[1.41] Tribes AfterHope by hyung - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk > Tribes Talk Goldmine
Reload this Page [1.41] Tribes AfterHope
Page 9 of 18
spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
161 - 05-14-2013, 18:39
im fine with playing without netset i did it vs actual g00d players and was pretty fukin decent lol

but im not gonna endorse it it makes no sense and it's the same solution thats been pushed 50 times before and has made the game really ****in gay in the past

Sponsored Links
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
162 - 05-14-2013, 18:40
how long did i keep 1.40 to myself and why did i release it? do you know how i got it or why i didn't share it until i waited?

several people see problems with netset and i'm not surprised you're pretending not to

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
163 - 05-14-2013, 18:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
if u want to take netsettings off imo its gonna lower the skill cieling of everyone's disk and nades let a lone cg

there are easier ways to refine the game to wat u want than locking interpolate

i truly do not care wat choices u make in this game but dont go blaming me for them

lpbs are always going to have an advantage unless u give someone else an advantage or nerf them which it seems is ur prerogative (same type of attitude u had with keeping 1.40 to yourself while u learned to pu)

i played in lots of euro pus and enjoyed them but i used netset it was p fun i did very g00d 2

i kno many euro players that also enjoy netset as well

idk wat sweet spot is wat i just kno u r taking away customization and u need 2 give reasons

4 example binswees netsettings are very very strange and tweeked out both interpolate and pft why shouldnt we be able to do this to hit ma's or refine the game in watever way to get better without hacking etc

the cg on standoffs is bad with polate but also people are totally bad too

y not just change the cg damage like u intended
this is an epic backpedal

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
164 - 05-14-2013, 18:42
and if it was really my prerogative to keep advantages to myself why would i give out 1.40

keep posting

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
165 - 05-14-2013, 18:43
p sure u kept 1.40 for at least 3-5 months (mayb longer before it leaked) and pu'd/pubbed constantly

which is insanely unfair vs a bunch of ppl without pft also u sucked for like a year of puing before it and were in obs a year before that constantly im not saying its y u got good but u used it as an edge secretly and thats telling

jaymz gave it to you to test out

how can problems be caused by network settings in a game u sperg if the cg is doing 2 much damage fix the cg not the fukin person aiming it

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 05-14-2013, 18:45
Quote:
p sure u kept 1.40 for at least 3-5 months (mayb longer before it leaked) and pu'd/pubbed constantly
wrong

Quote:
which is insanely unfair vs a bunch of ppl without pft also u sucked for like a year of puing before it and were in obs a year before that constantly im not saying its y u got good but u used it as an edge secretly and thats telling
sure why not
Quote:
jaymz gave it to you to test out
wrong
Quote:
how can problems be caused by network settings in a game u sperg if the cg is doing 2 much damage fix the cg not the fukin person aiming it
still backpedaling huh

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
167 - 05-14-2013, 18:47
so if i used 1.40 so i could have my own edge

why did i give it out

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
168 - 05-14-2013, 18:48
im not back peddling @ all

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
169 - 05-14-2013, 18:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsayo View Post

why did i give it out
your revisionist history has holes in it

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
170 - 05-14-2013, 18:55
Quote:

why did i give it out
i dont want 2 talk psychology with u u twist everything

u have the opinion that netset doesnt benefit hpbs nearly enough as lpbs and taking it away will level hpb and lpb gameplay because lpbs have inherit advantage

c i summarize all ur effort posting in a sentence

here is my argument back

reality is many hpb players want to **** with their interpolate settings and their pft settings and many find it extremely helpful

network settings effect more than cg so when u take the stance that network settings need nerfing u r taking the stance that disk and nades need nerfing too

instead of nerfing all weapons, skiing, perception, choice etc etc

y not just nerf the 1 thing that bothers every1 cg?

personally i want to be hit with more nice mid airs and have people worry less about aim and more about the ctf and i think netset helps that if u disagree thats cool but dont call me a back peddler when im playing without netset regardless

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
171 - 05-14-2013, 18:57
i think i've said like 3 times that 1.40 benefits hpbs which is why you're going into this big backpedal for the last few pages

netset became public because the low pingers complained about the game not being fair (re: you, segarob)

i'm not sure how you've missed that everytime

actually i am

p.s. netset goes beyond the cg, you're right and it doesn't mean something is overpowered

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
172 - 05-14-2013, 18:59
dood r u a robot can u not associate beyond a+b=c?

obviously 1.40 benefits hpbs so does netset how many times has nofix or mj posted on here saying network settings r subjective

if u dont want ppl 2 have that choice quit trying to snake oil it and give an argument other than cg is 2 powerful

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
173 - 05-14-2013, 19:01
right over your head

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
174 - 05-14-2013, 19:02
netset became public because u cried so hard about snow potentially bypassing there was drama

so once it was known that the thing existed i wanted access to it

thats fair imo

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
175 - 05-14-2013, 19:03
there's a relationship between how good something is in a game and the difficulty curve of that thing and the damage/strength of that feature

you can nerf something by either weakening it or increasing the skill curve

these don't have the same end result

a similar thing has happened in sc2 with smart casting

but your idea that somehow i'm trying to attack lpb's because they have an advantage is nuts and hilarious

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
176 - 05-14-2013, 19:04
netset totally helps lpbs more than hpbs

you're pretending to not understand this because you'd have to cry to get netset back again

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
177 - 05-14-2013, 19:05
so pretty much ur whole argument is lpbs are too powerful with netset didnt u say that wasnt ur argument in the post above 2

Quote:
but your idea that somehow i'm trying to attack lpb's because they have an advantage is nuts and hilarious

Quote:
netset totally helps lpbs more than hpbs

you're pretending to not understand this because you'd have to cry to get netset back again
ROFL

Maverick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
178 - 05-14-2013, 19:08
I don't like it when mom and dad fight

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
179 - 05-14-2013, 19:09
ya tru

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
180 - 05-14-2013, 19:10
you're the first one to bring up ping
Quote:
but it's definitely gonna limit the skill ceiling of wats possible and it will hurt people, hpb'ers the worst
i'm glad we're at the point that you admit you were wrong about that

removing netset has nothing to do with lpbs for me

it just shows how badly you need it when you backpedal for 3 pages

Page 9 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk > Tribes Talk Goldmine
Reload this Page [1.41] Tribes AfterHope

Social Website Bullshit