Obama fires inspector general who found misuse of AmeriCorps funds by eCybernetics - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Obama fires inspector general who found misuse of AmeriCorps funds
Page 2 of 3
MadBoFo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
21 - 06-14-2009, 20:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclozine View Post
by all means keep pretending you're not just upset about the election
Quote:
badmofo has a huge penis
ask your mom, she'll tell you all about it.

Sponsored Links
cyclozine
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 06-14-2009, 20:10
nice mofo just edited his post from "when did i say that" to some spaz post

at least he stopped denying his support for bush's deficits

MadBoFo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
23 - 06-14-2009, 20:11
you're a ****ing idiot who can't read apparently.

cyclozine
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 06-14-2009, 20:12
ok "fiscal conservative"

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
25 - 06-14-2009, 20:17
Quote:
ok "fiscal conservative"
maybe he's a "fecal conservative" ..

Noshbomb
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 06-14-2009, 20:18
BadMoFo is a patriot and smarter than the lot of you leftist cock suckers. Hence the huge noggin'

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
27 - 06-14-2009, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noshbomb View Post
Hence the huge noggin'
Its just full of ****.

blackie420rx
he with no title++
Old
28 - 06-14-2009, 20:20
Quote:
BadMoFo is a patriot and smarter than the lot of you leftist cock suckers. Hence the huge noggin'
Proof of MoFo's superior intellect:so I had to fart by BadMoFo - TribalWar Forums

Noshbomb
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 06-14-2009, 20:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie420rx View Post
Proof of MoFo's superior intellect:so I had to fart by BadMoFo - TribalWar Forums
Obama is farting in America's face. The end.

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 06-14-2009, 20:23
When it comes to stealing money its a politician thing, not a party thing

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
31 - 06-14-2009, 20:24
Quote:
Obama is farting in America's face. The end.
You doing some fishing here?

MadBoFo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
32 - 06-14-2009, 20:25
Quote:
ok "fiscal conservative"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoFo View Post
you're a ****ing idiot who can't read apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoFo
and for the record, dumbass, I supported an economic stimulus package and preemptive strikes against enemies of the state, not wholesale ****ing socialization of the major industrial, banking, finance, and health care of this nation.

jesus **** you're a retard.
game, set, match.

good day dumbass.

Noshbomb
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 06-14-2009, 20:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICFire View Post
You doing some fishing here?
Yes. Too bad I don't have some of Obama's foreskin, I could catch my limit.

cyclozine
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 06-14-2009, 20:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoFo View Post
game, set, match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoFo
So despite the fact that the Congressional Budget Office is forecasting continued GDP growth and reduction in unemployment claims, and increased treasury bill rates Bush's deficit will somehow negatively effect the economy?
way to support hundreds of billions of dollars in deficits there "fiscal conservative"

it's particularly hilarious because you think rising interest rates are a good thing

MadBoFo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
35 - 06-14-2009, 20:34
it's particularly hilarious because you keep referencing a thread that's at least a year old that I ****ing schooled you in.

whoops.

ps-I believe I said "good day" because you got schooled in this thread too.

thnx.

cyclozine
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 06-14-2009, 20:35
i didn't post in that thread, my dear hack. i'm just quoting one of the many instances in which you supported hundreds of billions of dollars in deficits during the bush years.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
37 - 06-14-2009, 20:36
Quote:
i didn't post in that thread, my dear hack
...and here I was wanting him to post a lnk so we could determing this "schooling"...since I don't seem to recall him ever schooling anyone... but I usually lose interest in a thread he gets involved in pretty quickly since it is seldom above a sophomoric wit...

El Smack
VeteranX
Old
38 - 06-14-2009, 20:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCybernetics View Post
Obama Fires Inspector Who Found Misuse

Steven J. DuBord | The New American
12 June 2009

President Barack Obama has fired the inspector general who found misuse of AmeriCorps funds at a nonprofit education group headed by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson. The inspector general, Gerald Walpin, had investigated Johnson’s group, St. HOPE Academy, and discovered funds were being diverted for non-approved uses.

