plz post demos of urself or ones u want uploaded to utube here and i will do it

ya like i say i am idiot no nothing thx for educate

?

You compared disc usage to cg usage...im not following... Ofcourse pft is the same for any weapon, including cg.

Also you proved my point so good ^^ terp is so misunderstood.

It doesn't alter efficacy of hitbox register, all setting terp to 0 does, is ur client will no longer smooth out player movements, so that u see a more accurate picture of where the players are, server-side. Which btw is very warpy.

So basically you can put JUST as much damage on the player with terp 64 as with 0, only most people finds it abit easier with the more accurate player positions, IF you are used to the warps you get with no smoothing ofc.

Why you see nonregs with terp at 64 is basically because the players arent exactly where u see them on ur screen, so u get client side hits aka "nrs" (which btw can be turned off, so that ur shots ghosts through players instead)

Edit: Wanna include that you can 99% of the time also learn to know where the players are server side even with terp 64.

i remember a thread back in 2011 where nofix essentially said that 1.40's built in routines for terp/pft were better than fixed values

but people who were used to 0 terp since 2001/2002 didn't want to re-learn 1.40's slightly different chaining style

there were chainwhores before netset, it really isn't about the particular setting you use it's just what you're used to. imo a skilled player will be equally deadly using terp 0 or using 1.40's built in settings, it's learning how to play effectively with those settings not the settings themselves

Yes very well put groove, its what you are used to,

you can deal just as much dmg with whatever setting. its just about knowing how it works and what you are used to.

imo 1.40's pft was andrews attempt to get everyone to shut the fuck up about pft/terp and build the 'tweaks' into the .exe so that no one had to tweak their netsettings because 1.40 essentially does that for you in realtime

but people were so caught up in the idea that tweaking netsettings provided an advantage that we got nofix to make netset so that we could continue to tweak something that didn't need tweaking anymore

people think that they can come up with a fixed setting for a network preference where the network conditions are constantly changing

and a lot of people often have netset not loading, or the .dll is loading but they're not actually changing any of the preferences and think that they're 'better' because they have netset -when really nothing at all has changed and imo that proves that most of the advantage people 'feel' with netset is placebo

i remember a thread back in 2011 where nofix essentially said that 1.40's built in routines for terp/pft were better than fixed values

but people who were used to 0 terp since 2001/2002 didn't want to re-learn 1.40's slightly different chaining style

there were chainwhores before netset, it really isn't about the particular setting you use it's just what you're used to. imo a skilled player will be equally deadly using terp 0 or using 1.40's built in settings, it's learning how to play effectively with those settings not the settings themselves

how do u just skip all the years ppl spent playing with 1.30 wow i think thats scummy

i thought the same thing about 1.30 as long as all pings were equal - low ping players were chainwhores whether they altered their netsettings or not and had a huge advantage over high pings because the fixed settings were best for those with low pings

yes, with 1.30 and high ping you definitely leveled the playing field by tweaking netsettings

but with 1.40? not so much. in fact imo people fuck up the good routine that would auto-adjust it for you with a fixed value that may or may not reflect your ping or route at the time

as far i remember the 'best' 1.30 chainwhores didn't alter netsettings they just had low pings and learned how to chain well - TSI, tike, prio, dutch etc

sorry to put dutch and tsi on a list together i know you hated eddie but you gotta admit he was a chainwhore when he pinged low

but he was fucking useless above a 32 ping and it was clear he'd never learned how to aim with any different a ping and definitely didn't use netset because it would have helped him when his ping was over 60

most of those guys didnt play during 1.30 aside from dutch and tsi did for like one single match

regardless of what version of tribes was used when they played, as far as i know none of them tweaked netsettings at all so they were using fixed pft and terp values of whatever it was (64 for both? fuck i forget)

i guess i can't know for sure but dutch says he didn't terp and was considered a top LD in any era he played in so imo he's proof that you didn't need to tweak netsettings to be the best

sure later on there were guys like veilside, chump and thorin etc in the LT era but i liken them to ppl like rtcll - high level FPS aim and low ping that would have been good with whatever netset values they learned with

ya they were good without netset it just sucked more than it should have and could have been a lot better if everyone just had netset from the get go

back then we cared wayyyyy more about ping than any net preference

it was only 2003+ when pretty much everyone had broadband and then the only people that benefitted in a big way from netsettings were aussies and hawaiians

then again this is imo and dare's experience in the LT era where pings were all low and incremental tweaks to mouse and netsettings could help someone is totally valid

but i still think that the biggest benefit of netset is simply that when a player starts to use it, they focus more on learning or re-learning how to aim and learning what they see on the screen vs what's really happening @ the server

the placebo is real and you're going to see people who actually improve their chain regardless of whether netset is actually loading or working

dunno i played arena after sD. and outlawz died and it was post apocalyptic everyone has hm + interpolate and pft and makes teams and is racist and cgs any1 in a pack

during 3rd generation =I=ntensive a team that started off as wolfpac in arena

anyway interpolate arena was real crazy and fun and so was interpolate era LT like vivavcious and <99% etc

like i personally used stock terp and pft values before 1.40 and found that with a low ping, i was just as good with terp 0 or 64 once i learned how to aim on both

i was mostly known as a HoF but when i played cluster maps i regularly got comments from people about being a chainwhore and me and killaj and non used to compete on LD for who could get the most kills and i won a lot of 'em

when 1.40 leaked, i tried it and found that i was still a better chainwhore with 1.30 until i really put the time into learning the 1.40 chain and i was of the opinion that neither was 'better' with a low ping it was just what you learned

but stock 1.40 was wayy better on a higher ping than stock 1.30 and below, that's why i think that tweaking netsettings is a fairly major thing for people with high pings, but basically a non-issue for us with low pings

all imo and no disrespect to those who think differently

LA_view2.gif

this is where i get off my soapbox and pack a bonghit and climb back into my hipster hole, vab vab

Back