new phone with an empty slot

i'm flying out to Mazatlan tomorrow
this needed to get done so i bought both
hoping the 128g would work

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-21-2019 at 02:36..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 08-21-2019, 15:05
Wyze doesn't support Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) with the native firmware, but they have it in Beta.
Wyze Cam RTSP Wyze

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 08-21-2019, 15:46
Not much documentation out there, I didn't realize it didn't have native support for Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). I'm using beta firmware from Wayze with iSpy

Updating the camera firmware is super easy, just copy the .bin file to root of an sd card, insert into camera, hold reset button and plug in. Release when it both blue and yellow led light and let it reboot.

In the phone application click the gear > advanced> rtsp> turn rtsp on.
Set admin username and password here. Generate a URL and try it with the phone browser or VLC. My phone has VLC on it, but other players may work. URL Should look something like this rtsp://admin:[email protected]. xx/live

You should be able to stream the same URL with VLC from any machine on the network. VLC > media > open network stream.

in iSpy set up a new camera. Under the ffmpeg (h264) enter your connect URL and finish setup. Live video should be streaming. We have tall windows at the front of the house, I have it sitting in the window sill for now.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 08-23-2019 at 16:19.. Reason: More info
Scud
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 08-21-2019, 16:06
Ordered 2 today, I'm interested to see how they compare to my Arlo system

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 08-21-2019, 17:09
Yeah, I'll be ordering some more. Pretty impressed at this point.

Buk Naked
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 08-22-2019, 18:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Yes, those 13 second clips are going up to the cloud for free. Then the camera takes a 5 minute break before it detects motion again so you don't get spammed.
I'm puzzled by this. Someone walks in your driveway for 13 seconds and the video stops. Then they decide to **** up your car and you don't get video of it?

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 08-22-2019, 23:50
If you're a moron with no SD card, or no backup then yes, 13 seconds is all you get. It's a $25 camera with free cloud storage.

SD card in the camera will save footage. SD cards are cheap. I also have mine connected to an indoor server running ispy that saves footage. iSpy: Open Source Camera Security Software

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 08-23-2019, 21:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Naked View Post
I'm puzzled by this. Someone walks in your driveway for 13 seconds and the video stops. Then they decide to **** up your car and you don't get video of it?
You do get video of it. The 13 second clip starts when motion is detected, IE when the person moves into the frame. That identifies the person. That goes up to the cloud, then the camera takes a 5 minute break from sending any more 13 second clips. BUT, it's still recording 24/7 in the camera. So you know when the motion was detected, then you can view the footage and save it to your phone.

That's why we mount the cameras up high under an over hang so no one can get it. Plus they don't know the memory chip is in the camera. They would knock it down and move on, not realizing the footage has already been sent to the cloud. If the camera is damaged, then you take out the memory chip and put it into a computer.

The only way you would be screwed, is if they triggered motion, stayed out of the frame, then stole the camera. The odds of someone knowing this are very slim. Thieves don't steal cameras, they knock them down thinking that erases the footage that's already been captured.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-23-2019 at 21:45..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
56 - 08-24-2019, 00:35
Yep, and even if they know they have an sd card in it, I've got mine saving video inside on my server box too.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 08-24-2019, 11:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Axis Cameras - Synology NAS. Boom
This.

But instead of using a NAS, I setup an old-ish Dell R720 as a DVR server (16x 10K SAS drives? WUUUUT?) running ZoneMinder on Debian for Maxx Control.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 08-25-2019, 10:27
Had someone come through the neighborhood checking for unlocked cars at 3am. Lucky for me, my Charger was locked.
Image taken from the Wyzecam video.

15 second clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1H9vqpi3qM
So there we go, a real life example. Was it a crystal clear image, kinda. Better than nothing, he didn't look directly at the camera, and when the subject is moving in the dark, it's blurred. It's black and white because that's night vision. He parked his car at 02:52am, walked around the culdesac for 10 minutes, then drove away after checking my car.

The motion was not detected. But a neighbor (board member) told me something happened at 3am. I checked the cameras and found when he came through. Then I used the Playback function to get to that spot, and saved the 15 second clip on my phone. I e-mailed the images and video to myself, saved to computer, and uploaded to YouTube.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-25-2019 at 10:33..
SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 08-25-2019, 10:34
That's strange the camera didn't detect person motion. Did he only check your car?

Last edited by SeVeReD; 08-25-2019 at 10:37..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 08-25-2019, 11:53
wyzecam still behind starwolf turrent technology

Page 3 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [security] Cameras 2019 [official] [|3r4c|<3t5]

Social Website Bullshit