AP reported on June 12 that Obama was citing his loss of confidence in Walpin to explain the firing. While the acting U.S. attorney in Sacramento had criticized Walpin for how he conducted the investigation, prosecutors did find fault with St. HOPE Academy’s sloppy record keeping and reached a settlement. The Academy maintained its innocence, yet it still agreed to return about $424,000 out of the $850,000 it had received. At this point, the president stepped in to fire Walpin without listing any substantial reasons.

What makes Obama’s action questionable is that Johnson is a big supporter of the president. As soon as Walpin finds that Johnson is using AmeriCorps grant money to pay volunteers to engage in school-board political activities, to run errands, and to wash his car, the president gets involved and cans Walpin. He could have at least waited so as not to give the impression of seeking retribution against Walpin.

Not only that, but Obama himself sponsored the Inspectors General Reform Act in 2008. The act is meant to give inspectors general some protection from interference as they do their jobs, especially interference by the White House. It stipulates that the president shall give 30 days’ notice before dismissing an inspector general, and also requires him to state the reasons for his decision. At this point, Obama may be allowing the 30 days, but he is not supplying any objective validation for his action.

The (Washington) Examiner on June 11 quoted a letter from Senator Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) to the president saying that he “was troubled to learn that [on the night of June 10] your staff reportedly issued an ultimatum to the AmeriCorps Inspector General Gerald Walpin that he had one hour to resign or be terminated.” This hints at an effort to avoid even the 30-day requirement by strong-arming Walpin into leaving. But Walpin would not go quietly.

Walpin’s statements, noted by The Examiner, indicate that the criticism from the U.S. attorney in Sacramento was an effort to discredit Walpin after the attorney’s office failed to stifle the suit. Walpin found “six specific instances of diversion and misuse of [AmeriCorps] grant funds,” yet Johnson failed to present “a single fact to dispute those findings.” Even the settlement for $424,000 is not all it’s cracked up to be. Walpin points out: “As St. HOPE is insolvent, the absence of any obligation imposed on [Johnson], and the absence of any guarantee or security to ensure payment, makes the settlement a farce.”

Senator Grassley wrote in his letter to the president that “there have been no negative findings against Mr. Walpin by the Integrity Committee of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency,” that “he has identified millions of dollars in AmeriCorps funds either wasted outright or spent in violation of established guidelines,” and that “it appears he has been doing his job.”

The full story remains to be told, but President Obama could have avoided the appearance of impropriety by not being in such a hurry to get rid of someone who apparently caught one of his supporters red handed. Unfortunately, no one is paying attention to the millions of dollars in other waste or violation that Grassley said Walpin has found. This waste, fraud, and abuse is the price of trusting government to run programs like AmeriCorps.

By putting government in charge of volunteer service or any other unconstitutional program, not only are millions of taxpayer dollars wasted or stolen, the effort to police how funds are used eats up even more of the taxpayers’ money. If there were no AmeriCorps, the government wouldn’t need an inspector general to watch over it. Walpin would no doubt find employment in the private sector, and President Obama would surely benefit by not having this particular reason to make himself look bad.

SOURCE:
Obama Fires Inspector Who Found Misuse
So this guy hands in a report that doesn't ACTUALLY have a total on how much money, if any, was misspent nor did he provide any real proof other than his own "conclusions". When someone doesn't jump on his story as soon as he hands in the reports his office starts a media slam campaign. Oh yeah, this guy is 100% credible.... except the democrat and the republican that run the St. Hope board say "It's about time". This guy had an agenda, to "get" Obama supporters. It back fired and now he's jobless.

Noshbomb
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 06-15-2009, 03:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Smack View Post
So this guy hands in a report that doesn't ACTUALLY have a total on how much money, if any, was misspent nor did he provide any real proof other than his own "conclusions". When someone doesn't jump on his story as soon as he hands in the reports his office starts a media slam campaign. Oh yeah, this guy is 100% credible.... except the democrat and the republican that run the St. Hope board say "It's about time". This guy had an agenda, to "get" Obama supporters. It back fired and now he's jobless.
Why don't you go eat Michael Moores fat ass? Maybe you'll find that credible? I know I'm off subject a little, but eat his ass anyway.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
40 - 06-15-2009, 04:06
this just in: black people are not getting mortgages paid for

(yet)

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Obama fires inspector general who found misuse of AmeriCorps funds

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis