Tribes 1.41 Summer Tournament

hey lets get moving on this and not let the signups go stale.

setup draft date captains etc asap

better off starting this and not trying 2 go 4 more teams imo

itd be nice to have a small amount of teams like no more than 3 if we can even field 3

otherwise each team will have one good player and he's forced to play chase

just fucking play tribes. ur gonna wag dicks to see whose is biggest, when it's just gonna be the same fucking thing u guys do every night, except shitty people will get to play.

look at the list of participants. do you see even 3 potentially good leaders? all i see are a bunch of newbs, and a bunch of self-righteous blowhards who rage hard nightly and do whatever they can to pass blame to everyone else on their team.

ps. when you gotta worry about not being able to field more than 3 tourney-worthy teams, because there's not enough skill in the pool, it's time to put the fucking nail in the coffin.

gg tribes. see you in pubs.

I wish quarterly tourneys would catch on. It's not about winning/dick measure/playing srs. It's just nice to have organized tribe play + scheduled times. I don't idle on irc or pub v often so I don't get to play in many pu's. Give me a date and time and I will show and get 2 play some good tribe.

A tourney doesn't have to be some epic showdown of the tribes community for the title of world champion 2013. T2 has like 4-5 tourneys a year.(although they take it way too srsly) It would be nice for t1 community to have same approach to tourney.

i think the less of a big deal you make out of it the better it will be

make fake tags and lose a few maps for 2 weeks then go back to normal

nn 4 tryhard

Spend some time at the Tribes Next and T2 TWL forums. There is a sense of community among T2 players today that hasn't existed in LT for the better part of 5 years. I say LT, because we seem to be the only sect of the T1 community that has a hard time getting along with each other and putting aside the the petty bullshit for the sake of the game. Everywhere else, be it renegades, annihilation, or duel, there is a group of people who hang out every single night, and who are respectful to each other. They're just there to have fun.

These days, I'm in Argh's more than anywhere else. Nightly, I see sleepy, joe daddy, and lost. A few times a week, I see skillz and snow. There, everyone is calm, collected, and just having a good time. No one is trolling. No one is fucking with people just see if they can get a rise out of them. It's just fun. Ten minutes later, we could all be sitting in an LT server, and everyone is raging hard again.

I don't know what it is, nor do I care. I have zero faith that anything in this community will change, and I can't find a single fuck to give about trying to improve a community made up of angry children who have nothing better to do than troll each other.

:shrug:

Some people grew up playing basketball, others baseball. I grew up playing Tribes. Seeing it in the state it is in today makes me sad sometimes :(

Back